276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Samson C01U Pro - USB Studio Condenser Microphone with a Headphone Output for Zero-Latency Monitoring - Silver

£54.5£109.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The mic comes with a desk tripod and swivel mount. So you can set it up on a desk in front of you. It also comes with the USB cable to connect to your computer. I did this comparison on both a male and a female voice. Voiceover recorded on Samson Q2U (male voice) Voiceover recorded on Samson Q2U (female voice) What else?

USB Microphone very low sound output in Windows 10 USB Microphone very low sound output in Windows 10

Services Guitar Workshop Electronic Repairs Workshop Music Store Events & Workshops Piano Showroom Music Lessons Recording StudioIt would be a bit difficult to attach a pop filter to the included desk tripod. So I highly recommend using a boom microphone stand. Not only will that allow you to easily attach a pop-filter, it will also allow you to maneuver the mic so that it is conveniently close to your mouth, which helps to improve audio quality (reduces room echo). First, I wanted to compare the noise levels between the original C01U and the new Pro. So below are samples of JUST noise. Listen in headphones to get the full effect. Just noise from Original C01U Just noise from C01U Pro A new mic from Samson offers true capacitor design and multi-pattern operation at an extremely affordable price. You can support Stu here. Your donations go directly into savings for future improvements to the blog and channel. If you didn’t push the “Allow” button, you can get the “Allow” button to reappear by re-installing the software.

Support | Samson Support | Samson

From reading on forums, other people are recording at 40% and getting good recordings. Also many forum posts mention that they had this problem on Windows 8 and above but not on Windows 7. Unforunately, I don't have a Win 7 machine to test it on.Samson CO1U Pro. This is an updated version of the mic and improves on a lot of the shortcomings of the CO1UCW as mentioned above. yo lo tengo y lo e utilizado para streams y grabaciones y me ha servido de maravilla tiene una ecualizacion con el blue voice ademas en ghub puedes instalar mas presets As you can see from the graph, the on-axis response is commendably flat, with a gentle rise of around 3–4 dB at 10 kHz—this gives the mic a nice sense of detail on voices and instruments (like acoustic guitar), and is inline with the response of most vocal condensers. Directionality is as advertised, and the mic did a good job of rejecting room noise. The USB connection Combining the convenience of digital and analog audio recording in one dynamic microphone, the Q2U USB/XLR Handheld Microphone. Even once you close this panel, you can keep an eye on signal levels via a two-color LED on the front of the mic itself, which lights up green for power, and red to indicate clipping.

Download Samson Sound Deck Software How to Download Samson Sound Deck Software

I just installed two pieces of software (Equalizer APO and the Peace GUI), and it solved my low volume problem! Sadly, upon reading on the matter, you are correct, Gesu__ and there also are seemingly no easy solutions.But a USB mic needs none of that. All of that stuff is inside the mic. And the power comes from the USB connection. You just plug the mic directly into your computer and you’re ready to record. Size. The Yeti looks sort of like a mini spaceship, while the CO1U resembles that of a normal microphone. Lol. Some criticize the Yeti’s size, being that it’s ginormous and takes up a lot of room on your desk (it’s about a foot tall). The C01U Pro is a high-quality USB condenser mic, and despite its budget price, it delivers the goods—and not only for voice recordings. While it may not be a replacement for your favorite Neumann, it provides excellent sound, and a high degree of convenience, to boot. The Specs

Samson C01U - Sound On Sound Samson C01U - Sound On Sound

I'm using it on Windows 10, and it works fantastically for use in my Twitch stream, on Discord, and for recording vocals and guitar in Cubase. I have it hanging above my monitor and I often get comments on how good my audio is. Photo: Mark EwingThe quoted input noise is a reasonable, but by no means exceptional, 23dBA EIN, and in normal project-studio applications is certainly low enough to be considered negligible. At 10mV/Pa, the sensitivity is roughly comparable with many other studio capacitor mics, possibly just a decibel or two less, and the frequency curve is nominally flat for all patterns, with the exception of a gentle presence peak centred at around 7kHz. With the pad switched in, the mic can put up with SPLs of up to 142dB without flinching, and the specified frequency response is from 40Hz to 18kHz at the -3dB points. A switch on the rear of the mic allows selection between supercardioid, omni, and figure-of-eight polar patterns. Photo: Mark Ewing

My mic is old fashioned plug into 3.5mm input type that can as far as I can hear, produce decent volume at 50% without boost. Finally, it has some compatibility issues as well, and the Cakewalk software isn’t very intuitive. Most everyone said just use Audacity. One reviewer said it best, there is the Windows camp that loves this mic, and the Mac users who hate it. In a nutshell: Although unashamedly entry-level, the C01U is quiet and clean enough to record vocals and instruments to a very acceptable standard, provided that they are close-miked, and its performance is well above that of any multimedia mics I've tested. As far as I can tell, the subjective performance of this mic is essentially the same as that of its wired counterpart, and that model has sold well for Samson. The digital noise issue will be a concern if you have a G5 tower-based studio system, but it could be argued that anyone with such a deluxe computer should be looking for a more sophisticated mic anyway! I also tried it on acoustic guitar (Audio Example 2), where it again did a nice job of capturing detail, with very little coloration. If you want the simplest possible computer recording setup, it doesn't come much more straightforward than this: a mic that plugs straight into your Mac or PC's USB ports.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment