276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Beneath Dark Waters

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Review copy was received from NetGalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

This was a twisty tale told in part by one of the major villains of the story who is a real evil character. I enjoyed the relationships in the story. Val and Kaj are two damaged people who are healing and find each other along the way. He is dealing with the loss of his wife to cancer and raising a very bright and diabetic son. She is overcoming the trauma of being raped by three of her fellow Marines and then not letting the Marine Corps cover it up. As for characters, you have Ethan Buchanan who is featured in several books, Dr. Tess Ciccotelli is featured in others, and Dana Dupinsky is featured in a few other novels (and not all these novels are the same with the ones featuring Ethan Buchanan). A fast-paced, high-intensity story that’ll carry you along on an amazing journey.”— New York Times bestselling author Lori FosterThe two main characters, Val and Kaj, were developed with heart and kindness, plus the growth of steamy heat and simmering love interest tempered the ugliness surrounding them. New York Times bestselling author Karen Rose, the popular international romantic-suspense author, was born as Karen Rose Hafer in 1964 in Baltimore, Maryland and grew up in a small town outside of Washington D.C. At the age of 17, she met her future husband, with whom she moved to Cincinnati, Ohio after both graduating from University of Maryland. Karen graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering.

I knew from the beginning that this was going to be an emotional, gut-wrenching story. Kit was a foster kid who had significant struggles even before a foster sister became a long-time missing person’s case. She can count on one hand with fingers left over the people whom she trusts, but she is an amazing detective for the San Diego department and she needs to bring down the guy hurting and killing these girls. ELLIJAH is awesome but unbelievable at 9 years old. So definitely suspend your beliefs in this novel and just enjoy what you can. Everything lays out a bit too easily and some of the connections are OTT For example, some of the Karen Rose books are set in Minneapolis, others in Baltimore, and yet others in Atlanta, Cincinnati, St. Petersburg, and Chicago. With its compelling and masterfully plotted storyline, this is an impressive beginning to a new series by Karen Rose, one of my top-favorite writers. In my humble opinion, romantic suspense doesn’t get any better than hers.Working from different angles, Kit and Sam work to uncover the truth... And their growing feelings for one another. Cardozo is working on two high profile cases. A man has beaten a doctor who specialized in childhood cancer to death because he blamed him for the death of his young son. The second case is that of a famous actress who has accused a film director of rape. It turns out that the cases have some connections that aren't obvious at first. years ago Kit vowed to find her sister Wrens killer and she became a Detective to do it, ever since the tragic event along with her foster father they’ve turned over every stone and come up with nothing, they’ve had no new leads on Wrens killer for the past 5 years. This new case is so similar to what happened to Wren can Kit do what she does best dispute the pain?.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment