276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Percy Jackson & the Olympians Boxed Set (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

An extraordinary boy who never understood why he was so unaccepted and or different in his world, until it is relieved to him that he is powerful beyond belief (in some way or another). Okay, yeah, I had a few nits to pick, because otherwise I wouldn't be me, so it doesn't get a full five stars.

I loved seeing Percy interact with his father Poseidon, and his bond with the other campers and his half-brother. so it made very easy to believe they can be real, somewhere, somehow, in a corner of this world magic exists (Harry Potter), you can travel to parallel universes (Pendragon) or mythology lives among us. It includes stickers, cards and a small map of Camp Half-Blood, hidden in a compartment beneath the books. And as the battle for Western civilization rages on the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate. Honestly, one of the best series ever, wont beat Harry Potter but seriosly, I am now obsessed with Greek mythology!

and the bringing of mythical Greek elements to present-day NYC are very clever, from cultural and humorous standpoints as well as educational. I love most of the characters and it is always a joy to read the quests that Percy and the gang go on. I also felt Riordan’s location-naming became increasingly obsessive, reaching a fever pitch of precision in the final volume The Last Olympian where the battle for Mt Olympus (a fantasy structure, I should note, hovering above the Empire State Building) is catalogued intersection by friggin' intersection! I'm pretty sure that he doesn't try to get heroes' names rights so that he doesn't get attached to them, but it's just a thought.

I read the entire series just a few months ago, and I highly respect Rick for being a mast storyteller. As with the Potter books, one of my favorite characteristics if that the books focus on friendship rather than moving into any type of romance.The demigods rush to the rescue to find that Grover has made an important discovery: two powerful half-bloods whose parentage is unknown. She kind of reminded me of myself in a way that is kind of hard to put into words, although Annabeth reminds me of myself much more. It IS so deeply woven into our culture it will echo within anyone, and it's FUN and rich and beautiful and absolutely not moralizing.

I love the "Iliad" references so much—all the moreso for going entirely uncommented on in the narrative. This series is right up there with Harry Potter and Henning Mankell's Kurt Wallander series as my top favorite series.

Perseus 'Percy' Jackson-By far probably my favorite male fictional character and one of my overall favorite fictional characters of all time. The first 2 instalments of the Percy Jackson series have also been made into feature-length movies that starred Logan Lerman, Brandon T.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment