276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Space Between Us

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So I stopped reading them till this one- I picked this one up because of all the great reviews plus earlier this year I read "Everybody's Son" by this author and loved it.

The author really demonstrates the distinction between the haves and have nots; the power of education versus being illiterate; the authority of the male figures. By the end of the book you are left feeling so hopeless about the state of humanity you just want it to end.

The author also wove in descriptions of Bombay (Mumbai)--the slum where Bhima and her granddaughter resided, Sera's apartment, the markets, the beach, the traffic, the food. I understand I can change my preference through my account settings or unsubscribe directly from any marketing communications at any time.

Despite being there to witness each other's pain and suffering, Bhima and Serabai will never be close because they are from different classes.I love his writing style and I know that he can be trusted to deliver a book which goes far beyond what the blurb may suggest. From a disability-standpoint, ánd that of a cancer-survivor; this trope has always been a slap in my face. When an astronaut on her way to Mars discovers that she's pregnant she's forced to give birth on Mars, and as the child grows up he longs to see Earth and eventual NASA devises a plan to bring him home; but once on Earth he escapes from NASA's medical facility to meet up with a friend that he met online and seeks her help to find his father.

Not only is he a craptastic actor, but he has one of the most punchable faces in the history of cinema. The story shines in its portrayal of these three protagonists, and the interweaving of their storylines. Additionally, Umrigar explored the strength of friendship among the characters, which the class system and its bias threaten. The whole story is very similar and if the domestic violence that is inflicted on Ava the pregnant woman, would have been more muted, the book would actually be a good YA recommendation.

And while she is more than eager to see the worst in Bhima, who is clean in body and soul, she is blind to the corruption in her own household. It's sad , really heartbreaking at times as we come to know the stories of Sera , a wealthy woman, and her loyal servant , Bhimi , whose life in the slums is a stark contrast .

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment