276°
Posted 20 hours ago

You Are Not Immune To Propaganda - Black Lives Matter Slogan Tank Top

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

How PAW Patrol will come to be viewed in years to come is an interesting question: it seems likely that a generation of children coming-of-age in a time of far greater gender fluidity than ever, will have little time for the show’s patriarchal gender performance. In other words, abandoning their children to this ceaselessly cheery neoliberal nightmare for 90 minutes shouldn’t worry parents too much. PAW Patrol’s chief singularity is the way young people are called upon to rectify the mistakes or crimes of adults. Ryder, Charlie to the pooches’ Angels, is a 10-year-old vigilante, and in the new film has become a magnate at the head of a lucrative empire. The animals themselves, the movie reminds us, are conspicuously not dogs but puppies – never ageing, like Bart Simpson or Just William. This is important, because it aligns with a sensibility in which youth, unclouded by ambition or other adult considerations, is able to save the day over and over. Perhaps this is pleasing or recognisable to children brought up by late millennials having to become adults in a world where traditional markers of ageing (such as house ownership) are shifting. Also, children raised post- Philippa Perry are probably used to being considered on a more equal footing to grownups than previous generations. With freedom, It depends how we look at it from what perspective. We talking about, certain aspects of society or the whole thing altogether I see culture as the total of lived experience of a community—where the boundary of that community is drawn and what the political implication of that may be is the big question. A culture can be as large as the entire population of the world or as small as two people (say twins with a secret language).Any smaller than two and you have a survivor of a culture, rather than a culture.Nations have historically looked to distinctive aspects of their culture as elements of their identity.For Danes, say, this means big things like language, social mores and residence in a particular location as well as small things like having a hole in their coins. The interface betweenpropagandaand culture then is often thatpropagandainvokes culture as something to be protected.More than this some countries have seen culture as being one of their assets and have sought to introduce their culture to others as a way of increasing their “soft power” in the world.Once something is claimed as characteristic of national identity it then becomes an issue to be defended so culture andpropagandacan be a self-reinforcing loop. 4. What effect doespropagandahave on people? Yes but there have been so many atrocities and bad things happening that makes one feel indifferent about those, which is a form of self-protection

I am immune to propaganda, for I know that western MSM has said a lot of lies to push their neoliberal narrative.

Yes, the craziness has even increased in the recent years. Especially as a result of guided thinking where people are getting implanted thoughts Yeah Anti-German sentiments at the time were probably awful, just awful. Here's an example of how much people were overreacting. Kitchener, a city in Canada was originally called Berlin, changed it's name in 1916. The latest test was this COVID pandemic. This one is ongoing and controversial so I won't comment on it. There's a very good reason I don't align with the modern day cults of the left and right and that is because no matter which direction you go you will eventually begin to see aberrations and these aberrations only grow in intensity the farther you go down either spectrum.

Yeah shows you what kind of people the people one knows might be, if they're willing to end a relationship because you don't agree with them. The big one that upsets me is when people downplay the importance of space technology. You often see or hear people in the media or social media bashing billionaires like Elon for his space missions. Claiming that the money should be put to better use. I say it is being put to good use. Space technology will define future conflicts, with states wanting to set up their own information and weapons system in orbit, or to compete for resources in the void via space mining.I am happy to answer your interesting questions.I feel it is an essential thing for the well-being of oursociety that students like yourselfunderstandpropaganda. 1. What interested you inpropagandarather than another subject? And relationships that depend too much on which side you support or even just not support enough are quite fragile. Now the scary part is when enough people follow a specific narrative where it starts to become "okay" to not treat people based on their ethnicity or medical choice And it'll probably get worse lol; even with the last few years bringing about even greater craziness in what you can and can't say Yeah, but quite some expect others to feel the same as them themselves. One of the major conflict potentials in human interactions is precisely when one side doesn't feel as much about the other person or about a specific matter as the other one I am not 100% immune to it, but because I do study in history field I am taught and I am studying on books which are soaked in propaganga from ancient times, middle-ages, napoleonic times, XIX-XXI century, so I do try to avoid propagandas and manipulation and not let them change my mind/view but it is impossible to avoid every single one of them.

That too. Also it's so stupid on how people can't have a spirited debate and discussion and exchange of ideas. Instead it has to be a who's right thing, defending one's point, while ignoring every thing the other person says. They shouldn't have taken down the Current Events thread. I find it fun. I mean if people are just gonna get mad at other viewpoints, then they shouldn't post on there. So much of our world was shaped bypropagandain one way or another. I am especially interested in the successful British campaign to bring Americans into World War II in the run-up to Pearl Harbor.That was the subject of my first book, and I remain impressed by the techniques used and the characters who took part.Evidence of effectiveness may be found in the continued admiration of Americans for the man at the heart of the campaign—Winston Churchill—and such elements of it asBBC News(although the skill of the BBC was to achieve theirpropagandaaims through use of credible facts and journalism). 7. How didpropagandainfluence the 20th century? So I was right years ago when I was mentioning in some thread (forgot about which) that that time would one where we would still have the illusion of freedom. Which would make the illusion become more visible as such I believe that an effective propagandist does not teach his or her audience something new, but rather tells them something they have always thought and connects it to a political action in a new way. Because you know/believe X you should vote for Y or shoot Z. This means that propagandacan sometimes be reassuring as it affirms existing ideas.Of course sometimes that idea is a negative, as withpropagandato encourage and enemy soldier to surrender because “defeat is inevitable.”That might include a reassuring element: “surrender and you will be well-treated; your enemy is asking you to surrender because he respects the brave way in which you have fought.”I see some of the most perniciouspropagandaas that which plays to the audience's sense of themself as a victim with a unique need to be compensated by the rest of the world.That is at the heart of the current wave of nationalistpropagandaaround the world.Even victors like the citizens of theUnited States are encouraged to think of themselves as losers whose way of life is endangered and must be defended from outsiders who seek to supplant them. 5. Do you believe that mostpropagandahas a negative intent?

The film draws amusing parallels between the pups’ antagonist, Mayor Humdinger, and another blond North American megalomaniac’ ... PAW Patrol: The Movie. Photograph: Landmark Media/Alamy From one to the next and totally obliviously at that, aren't you just adorable? Because given how bad the profit incentives of sensationalism present in conventional media is, state-funded and state-managed must clearly be superior.Oh well:

The film’s dismaying gender politics are in tune with the franchise’s gross rightwingery, which sees these privatised dog-Avenger types endlessly called upon to undo the failings of various functionaries. A sort of Ayn Randian objectivism prevails in the film, visible most queasily when Chase (the most cop-like of the lot, in his blue uniform and police car) is told that he was “born to be a hero”. The film draws amusing parallels between the pups’ antagonist, Mayor Humdinger, and another blond North American megalomaniac, right down to the grotesque tower that Trump – I mean, Humdinger – erects in his own honour. But the film’s own sensibility is not vastly different to Trumpian individualism, disdain for the state, and capitalist materialism – indeed, in the film the dogs have a new tower of their own, subsidised by selling merch, and come with gleaming luxury gadgets that make Liberty, the poorer dog, swoon with envy. Each of the major stories of the century can be understood in media/propagandaterms.East v. West,Communism v. Capitalism,Empire v. Independence,Segregation v. Civil Rights,sexism v. feminism,business v. environment.I see the study ofpropagandaas the necessary window on our times. 8. How does thepropaganda of today differ frompropaganda of the 20th century? Too much in recent years we've seen a cheering on of censorship, even if it's under a justification of censoring information that's wrong, it isn't right to do that. And it's not even about censoring information that's wrong to begin with, it's about censoring information that's critical and damaging. Yes, that's what the Red Scare was all about No, you are not being "extremely cautious," you ignore everything due to the so-called bias and cannot even fathom that your own sources are even more biased. People seem to think propaganda originates only from bad places like the Soviet Union or Nazi Germany, but we in America were adopting British propaganda techniques starting in the early 20th century. And propaganda doesn't just effect people's view of the world or their country, it effects relationships. The fact people would end their relationship with someone over supporting Trump is absolutely absurd. I completely agree with you. Also from the British came the extreme anti-German sentiments. Now people start to do pretty much the same thing towards Russians. It's like people have become too stupid to learn from history or they stay willfully ignorantAnd on your point about how people react to things when they are told to/told to feel things. Instead of doing it before. I completely agree. Russia's invasion of Ukraine is a perfect example. What's going on there is terrible, and people should be outraged and feel something. I'm not saying this applies to everyone, but for people who feel nothing when there's atrocities committed in the Middle East by the US and Israel. But now feel something; it's only because they're told to feel outraged. The image grew ubiquitous to the point where reinterpretations of it began spreading on Tumblr as well. For example, user TGGeko posted a drawing of a realistic cat with the phrase (shown below, left). User Fuliajulia created an edit in which the text was replaced with Bode (shown below, right). The best example which my promoter loves to give is that : What do you see when someone ask you how does a Druid look like? You would answer about the view from Panoramix in asterix and obelix movie or from video games right? So you would be surprised to know that a real historical druids (historical sourcers from roman empire times) were often walking in wild naked, were living on their own out of society, having "fun" with animals, doing very wild stuff and hardcore that even romans said that druids are "hardcore" including how romans were acting x), I do, which is why I focus of teaching and writing to promote public diplomacy as an alternative without the inherent unintended consequences or ethical problems. 10. Haspropagandabecome more or less important since the beginning of the 21st century? I grew up in the UK in the later 1960s and 1970sloving old movies and fascinated by history, especially World War II.I loved listening to the stories of my grandparents about the history that had happened around them.It soon became clear to me that the textbooks and coverage of history in public memory was not always the same as my grandparents' version and that certain distortions, which benefited those in power, were entering into the picture.Fifty years on, I am still studying this. I am not vain enough to assume that I am immune to propaganda, but rather I have learned to enjoy the ride and appreciate a truly manipulative documentary or propaganda film. I always tear-up at the end of the official U.S. government obituary for President Kennedy, for example. 2. Ispropagandaas prevalent today as it was during the 1900s?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment