276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Ghosts of Sleath

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

urn:lcp:ghostsofsleath0000herb:epub:484a2e11-f24a-4474-a029-0e62115006f6 Foldoutcount 0 Identifier ghostsofsleath0000herb Identifier-ark ark:/13960/t23c4wk7b Invoice 1652 Isbn 9781447294597 There were some good creepy moments here, and I really felt for poor old Ash - will things ever work out for him? (I guess I'll find out when I read Herbert's new book Ash - yey, can't wait!)

The Ghosts of Sleath by James Herbert - Pan Macmillan

Herbert's lastet horror novel is a turgid affair. It concerns Jonathan Childes, a schoolteacher with a psychic talent, who can occasionally see through the eyes of a certain lunatic during the Continue reading » David Ash is such a lovable character, and once again he is thrown into the supernatural despite the fact that the parapsychologist would much rather that part of the world does not exist. These are the questions that confront paranormal investigator David Ash in James Herbert's The Ghosts of Sleath, when Ash is sent to the picturesque village of Sleath in the Chiltern Hills to look into mysterious reports of mass hauntings. What he discovers is a terrified community gripped by horrors and terrorized by ghosts from the ancient village's long history. As each dark secret is unveiled and terrible, malign forces are unleashed, he will fear for his very sanity. British horror writer Herbert (Devil in the Dark) breaks away from supernatural and SF horror to turn out a chilling classic haunted house tale. Gabe and Eve Caleigh and their two daughters need to Continue reading »Without a doubt this is one of James Herberts best works. Set three years after the events at Edbrook (Haunted), paranormal investigator David Ash is sent to the quiet village of Sleath. What he finds is an idyllic country village with a dark history steeped in evil. With his third novel, the ghost story The Survivor, Herbert used supernatural horror rather than the science fiction horror of his first two books. In Shrine, he explored his Roman Catholic heritage with the story of an apparent miracle which turns out to be something much more sinister. Haunted, the story of a sceptical paranormal investigator taunted by malicious ghosts, began life as a screenplay [13] for the BBC, though this was not the screenplay used in the eventual film version. Its sequels were The Ghosts of Sleath and Ash. [14] Others of Herbert's books, such as Moon, Sepulchre and Portent, are structured as thrillers and include espionage and detective story elements along with the supernatural. Best Ghost story ever told and beautifully written by our very own Mr.Herbert. The scenes and images are perfect,

THE GHOSTS OF SLEATH | Kirkus Reviews

A charming and persuasive entry that will leave readers impatiently awaiting the concluding volume. The Ghosts of Sleath is much more like a fully realised product, although there were still a few things that I didn’t like about it. Structure-wise, though, it works a lot better as a story, but the bad news is that you’re still going to want to read Haunted first because the books do work best if you go through them chronologically. It’s not that they’re necessarily direct sequels, but there are conversations in each book that would spoil the previous ones if you hadn’t read them. This is a typical James Herbert book. The characters, the story, events, love affair (and there always has to be a love affair, no matter how far-fetched/implausible) and ending - all classical in his writing style. There was an extremely graphic sex scene that caught me by complete and utter surprise, and Herbert's talent for graphic descriptions is evident throughout the novel. His explanation for the cause of the trouble in Sleath is interesting but wasn't completely surprising.It is the second story of David Ash, which i didn't know as i was sent this as part of a book exchange. Cabell, Craig (2003). James Herbert: Devil in the Dark. United Kingdom: John Blake Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84358-059-1. to investigate the phenomena and his discoveries there drive him to the very edge of his own sanity. The incidents grow worse until, in the final night of horror, awesome and malign forces are unleashed in a

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment