276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ASTRA H - TAILGATE/BOOT OPENING SWITCH - NEW - 13223920

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So did mine, until I pulled the part out that goes through the body inside the car which is where all the flexing takes place. does it work with the button inside the car and have you tried both key fobs, do you get any bonging noises etc when you try, the twintop is renowned for roof wiring loom problems on the left hand side as Vauxhall made the wiring too brittle and as it flexes up and down with use eventually small breaks appear and require fixing. You can also test for the "open" pulse that goes to the release solenoid - it is only very brief but can be picked up on a multi-meter or use a test light.

Vauxhall Astra H boot not opening. Fix it quick and easy. Vauxhall Astra H boot not opening. Fix it quick and easy.

However if I decide to fold down the roof, I push the button, the car does does everything correct, and once the roof is in the boot, the boot opens like it normally should. I can manually release it via the hatch in the back seats, this alowwex me to find the broken wires on the hinge, replaced it with a brand new genuine vauxhall one, still no joy the boot doesnt open and the roof doesnt work. Looking at the Merv B boot catch it is different to the Merv A insofar as it has the solenoid built into the lock itself but you should still be able to bridge the switch wiring to test the switch. If i had to put my money on something, i would bet on the wiring that goes from the car to the boot.Further to this today we got a "Fault 15" on the dash which indicates the break light at the top of the tailgate was faulty.

PUSOKEI Car Boot Tailgate Release Switch, Rear Door Release

Rather it sends a pulse to the BCM which in turn sends an unlock signal back to the hatch solenoid to pull the rod to unlock the catch.

If the micro switch is fine and you are not getting the open pulse then you need to look at the wiring but do the simple things first. You may NOT copy or distribute the content that appears on this site without written permission from Fixya Ltd. There could be a few reasons why your sunroof on your 2011 Vauxhall Astra Twintop 2 door is not opening and instead beeping when you try to open it. Well the problem is that as the microswitch does not work in any way shape or form, therefore there was no way to tell whether it is locking or not and it never occurred to check for the noise of the central locking activating on the tailgate mechanism. what if the tail gate won't lock/unlock because the open switch is stuck making it think it's open or in an unrecognised state.

Vauxhall astra twintop boot wont open? - Fixya SOLVED: Vauxhall astra twintop boot wont open? - Fixya

The sunroof switch or control module may be faulty and not sending the correct signal to open the sunroof. Clearly some "expert" had been in there before me and had used loads of electrical tape to "fix" the issues. Disconnect the Black plug from the roof ecu/module in the boot and locate Pin 15, should be a Brown/white wire,.There`s normally a small rod that connects the locking motor to the latch that can come off,not sure if it`s the same on 2006 Astra but it probably is, is the panel held on by plastic push in clips. the ecu is behind the boots carpet on the bulkhead, you just need to disconnect the plugs on the ecu.

How to open faulty Tailgate? - Vauxhall Owners Network Forum How to open faulty Tailgate? - Vauxhall Owners Network Forum

This amount includes seller specified domestic postage charges as well as applicable international postage, dispatch, and other fees.Essentially the only thing that happens is that the car refuses to unlatch, if someone presses the open button. Read more about the condition New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is applicable). With the help of a long umbrella (or you can use just about any stick, which is at least 60-70cm long) and a lot of patience I managed to extend the net back to its rightful location, so that it is fully stretched in the boot. The WLTP (Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicles Test Procedure) is used to measure fuel consumption and CO 2 figures.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment