276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Wim Hof Method: Activate Your Potential, Transcend Your Limits

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Proper exposure to the cold starts a cascade of health benefits, including the buildup of brown adipose tissue and resultant fat loss, reduced inflammation that facilitates a fortified immune system, balanced hormone levels, improved sleep quality, and the production of endorphins— the feel-good chemicals in the brain that naturally elevate your mood. Those two things are producing some truly remarkable health and fitness for those who go through his program. Through decades of self-exploration and groundbreaking scientific studies, Wim has created a simple, effective way to stimulate these deep physiological processes and realise our full potential. Hof, in emotional agony, as well as facing bringing up four children himself with very little money, found some comfort in cold water, in the canyons around Pamplona.

The Wim Hof Method: Activate Your Full Human Potential

He says he can manage the part of his nervous system that is responsible for breathing and heart rate, as well his adrenaline, dopamine and serotonin. I think he has found something, and he understands a crucial fact of human existence: none of us ever really discover our true potential. Following the diagnosis I immediately cut out gluten, dairy, processed food, refined sugars and caffeine and started being careful with my iodine intake. I've occasionally been doing Wim Hof's breathing exercises and cold showers before reading the book, which is why I decided to read/listen to it.Get inside the mind of Wim Hof and learn why millions of people worldwide feel the freeze and do it anyway. Heightened oxygen levels hold a treasure trove of benefits, and the specialized breathing technique of the Wim Hof Method unearths them all: more energy, reduced stress levels, and an augmented immune response that swiftly deals with pathogens. Wim’s specific breathing exercises take about 20 minutes and involve rounds of 30 to 40 deep breaths, which should be done in a safe environment, ideally before breakfast. This book is a must read for everyone suffering from depression, anxiety, or any mental and even physical illness or autoimmune disease, but also for everyone else who wants to learn how to reach our mind’s full potential or increase their athletic performance.

the Wim Hof Method? | Practice The Method What is the Wim Hof Method? | Practice The Method

The breathing is followed by a retention period, where you hold your breath for a certain amount of time. There is some good information here (respectable studies that have looked at his method, for example) and I do expect more studies to confirm the benefits of cold exposure and breathing exercises (we should not need studies to confirm common sense, might I say). Practicing the Wim Hof Method and incorporating the exercises into your daily routine will make you gain more energy, get better sleep, build a strong immune system, and become a healthier person. But he also can't resist preaching his theology--which is a mash up of Hindu, Buddhism and New Age spirituality.In terms of the latter, there's nothing much to add that hasn't already been covered in the VICE documentary, the books The Way of the Iceman and What Doesn't Kill Us, and his appearances on Joe Rogan's podcast (712 was far better than 865 imo). What Wim Hof discovered in his long and intimate dance with the cold, is that this age-old natural defense system is still in place. After incorporating the Wim Hof Method into my daily life I have begun to see results in my pain levels and athleticism. Twice yearly Wim Hof travels to his two favorite destinations to teach his method as part of the biannual Expeditions.

The Wim Hof Method: Activate Your Full Human Potential

While I wasn't a fan, there will be plenty who have a philosophical alignment here and find value in reading this book.The Classic 10-Week Video Course is an online course that teaches you the Wim Hof Method through a series of fun and easy instructional videos. You just influenced key drivers of your health, increased your vitality and focus, busted your stress, reduced inflammation factors, and optimised your immune system. Combining the breathing techniques with controlled exposure to cold, and training your focus, leads you to the ability to control your autonomic nervous system. He has figured out some mental knack to allow him to transcend the perceivable limits of the human body, which sounds a bit crazy, but he can do things most of us can’t and he seems to be genuinely interested in teaching these methods to other people.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment