276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Evolve Evolve Satin Wide Edge Bonnet Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While just the feeling after putting on a soft silk or satin bonnet before you climb into bed is already quite alluring, there are several other compelling reasons why a bonnet should be your best friend. Bonnets for natural hair are typically worn at night, so it’s vital you choose one that fits well and will stay in place. This means they need to be tight enough to fit your head without coming off if you twist and turn. You’ll also want a comfortable one that doesn’t dig into your head. One great alternative is to choose an adjustable bonnet for natural hair. Many adjustable bonnets come with a drawstring or tie feature to help keep hair in place, like the Glow by Daye Satin Bonnet.

One of the standout features of this bonnet is its secure and comfortable fit. The elastic band keeps it in place throughout the night, ensuring that my hair remains protected while I sleep. The lightweight and breathable design allow for a restful slumber without causing discomfort. Both these fabrics achieve the same thing as they are kind to your hair. There are, however, many budget-friendly options available that do the job without breaking the bank. When you want to save but still have a bit of a spoil, satin is the way to go as it is considerably more affordable. Silk is a more premium textile so it will cost more, but splurge if you’re in the mood for a little more luxury. Hair caps made of both silk and satin will do a great job protecting your spirals, so seek out those materials. Here are a few key differences between them to know:A bonnet also serves as a great protectant and helps prevent split ends and breakage. Tossing and turning, especially against a cotton pillowcase, leads to friction that makes for a frizzy start to the day. 3. Make that hairstyle last Like pillowcase fabric, the material of your bonnet for natural hair is essential for results. Anything too rough will defeat the purpose of wearing one. A bonnet made of 100 percent mulberry silk will be top-notch since it is very fine and smooth so that you won't end up with frizz or breakage. The best material is silk, but satin will also work well, like the Pattern Satin Cap. Just make sure that it is real satin made with synthetic materials and not sateen, a cotton-weave often used in pillowcases and bedding. You will want to look for a bonnet for natural hair that will hold all of your hair. If you have a lot of heavy hair, look for a large, long bonnet. If you have shorter hair, a long bonnet might get caught and be pulled off of your head, so choose a smaller size that suits you.

Silk is a fiber made by the bombyx mori moth. "Real silk feels much more luxurious and has built-in temperature regulation properties so it’s overall more comfortable," says Lexie Sachs, Good Housekeeping Institute Textiles Director. Have you seen some brands saying their products are made of Mulberry silk? That means that moths have only been fed Mulberry leaves. "This type of silk is considered the highest quality, but not all silk fabrics are Mulberry silk," says Sachs. If you want a natural and more luxe fiber, silk is your best bet.When you have a new hairstyle like braids or an up-do, bonnets do a great job of protecting them. They give youmore volume for elaborate hairdos and curls and help keep them more bouncy, fresh and healthy for longer. Wearing a bonnet will also save you some valuable time in the morning because your hairstyle will require far less fussing. Silk or satin? The effectiveness of this satin bonnet is remarkable. Its smooth and gentle material helps to reduce friction and prevent tangles, allowing my curly hair to retain its natural shape and bounce. I wake up each morning with significantly less frizz and fewer knots, saving precious time during my haircare routine. When it comes to styles, we've come a long way since the bonnets our mothers and grandmothers used to wear. Today's iteration of silky scarves and head wraps accessorize and protect hair, making room for style and function to live in the same place. Growing up, I was super embarrassed to protect my textured hair at night around friends, sacrificing a good hair day for the sake of "fitting in" at sleepovers. But gone are the days of hiding my bonnet in my top drawer with shame. (I mean, have you seen those cute mommy and me bonnet selfies floating around your feed?) Ladies, let’s make our bonnets something to be proud of with selections worth showing off. With this in mind, we went to work, finding bonnets that were stylish and functional. We conducted hours of research, evaluating the bonnets on this list on their material, color selection, sizing, and overall quality.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment