276°
Posted 20 hours ago

How to Catch a Dragon

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I really don't know how to feel about How to Catch a Dragon by Adam Wallace and illustrated by Andy Elkerton. The How to Catch kids are off again, this time trying to catch a dragon as they chase him through Chinese New Year celebrations! The illustrations were colourful and great the way the dragon always evaded them, always just out of frame. This would be a very nice addition to any storytime selection of books, and most definitely to a library's collection. I don't really care if the last words rhyme or not; when the meter is this clumsy, it's difficult to read.

I only know for sure because I asked someone but a simple heading or footnote stating that it is a 'Mandarin translation' would have been helpful. The Girl who Planted Trees won Teach Early Years Best Picture Book Award, 2022 and was chosen as one of the best books of 2022 by the U. Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item.I enjoyed the hints at other dragon books, the inclusion of many different colored characters and the fun way to teach children about Chinese New Year. I received an ARC of this title from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. I understand I can change my preference through my account settings or unsubscribe directly from any marketing communications at any time. I was a bit confused with the Mandarin characters that were randomly given because there weren't any explanations or even ways to pronounce them. Read more about the condition New: A new, unread, unused book in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages.

With adventure around every corner, and core values of friendship, kindness and imaginative play, the Albie stories make great bedtime stories and support early years education too! Set in China during the Spring Festival, otherwise known as Chinese New Year, the wily dragon will have to avoid trap after trap as the kids run through paper lanterns, red envelopes, fireworks, and more! The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. In this one, the story centers on kids trying to catch the Chinese New Year's dragon and learning that family and friends stick with one another through thick and thin. Each page has a word in English that is highlighted, and in the illsutration on the page, the corresponding Chinese character is drawn.

Those of you wanting to use it for educational purposes may like that it has several Chinese words in the back with definition and that it explains some of the holiday.

The boy overhears his mother saying that a dragon would bring health and fortune, so he sets out with a group of friends to capture a dragon. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others.I wouldn’t necessarily pick this as the only Chinese New Year picture book to read as I think some others summarize the main traditional parts of the celebration better, but if you are reading several you might want to consider adding this to the mix.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment