276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Blossom Hill Zinfandel Rose Sparkling Wine, 75cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Look for Cava rosat from Spain, Brachetto d’Acqui from Italy and Australian and New Zealand sparkling rosé. The Classic range – this is the range that made Blossom Hill famous, with its feminine, flowery label. Here you will find a ‘fresh and juicy’ white, a ‘crisp and fruity white’, a ‘crisp and fruity’, and a ‘soft and fruity’ red. Medium sweet Grenache Rose and White Zinfandel complete the range. Pair more robust vintage rosé Champagnes with richer, fattier foods like lobster, crab, Italian ham, lamb, rabbit, grouse, pigeon and pheasant. Vintage rosé champagne also goes great with ripe red berries. Stay at Chateau La Coste

Sweet sparkling rosé wines, like Brachetto d’Acqui, pair with cakes and tarts and are perfect for serving with afternoon tea. They also pair well with berries, almonds and chocolate. Light off-dry rosé wines are versatile and pair wonderfully with white meats, lightly spiced dishes and barbeque foods. They also match well with Lebanese, Greek and Turkish cuisine. Last month I was invited to a rosé wine and food matching dinner with Chateau la Costein the very cool Roberta’s Restaurant in Dublin City centre.Chateau la Coste is an organic winemaker and vineyard situated in Provence in France. Chateau la Coste adheres to biodynamic principles and in 2009 its wines were given the French organic label “AB” in recognition of the respect shown to the land along with the methods used which are in perfect harmony with nature.If you enjoyed this Rosé Wine and Food Pairing Guide, you may also like my Spanish Food and Wine Pairing Guide. Blossom Hill was set up as a tiny wine company in 1992, the brainchild of founder Carol Thorup. Twenty years on, it’s the number one brand in the UK, and exported all over the world. The brand was created to appeal to people who drink and enjoy wine, as part of their every day lives, rather than trying to appeal to the wine writers and wine experts. So Carol and her team embarked on a vast amount of research and interviews, with wine consumers to find out what they wanted from a glass of wine... flavour, taste and enjoyment were the answers... and thus Blossom Hill was born!

Winemakers’ Selection – this is a range of varietal wines, which are full of ripe, fruity flavours and a little more depth than the previous ranges – zesty Sauvignon Blanc, peachy Pinot Grigio, and a creamy, fruity Chardonnay; add to this a gently fruity sparkling Pinot blush – and finally a mellow Merlot and a rounded Cabernet Sauvignon. Simply the biggest brand in the UK! Blossom Hill was created only 20 years ago, and has become the darling of the wine drinking public, with its distinctive floral label, and easy-drinking, fruity styles. Californian wines have taken the UK by storm over the last 15 years, with their fruity styles, and have now overtaken France to take 2nd place behind Australia, in terms of sales. Look for rosé wines from other areas of Loire, particular Anjou and from Portugal too as these have a touch of sweetness. There’s a wide range of Blossom Hill wines to fit this easy-drinking, relaxed enjoyment idea of wine, and the brand have recently added a couple of new wines to the range with the launch of Blossom Hill Vie, a 5.5% lower alcohol range.So, what did you think of my rosé wine guide? Did you find it useful or helpful at all? Did I leave anything out? If so, let me know in the comments below. I love hearing from you. Look for Syrah and Cabernet rosé wines from California and Chile as well as from the Barossa Valley and McLaren Vale in Australia, which deliver uncompromising full-bodied wines. Look out for rosé wines from Provence in France as most of these are light and dry. So too are Pinot Noir based rosés from Burgundy and the Loire Valley. Also look out for Italian Bardolino Chiaretto. We drank three organic wines – two organic rosé wines and an organic sparkling rosé wine. We learned all about rosé wine and food matching. And now I am going to pass that knowledge onto you.

We paired Chateau la Coste, Grand Vin Rosé, 2014 with fresh pasta, slow cooked squash, crumbled goats cheese and pine nuts. The other pairing was crayfish salad with ruby red grapefruit, lemon, avocado purée, red chicory and apple frisée. Elegant, fruity rosé wine food pairing Fruity but not tannic, these full-bodied rosé wines match perfectly with barbecue food and spicy food like Indian curries and Thai noodle dishes. They also pair well with antipasto and grilled peach salads. Sparkling rosé wine food pairing We paired Chateau la Coste, La Bulle sparkling rosé wine with a dessert of strawberry semifreddo, strawberry compote, fizzy strawberries, merengue and basil. But this sparkling rosé wine would also make a lovely aperitif. Rosé Champagne food pairing Vineyard collection – labelled ‘aromatic and delicate’, it’s a refreshing, light, and soft white. The similarly labelled ‘aromatic and smooth red’, does what is says on the label – it’s soft, smooth and has flavours of berries.These rosé wine food matching tips aren’t specific to Chateau la Coste wines, they apply to all rosé wines. I will list the Chateau la Coste wines and some other rosé wines that I enjoy drinking and I’ll let you know with which foods they pair well. Rosé wine food pairing guide Light dry rosé wine food pairing

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment