276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Old Bear

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Printable Learning Binder | Toddler Busy Book Velcro Preschool Homeschool Learning Kit Literacy | Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? Source: I won a copy of this book through the Goodreads 'First Reads' programme. Thanks to the author Jane Hissey.)

This was wonderful. I loved the old toys as they schemed ways to get Old Bear down from the attic. Fans of Toy Story will enjoy this one. Hoot— a female white toy owl who lives in the loft. She is the only one of the toys who can fly. She is sensible, kind and motherly and likes to look after the "younger" characters. Hoot sleeps all day in her nest on top of the wardrobe (unless someone needs to be rescued when she leaps into action). At night, however, when everyone else is asleep, Hoot is awake and busy. No one is really sure what she does, but if anything is missing in the morning it may be because Hoot has tidied it away in the night! [13] Bramwell Brown— a wise brown teddy bear, often considered second to Old Bear and the leader of the animals in Old Bear's absence. He is practical and is always making and mending things, cooking, knitting and sewing. He often has useful ideas and helpful suggestions. [3]

The Naughty Cats— the main antagonists. Five toy cats who cause a lot of trouble for Ruby, Blue and Blanket but Blanket knows how to get them to behave themselves. [18] Recognized in both publishing and TV, Jane Hissey is best known for her children’s book series Old Bear & Friends. First published in 1986, it later became the inspiration for BAFTA award winning TV series Old Bear Stories. Access-restricted-item true Addeddate 2012-02-13 15:06:46 Boxid IA149210 Boxid_2 BWB220141017 Camera Canon EOS 5D Mark II City New York Donor

I'm going to go out on a limb and give it the full five stars. The story is sweet and well-told, but the illustrations--oh, those illustrations!--they're absolutely gorgeous. A note at the end says it might take her a year to produce a book, because of the quality of the illustrations, and I believe it. Stun-ning, and absolutely apt for this charmer of a tale.Find sources: "Old Bear and Friends"– news · newspapers · books · scholar · JSTOR ( January 2021) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message) A beautifully-illustrated classic picture book treasury from popular author-illustrator Jane Hissey featuring five of her most-loved stories. Forgotten the title or the author of a book? Our BookSleuth is specially designed for you. Visit BookSleuth

As a child growing up in Norfolk, Jane developed a love for writing and drawing. Her holidays were spent wandering fields and lanes, conjuring up fantastical worlds with pencil and sketchbook. When she wasn’t doing this she would spend days at a time sitting in her favorite tree, reading the likes of Arthur Ransome and Enid Blyton. This is a great story of toy friends working together to rescue the teddy bear abandoned in the attic.urn:lcp:oldbear00hiss:epub:22019a5f-a1f4-4cb0-8835-105831f62731 Extramarc University of Alberta Libraries Foldoutcount 0 Identifier oldbear00hiss Identifier-ark ark:/13960/t6058pt1q Isbn 0399214011 Lccn 86012227 Ocr_converted abbyy-to-hocr 1.1.20 Ocr_module_version 0.0.17 Openlibrary OL2718933M Openlibrary_edition This is really a beautiful childrens book. Breakfast was forgotten as soon as this book arrived and I really couldn't get my son away from it! Her tales of adventure and discovery are both heartwarming and fun, captivating the imaginations of children and adults alike. Her illustrations are unique, using layers of colour pencil to build a more full & finely detailed finished image.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment