276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Defy Me: 5 (Shatter Me)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’m shaking my head, my heart racing now, pounding in my ears. “No, Ella, you don’t understand— I think—” What the novellas do is provide extra insight into the world of Shatter Me. They’re often from a different POV. For instance, Destroy Me, the first novella, is from Warner’s POV. He is the villain of the first novel. I don’t remember much about Castle in the original trilogy to be completely honest but here he was kind of a central character and he acted as sort of an advisor to both Warner and Juliette. He felt like the archetypical mentor figure of YA that I feel has kind of been lost in the past years’ new releases. I liked that he also tried to not completely overstep his boundaries, even though I found he could have tried to help more.

James and I aren’t leaving, Adam says. Loudly. Definitively. You can make your plans without us. We have to take off for the night, anyway. Adam stands, turns to his brother. It’s time to get ready for bed.

Hobbies

For those unaware, Mafi wrote the first three books and then there was a very large gap before she wrote Books 4-6. So, Ian says quietly. We have to be smart about this. If they’re dead, we need to be thinking about our next moves. Where do we go?

Warner – He and Anderson talk. Anderson tells Warner what his plan was. Warner throws a knife at Anderson. It hits Anderson in the throat. He collapses. Warner tells him to “Enjoy hell.”James and I aren’t running anymore, Adam says, his eyes going cold as he speaks. I understand if the rest of you have to leave, but James and I will stay here. I was a Sector 45 soldier. I lived on this base. Maybe they’ll give me immunity.

You know what I mean, I snap, irritated. We all know that Juliette and Warner wouldn’t, like, run away together. They weren’t even on speaking terms before the symposium. So it makes the most sense that they would be kidnapped. I pause. Look around again. Right?As I said, everything I mentioned above are things I think of as bad because if something similar (outing etc) had happened for a rep I’m ownvoices for I would be livid. Since there are no trigger warnings in the book, in this case I’m choosing not to stay in my lane in the hope to spare a trans person some hurt. I will be happy to link to trans reviewers once more people have read the book, but so far I haven’t really seen anything about this. I mean, it’s possible, she says. But The Reestablishment doesn’t have a long history of caring about pretenses. They stopped pretending to care about the opinion of the public a long time ago. They mow people down in the street just because they feel like it. I don’t think they’re worried about hiding things from us. So far, I would rate this five stars if I could. And that's not just because it's a Tahereh Mafi book--trust me, I was worried about this book. But everything so far is done really smartly and anything I'm upset about is almost entirely driven by the fact that it's not matching up with my expectations, which is an entirely unfounded criticism to make, so i'm withholding it and getting over it.

In full disclosure, it’s been a really long time since I read the the first batch of Shatter Me books. Defy Me delves into deep emotional territories. The book skillfully explores themes of love, identity, betrayal, and redemption, and it does so with a high level of emotional depth. The intense and intimate moments between characters resonate with readers. In conclusion, the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi is a thrilling and thought-provoking exploration of power, love, and the human condition. The series consists of three main novels and four novellas, each adding a new layer of complexity and depth to the story. With its vivid characters, intricate world-building, and compelling storyline, the series has become a beloved staple of the young adult genre. Juliette and Warner's relationship is tested when secrets from their pasts come to light. The love they share faces immense challenges, leading to moments of heartbreak and betrayal.All told, there was a lot about “Restore Me” that I loved, but also so much I hated. I’m really conflicted now and I don’t know if I loved or if I hated the book. After reading the ending I had to supress the sudden urge to throw it against a wall, but I also wanted to cradle it and cry my heart out. Ahhh I just don’t know how to feel about his book. I’m drowning in my emotions here. >_< Juliette Ferrars is the new Supreme Commander of America and struggling to maintain a tight grip on her newfound powers and responsibility. There are a lot of things she hasn’t figured out yet and as the days go by she’s trying her best to take one step after the other forcing herself not to crumble under the sheer force of the new role that has been bestowed upon her. Will she be able to deal with the consequences of her actions or will her past cause her to falter?!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment