276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Orient Men's '2nd Gen. Bambino Ver. 2' Japanese Automatic Stainless Steel and Leather Dress Watch

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Orient's naming system for the Bambino series is wonderfully simple. It starts with Version 1 and ends with Version 5. You'll also come across plenty of individual editions with "Generation 2" in their names. This designation is exclusive to models produced after 2018 and powered by the entirely reworked Orient is rated very good when it comes to watch manufacturing. It is a subsidiary of Seiko, another Japanese watch manufacturer. Orient sells higher-priced watches than the Bambino, so they have an incentive to maintain good quality as those buyers expect it. Where to Buy the Orient Bambino The other scenario that many of us can relate to is going on job interviews. I remember being a recent graduate and being stressed on what to wear and how to present myself as I went on job interviews. At a traditional face-to-face interview, you will often find yourself sitting across from the interviewer with your hands (and a watch) on a table. Orient has done a good job with the rose gold case, hands, and markers. It looks classically reserved, and I like that Orient has kept the case diameter at 40mm.

Orient Bambino | Orient Watch USA Orient Bambino | Orient Watch USA

Where a lot of movements in this price range incorporate plastic parts, the 48743 is all metal. It’s widely known to be a tough, reliable movement. There are mixed feelings regarding accuracy, with the general consensus being that it’s not necessarily as accurate as it is consistent. mm strap size of the Orient Bambino Versions 1-3 and Small Seconds is not that common, narrowing down your watch band options. The Version 4 has a more common 22-mm strap size. The only part of the Bambino that reveals its price point is the strap. Its looks are fitting (the crocodile grain feels right at home with the rest of the aesthetic), but it feels underwhelming in comparison to the rest of the watch. It isn’t as soft as it could be, feeling about as good as the strap on the Stuhrling Original Delphi Acheron. Overall, not bad but nothing great either. My main issue with the Bambino – both Gen 1 and 2, and many other dress watches for that matter – is the size. The specs show this as a 40.5, but it feels bigger. It’s not obnoxious, but for my wrists at least, it is 1-2mm outside what I consider the ideal dress watch diameter. Again – not terrible, but enough to regularly keep it off-wrist.Orient, a traditional Japanese watch manufacturer, is famous for offering high-quality watches at moderate prices. Of course, this also applies to the Orient Bambino Open Heart – White dial – Stainless Steel Case RA-AG0002S10A Orient Bambino Open Heart – Blue dial – Stainless Steel Case – RA-AG0005L10A Classic design with a slightly larger case, thinner hands, and very minimal markers – designed to create a clean presentation with more wrist presence than previous models

Orient Bambino 2nd Generation Version 2 Classic Watch

The Gen 1 & Gen 2 Versions 1 through 3 & 5, the Bambino Small Seconds & Open Heart versions come in at 21 mm between the lugs (the place where the strap connects to the watch). This is a rather uncommon size and makes buying replacement straps for the Bambino kind of a pain if you want them to fit exactly. You will be able to find 21mm replacement straps, you just won’t have a lot of options. The V4 has a 22mm size, which is much more common and finding great straps shouldn’t be a problem. The rose gold case will wear well. It’s had many hours on my wrist and looks as good as the day I got it. I also quite like the level of polish- it reflects light without showing every fine scratch and mark on it. The recently-released V3 Bambino is much more contemporary, maintaining simplicity with a modern aesthetic. The V3 loses the printed outer ring on the dial, with hour markers that now extend right to the outer rim. It’s attractive, but my preference still lends itself to the V2, which looks smaller on the wrist (despite being the same size).

Bambino Versions 1, 3, and 4 embody the concept of "less is more." Their dials are especially plain and do without numerals entirely. Instead, applied indices mark the hours, while small dots indicate the minutes. You can tell the different versions apart by their hand and index shapes. I think it’s unfair to critique this watch too much aesthetically given the range of dial options and layouts available. Overall, it’s great and you can find something that appeals to you. For me, this specific configuration with the Roman numerals and tachymeter chapter ring looks really great. I am not a huge fan of the faux-blued hands, and I could do without the faux-patina dial. Overall, it looks nice but a bit like it’s trying too hard to nail the vintage vibe. Apart from that, it’s a handsome piece. The Versions 1 through 3 watches of both generations look the same, only the internals are different. Versions 4 and 5 do not have a 1 st Generation counterpart. You can tell a Generation 1 watch from a Generation 2 watch by the writing on the dial. Generation 1 watches say “Water Resist” while Gen 2 watches spell out “Water Resistance.” The Bambino Small Seconds removes the large water resistant text and just has the Orient logo on the front. The Bambino V5 ref. RA-AC0003S is made of plain stainless steel and demands roughly 160 USD. Gold-plated editions like the RA-AC0001S sell for slightly more at around 220 USD. Versions 1, 3, and 4: Less Is More The crown could be a little larger. It’s only 5.3mm. The small size made it difficult to manipulate. What’s also interesting to note here is that water resistance can vary from model to model across the Bambino line. While this particular model that I’m reviewing has a water resistance rating of 30 meters, other models can feature up to 50 meters.

Orient Bambino: Which Version is Right For You? | Prowatches Orient Bambino: Which Version is Right For You? | Prowatches

The Orient Bambino is a great watch for interviewing at any company that has a business casual to formal suit culture. As you interview for your first few jobs, those are often the most difficult. The Bambino is a great addition to the post-graduate interview wardrobe. Orient Bambino Alternatives Timex Marlin The first generation of the Bambino comes in three styles (called ‘versions’ by Orient) while the second generation comes in those same three plus an extra two versions. There is also a Bambino “Small Seconds,” which takes the second hand and moves it to a chronograph like sub-dial and adds some Roman numerals. And recently, Orient has released an “open heart” version, which takes design styles from both generations of watches and combines it with an open heart dial where you can see the internal mechanism. The Bambino is a popular on watch blogs and forums. In discussions about the best mechanical movement watches you can buy on a budget, it doesn’t take long for the venerable Bambino to be suggested. Earlier this year I decided to get one for myself and see what this Orient is all about. Clean and modern – many right angles and no curves to create a strong and contemporary presentation The Bambino comes in three flavors, referred to as version one, two, and three. All three use the same movement, and have similar but distinct looks. Of the three, the V2 variety is definitely my favorite.

I’m always a little wary of watches with a lug width of 21mm. But I was pleasantly surprised that the strap didn’t feel too chunky. The leather is pretty cheap as expected. Don’t be thrown off – it’s perfectly serviceable for normal use. Everyone that tried it on thought that is was comfortable. The case shape combined with the comfortable strap makes the Orient Bambino very easy to wear. The dial features an open heart window, which allows you to see into the beating automatic movement The domed crystal is mineral. It’s scratch resistant, but not scratch proof. Its shape makes it a target, too- you don’t realize the difference the extra few millimeters makes when getting into vehicles, reaching into drawers, and on. Classic pointed dauphine hands, wedge markers – quintessential dress watch with a slight nostalgic lean

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment