276°
Posted 20 hours ago

King of Battle and Blood (Adrian X Isolde Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The latter is one of my absolute favorite romantasy books because it was brilliantly able to (in my opinion) balance the romance with a very engaging and intriguing plot. This part really amused me actually because it was a case of – Book blurb and main lady protag: the vampire king is a ruthless monster driven by blood lust and greed for power. The sex scenes are repetitive (pull tab, insert in hole, repeat), and I noticed that once again, several serious conversations are happening while the characters are having sex. Possibly remove a smut scene to spend more time giving a bit of a more epic battle or fight between the two.

To end a years-long war, Princess Isolde of Lara is willing to do whatever it takes, even if that means marrying her enemy, the ruthless vampire king, Adrian Aleksandr Vasiliev, and kill him. I’m going to DM you on insta to see what you thought of the moment towards the end that super annoyed me. Pero, joder, luego pienso en que quizás el siguiente sea igual de aburrido y que solo tenga un final explosivo y vuelvo a examinar si vale la pena… En fin.The only hard part now is the book hangover I have to deal with—and settling in for the wait to the sequel! The pace of the story and writing complements this brilliantly, making for a flowing narrative that you hardly want to put down.

I am looking forward to this book and love the cover, but it’s difficult not to see how similar it is to another popular fantasy series with vampires.

The spicy scenes happened so quickly that I couldn't understand who finished when or what position they were using or what they hell they were doing. In fact, I get tired of seeing characters like Isolde labeled “strong female characters” when they devote so much of their time to woman vs.

I was promised enemies to lovers but all I see is insta-lust (and oh boy do I hate this) Isolde supposedly hated him while he 'loved' her for absolutely no reason but yk going at it means nothing . Isolde goes from not remembering anything to remembering everything and accepting the whole “plot twist” in the span of a few pages (by the way, the way she remembers and realizes who she is was SO anticlimactic). Despite their undeniable chemistry, she wonders why the king——fierce, savage, merciless—chose her as consort. A surprise it was when I found myself feeling okay as I read further, though a few things still irked me. It’s one thing to stick with the same themes throughout it a series/world, but this is a new series and read as recycled.

He’s a pretty typical paranormal romantasy hero in many ways—he’s a tough but fair ruler whose people adore and fear him in equal measure, but when it comes to his queen, he’s an insane softie and worships the ground she walks on. Look, I will be the first to admit that I am 80% here for the spice, and it doesn’t take much to entertain me—but I just scratch my head at characters who can’t talk to each other unless their clothes are off. I really liked her in the first few chapters; she was strong, and independent, and saying how she wanted to rule without having to marry because she was raised to be a good ruler… Then I stopped liking her when she started traveling with Adrian and his vampires because she couldn’t stop acting like a jealous teen and she was so contradictory!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment