276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Top Gear The Ultimate Car Challenge Board Game

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

OPTIONAL DIGITAL FEATURES. Includes NEW online bonus features. Simply scan the QR code to control The Stig, cause crash chaos, use the stopwatch timer and roll the digital dice.

Top Gear Board Game | Find Me A Gift Top Gear Board Game | Find Me A Gift

MINUTES TO LEARN AND A LIFETIME TO EXPLORE: The basics of CATAN can be learned in just minutes, but it offers enough depth to remain compelling as you explore strategies and tactics for years to come In the video, in which he awarded an England cap to the spin bowler Tom Hartley, Flintoff said: “It gives me so much pleasure to share what is going to be a day Tom that you’re going to remember for the rest of your life.” Overall, I think this is a very good implementation of a TV show-based board game. There’s a little more to it than Snakes and Ladders, but it’s not as complex as Formula D. It absolutely has a niche on the board gaming world, there is never not for any game. I think 11-year-old me would have loved it and it probably would be something I played with my dad on Father’s Day. The incident last year was not Flintoff’s first accident while filming the show. He crashed at 125mph while travelling in a three-wheeled cycle car in 2019, but was able to walk away from the scene.

Unfortunately, even though some editors were familiar with the show, it wasn’t an engaging experience. For each question, the game creators provide options (multiple choice) for potential answers, but even still, players will be making wild guesses unless they remember minute information (which, admittedly, is what a trivia game should be). Top Gear was one of my favourite TV shows as a teenager. The combination of the daft stunts, the entertaining challenges and the chemistry of the three hosts made for very appealing content to me. Weirdly, cars didn’t really feel like the main pull for me, but I still enjoyed the show, and my maths-y brain took in the stats really well. Fast forward about 10 years, and I still watch the show from time to time. Things have changed, of course.

Gear Board Game Comparison - October 2023 Best Gear Board Game Comparison - October 2023

PUT YOUR FOOT TO THE FLOOR. It's time to put your foot to the floor and compete against friends and family to score the most points and become the Top Gear grand champion. Having played Top Gear: The Ultimate Car Challenge Board Game with my fellow editors, I figured I’d share my experience with you, in case you’re interested in what the game is like and if it’s worth purchasing. Review of Top Gear: FUN FOR ALL THE FAMILY. Whether you’re a petrol head or just a fan of the show, Top Gear is perfect for the whole family! STRATEGY GAME: Trade, build and settle the isle of Catan in this addictively fun strategy game previously called Settlers of Catan. Players control their own civilization and look to spread across a modular hex board in a competition for victory pointsAdmittedly, I’m not the ideal person to be reviewing the Top Gear board game, since I have only seen a couple episodes of the show. One’s enjoyment of the board game adaptation of the BBC show depends heavily on how familiar they are with specific episodes. Dedicated fans of the show might enjoy putting their memory to the test, but even if you’re a die-hard fan, you’ll still need to find at least one other person who likes the show enough to play with you. For that reason, the game could strongly benefit from using more vehicle/industry trivia in the game to involve non-fans, rather than relying solely on TV show knowledge. Plus, you can play interactively using the smartphone app, including a stopwatch and the frowned-upon but entirely entertaining pastime of crashing into your opponents. The hit BBC show Top Gear, which puts its humorous hosts into every car you can imagine, has developed a strong following since its revival debuted in 2002. Across its 25 new seasons thus far, it hasn’t been very heavily merchandised. But, it did get an official board game treatment in 2008 by now-defunct publisher Imagination Games. This trivia-driven challenge features hundreds of questions to evaluate who knows the most about Top Gear. Our ranking system The TopChoice.co.uk Team selects top-of-the-line items from a wide selection and conducts rigorous evaluations on almost all the products available on the internet. We rank each product based on how well it matches our criteria. Designed for players aged 8 years and above, the game accommodates 3 to 6 players. The dimensions of the game are 26 cm (L) x 26 cm (W) x 7 cm (D), making it compact and portable for gameplay anytime, anywhere.

Top Gear | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

The former presenter Richard Hammond spent two weeks in a coma in 2006 after crashing at the Elvington airfield in York in a jet-powered Vampire dragster while travelling at 288mph. The BBC said in March that it would not resume filming the latest series of Top Gear and added there would be a health and safety review on the motoring show, which has been running in its current iteration for 21 years. Gumtree.com Limited is an Appointed Representative of Compare The Market Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Trivia games in general don’t age well, especially if they’re licensed cash-ins, so the Top Gear board game will serve best as a collector’s item on someone’s shelf. Zatu has an excellent range of games and for most of them the best prices too. Delivery is always fast and I have never received a game in bad condition. 10/10 would recommend.

I remember when my cousins and I would come together during family gatherings and play boards games like Monopoly or Clue. The male ones would always complain that they wanted a more exciting game to play, one that involved cars and all sorts of action. Now their wish has been granted, although almost a decade too late with the Top Gear Board Game. In the Top Gear Board Game, Ultimate Car Challenge, players race around the board to collect the points needed to build their ultimate car. This seems easy until you realize that to win, you’ll need to answer Top Gear trivia, test your powers of guess work on “The Cool Wall,” challenge another player to a game of Caravan Conkers, and avoid all the hazards and unwanted caravan holidays. Can you do it? There’s only one way to find out.

Top Gear Race the Stig game | Board Game | BoardGameGeek Top Gear Race the Stig game | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

But wait, there's more! The Top Gear Board Game also boasts bonus digital features to elevate the excitement. Take control of The Stig, unleash crash chaos, race against the stopwatch timer, and roll the digital dice for added surprises. Correctly answering a question earns a person points in a particular category (Coolness, Speed, Handling), and a minimum number of points are needed in each category for a person to end the game as the winner. That’s a clever idea. Unlike Trivial Pursuit, though, there’s no way for a player to target going after a specific category on the board; they simply have to hope that the right category is on the question card that’s drawn. Don’t know too much about this but I would think a keeper that will become hard to find as time goes on and I’m sure The BBC Top Gear connection can only help. Gumtree.com Limited is an Introducer Appointed Representative of CarMoney Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FRN 674094. Gumtree.com Limited is a credit broker, not a lender. Introductions are limited to motor finance, CarMoney Limited will pay us a fixed commission per paid out deal.Flintoff was taken to hospital by air ambulance last December after a high-speed crash during filming. He was taking part in a shoot at Dunsfold Park aerodrome in Surrey on Tuesday, which has featured regularly in the BBC show since 2002. Are you ready to be the star in a reasonably priced car? Great, all you need is this Top Gear Fastest Lap board game!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment