276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Rose Rivers (World of Hetty Feather)

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The plot was absolutely thrilling, inspiring, and gripping; it always captured my mind from whatever I was doing; it never became boring and was left on a very exciting cliff hanger, leaving longing for more! While reading, I felt as if I was with her overcoming and encountering all the problems she faced as a girl. I also felt some sympathy and pity for Rose due to the injustice of education, because, I knew (although I take school for granted) I would too fight for a proper education at school. Jacqueline Wilson wrote her first novel when she was nine years old, and she has been writing ever since. She is now one of Britain’s bestselling and most beloved children’s authors. She has written over 100 books and is the creator of characters such as Tracy Beaker and Hetty Feather. More than forty million copies of her books have been sold.

Jacqueline Wilson does a great job at covering the prejudices that many people faced for not being born as what was seen as an ideal member of society, and showed that although many people benefited from the inequality, there were still members of society that fought for the rights of others, and understood that they were not worth more or less based on their wealth. This book has helped me understand the vast changes in the world that have occurred to get us to a place where the gender or social standing that you were born with does not define what you can and can't do with your life. You thought you were being so kind and splendid making friends with a girl like me, but when you saw that brooch so obviously planted in my bed, you thought I was a common thief like all the others." Rose Rivers is the most recent book from the world of Hetty Feather by Jacqueline Wilson. In fact, it’s from the world of Clover Moon. We first meet Rose in Jacqueline Wilson’s earlier novel, Clover Moon. Then Hetty, Clover and Rose all come together in Hetty Feather’s Christmas. a painter also, encourages her she can't help but fall a little for Paris as he's older but shows her attention. As Paris is commissioned to paint a portrait of her mother, Rose gets the chance to spend time with him where he encourages her greatly. She discovers she is a talented comedy sketch artist where as painting isn't her forte.

I'm probably far too old for JW, but as a school librarian I always enjoy an opportunity to read her newer books, and this was perhaps my favourite! During the book rose develops a crush on a young artist named Paris Walker, she grows very attached as he shows interest in her artistic ability when other snub her. He encourages her throughout the book while he paints her mothers portrait (she draws crude sketches of this process taking place). Eventually she ends up kissing him and he is banished from the household while she is sent away to school.

She strives to become better at drawing throughout the novel to follow in her father footsteps. She does not have much natural talent for true to life sketches but finds talents in satirical comics. The Rose River, a perennial river [2] of the North-East Murray catchment of the Murray-Darling basin, is located in the Alpine region of Victoria, Australia. It flows from the northern slopes of the Mount Buffalo National Park in the Australian Alps, joining with the Dandongadale River in remote national park territory. [1] Location and features [ edit ]I'm probably being unfair. The book is very well researched and written, clear enough for children to understand even the things that seem very unfamiliar. And unlike some of the recent ones, it does finish, more or less, rather than stop. I'm guessing there'll be more from either Clover or Rose in another year. I would recommend this book to other pupils especially if they like stories told in first person, as it is told in the perspective of the thirteen-year-old girl in the Victorian era. Rose Rivers is the main character of the book of the same name. She is the fraternal twin of Rupert. She lives as the eldest daughter of a wealthy Victorian family. Throughout the book Rose expresses her dislike of her life feeling lonely and unwanted several times throughout the novel. She struggles to make friends, especially with those of a similar social standing, eventually she befriends Clover moon who works for her family as a nursery maid. Meanwhile, Clover Moon moves into the house as a nurserymaid, much to Rose’s mother’s disgust. But Clover is good with small children, especially Rose’s sister Beth (who is possibly autistic, but wouldn’t have had a diagnosis in Victorian times). Clover also becomes a friend to Rose, but Rose has to be careful as her mother would disapprove of her being friends with a common servant.

In Rose Rivers there are many interesting characters and one of the most interesting was Rose’s mother as her character was very contradicting. At one point she would be expecting Rose to be grown up and ladylike but when it suited her, she was a child and was not allowed to be with and adults. This made her my least favourite character she also was a hypocrite and hated all her children apart from Rupert. Rose has a difficult relationship with her mother. Rose’s father tries to encourage her to follow in his artistic footsteps, but Rose doesn’t have her father’s talent. But when a young artist friend of her father, Paris Walker, visits the house, Rose starts to find herself more interested in art.The character I didn’t like was Rose’s brother, Rupert. He is vain and doesn’t think about anyone but himself. He doesn’t listen to what Rose is trying to tell him and he always acts like the perfect child in front of everyone but Rose and won’t admit when he is wrong. Overall I liked this book a lot because something is always going on which keeps you reading. Also, the pace of the story differs throughout the whole book. Not all questions are answered by the end but that lets the reader imagine what happens next. I think I would definitely recommend it to friends and pupils because of how enjoyable it is with the amazing plot twist at the end of the book. I’m sure they would have the same positive overall comments as me.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment