276°
Posted 20 hours ago

DEWALT DCF682N1 8V MAX Gyroscopic Inline Screwdriver by DEWALT

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When using an electric screwdriver for the first time, make a point of charging the tool completely. As a general rule, I like to plug a tool in for at least 24 hours to ensure the first time I use it, I’m getting a good sense of its ability. Testing was divided into objective and subjective tests. I made sure that each screwdriver was charged for at least 24 hours before each segment of testing began. In 2019 for the first edition of this guide, I used the electric screwdrivers in our test group to assemble a number of closet organizers. This time around, repeating this test wasn’t feasible, for logistical reasons. So, I decided to test the screwdrivers in this guide by working on a project that has similar mechanical characteristics to putting closet organizers together: refinishing the cupboard doors in my RV. Like the GO-01, the HSES-01 has a dial to control its torque, allowing for less power when working driving screws into delicate materials like a plastic power outlet cover. Like the GO-01, the HSES-01 comes equipped with a MicroUSB port. So, there’s no need to worry about the expense or availability of a proprietary charger if you ever need a new one. Finally, as with the GO-01, HSES-01’s motor is engaged by applying downward/ forward pressure (depending on which orientation you’re working in,) to the screwdriver. The tool will begin to drive or remove the screw that it’s set to, automatically.

While performing assorted tasks as part of our subjective tests for this guide, the M12 was the screwdriver I often grabbed when the job was assumed to be outside the capabilities of other powered screwdrivers. I used the Milwaukee M12 to reattach a compartment door on my RV, driving short metal screws through the holes on a hinge. That said, to finish the job, I needed a different screwdriver with a smaller physical profile—the Milwaukee M12 was too tall to fit in the space I was working in. Being able to adjust an electric screwdriver’s torque makes it possible to use the tool in a wider range of scenarios. For example, if the material you’re looking to secure into place is fragile, lowering the screwdriver’s torque will reduce the power of the electric motor. This will help to ensure that the material you’re securing into place isn’t damaged by the screw you’ve driven into it.Unfortunately, for all of its similarities to the GO-01, the HSES-01’s design offers enough frustrations that it can’t hold a candle to its predecessor. Like the DeWalt DCF682N1, the Metabo DB3DL2 comes with two removable batteries and a charging station, allowing one battery to be used while another is charging. The battery is a bit fussier than the one used in the DeWalt. however, as the Metabo battery can only be inserted into the tool, one way. The Milwaukee M12 provides the amount of torque you’d expect from a larger tool, like a drill or impact driver, in a comparatively compact size. It’s on the large end of the electric screwdriver spectrum, both in terms of size and the amount of torque it provides, making it possible for it to complete tasks outside of the range of the tests in this guide. For example, all the other screwdrivers tested were maxed out when using one-inch screws. The M12 was able to push past that limit, driving 1.5-inch screws into a wall stud. Unfortunately, Dremel’s second attempt to produce an electric screwdriver is less impressive than its first, the GO-01, which held the position of Best Overall in this guide, until it was discontinued. The objective tests were task-orientated and specifically focused on sinking screws to a 2x4 piece of lumber. For inserting screws in a 2x4 piece of lumber, an inch-long Robertson head lumber screw was used at an angle (roughly 45 degrees) as well as straight-on to get a sense of the screwdriver’s torque. Additionally, we tested the screwdriver’s ability to insert or remove screws from pre-drilled holes.

The screwdriver’s torque is comparable to tools that are marketed with contractors in mind, such as the DeWalt DCF682N1 and the Milwaukee M12. Having this oomph allows it to complete tasks that would be beyond less powerful electric screwdrivers intended for home users. During testing, I found that I was able to sink or remove longer screws into hefty material with relative ease. The subjective tests for this guide focused on assessing the overall experience of using each screwdriver, including its build quality, noise level, ease of use, its settings, and, where applicable, the additional features of the tool. In addition to these formal tests, I used the screwdrivers for a couple of weeks around my house performing tasks like removing and installing plastic air vent covers, repairing one of our AC units, and adjusting some drawers. What You Should Know About Electric Screwdrivers All About The Drill Bits If you already own a tool kit or a power drill, there’s a good chance that some of the bits that come with these products may work in your electric screwdriver. For example, a set of hex bits can make assembling furniture significantly easier compared to using a hex key. In addition, matching the correct bit to a screw’s head can make the difference between stripping the screw (making it impossible to securely thread into the same hole again) or removing it easily. When it comes to the screwdriver bits, one size does not fit all. The screwdrivers tested used ¼-inch hex shank bits, typically secured in place with a magnet. If you’re unsure of which bits are designed to fit your electric screwdriver, drop by your local hardware store with the tool. They’ll most likely be happy to help you select the correct bits. How to Use An Electric Screwdriver

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment