276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Willies Cacao Hot Chocolate 250g, Pack of 6

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A fruit and nut chocolate bar with credibility by Willies chocolate. Created from single origin, Criollo cocoa from Peru, combined with plump rasins and whole, crisp hazelnuts. The final stage is cooling. Here are the lights changing in my spiral cooling tunnel. The heat is gradually removed so the chocolate shrinks and comes out of its mould easily. Finally, it is wrapped.

Willie's Cacao will be known to many people from the Channel 4 television series 'Willie's Wonky Chocolate Factory' which aired in the UK in 2008. This four part TV series followed Willie Harcourt-Cooze, married father of three, on his journey from dream to commercial reality. Filmed in a fly-on-the-wall style by Channel 4, the series documented Willies story from his love of Venezuela, which eventually led to him purchasing a 1000 acre Cacao farm, setting up his own Devon chocolate factory which culminated in him seeing his product on the shelves of a well known supermarket. A flavour filled, single origin chocolate bar bursting with summer fruits. Created from a mix of Trinitario, Forestero & Criollo cocoa beans from the world renowned Millot plantation in Madagascar. The most fruity bar by Willies chocolate. Approximately 50% of each cacao nib is cocoa butter.To make cocoa powder you need to remove some of this butter and I do this on a pair of antique cocoa butter presses. I make the chocolate exactly as I do for the bars then physically press the butter out of the conched 100% cacao. This leaves a cake that has to be milled into a powder and mixed with raw cane sugar to make Hot Chocolate. This pressing process leaves a cake that then has to be milled into a powder and mixed with raw cane sugar to make my Medellin Luxury Hot Chocolate.

Rewards For Life

The only ingredients in my dark chocolate are cacao, raw cane sugar and little natural cacao butter. While the beginning of this process is all the better for the old methods, when it comes totempering and depositing, modern machines are invaluable as they give you complete control and consistency.Roasting and conching are more of an art – you need a feel for them – this is more of a science. Milk or Water? It’s entirely up to you, I use water, so did the Aztecs. There’s already enough smooth and creamy cocoa butter to make a really wonderful hot chocolate but you can try it with milk, dairy or plant-based, and decide your own favourite. So, I can say that Hot Chocolate really is something very close to my heart! But it’s not just me, hot chocolate evokes precious childhood memories for so many of us doesn’t it! Warming up and getting cosy after wild winter days playing outside in the cold. To do this I had to control every step from the bean to the bar. I ended up choosing machines and designing a process that takes about 3 weeks to make my chocolate, when industrial chocolate is made in just a few hours. That is the lengths I have gone in my quest to make the best chocolate in the world.

Tempering also prevents bloom, which is when the butter and solids separate and the chocolate looks white and tastes grainy. This won’t hurt you in any way, but it is not nice to eat.Created from fine flavour cocoas by WIllies chocolate from the island of Java in Indonesia providing a dark chocolate with soft caramel and mouthwatering berry notes. The next obvious step for Willie was to create a line of chocolate bars, including ingredients such as sugar (the essential ingredient to turn Cacao into chocolate) and flavourings with the intention to appeal to a wider UK audience and in 2008 the TV show was recommissioned for a second series, 'Willies chocolate revolution: raising the bar'. This was aired by Channel 4 in 2009. This range of Willie's chocolate bars now includes single milk, dark and white chocolate bars made from single origin cocoa and including natural flavourings. Every step of the way from bean to bar I concentrate on flavourand that does not change in the factory. The old original machines thatI’ve sourced, may be smaller and slower than today’s modern machines – which are made for speed and commercial profitability – but they capture the subtle notes and unique flavours of our cacao in a way modern machines are unable to. Actually one of the best ways of telling if a chocolate is good is by looking at the ingredient list. If you can see vanilla, it is there to cover up the fact that the beans are not good. It creates an overall “house” taste but in my chocolate it would cover up all the precious flavour notes. If you see lecithin it is because it has been made in an industrial continuous production process. Willie's plantation was planted with 50,000 trees of the Criollo cultivar. The Criollo is one of the best quality cocoa types available, producing lower yields than many other cultivars but offering so much more flavour. It is also one of the least robust cultivars and so one of many reasons for its higher price when used for making chocolate.

This single origin, dark chocolate bar by Willies chocolate is made from Trinitario cocoa beans from Venezuela. The beans from this region are full of flavour with complex coffee and nut notes. Milk or Water? It’s entirely up to you, I use water, so did the Aztecs. There’s already enough smooth and creamy cocoa butter to make a really wonderful hot chocolate but you can try it with a plant-based dairy alternative, and decide your own favourite. The tempering machine warms and cools the cacao mass to precise temperatures so that the butterand the solids set together perfectly, before being placed into the mould. This is what creates the beautiful shine on the chocolate and the SNAP when you break the bar. You can temper on a small scale at homeif you want to coat truffles with chocolate or make chocolate cases for desserts. I owe debts to a great many chocolate romantics who have helped me accumulate my beautiful old chocolate making machines. Now in fact I have many more machines than I actually use, but they will all have their day.Again – Froth It! The Aztecs knew it, and you do too… with Aztec-style hot chocolate when you use just water and perhaps a little sugar, you’ll get a lighter froth than with milk, frothing is wonderful and necessary.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment