276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Merrell Men's Mqm Flex 2 GTX Track Shoe

£44.995£89.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

version use an InvisibleFit Gore-Tex with a single piece of seamless material providing wraparound waterproofing. As an avid runner, I’m accustomed to replacing my footwear every three months or so anyway, so this wasn’t ever a concern on my end. On one hand, the shoe is light and makes it easy to put on miles, but we experienced some concerning durability issues with the revamped outsole.

Merrell MQM Flex 2 GTX hiking shoe review | T3

It has a longer-lasting yet similar-performing outsole, and it's more comfortable and cushioned underfoot for long hikes and backpacking trips. That ‘Quantum grip’ outsole isn’t just for show, providing plenty of grip, especially in sketchier mud-style conditions, but also doing a sound job in drier and more pleasant surroundings. In fact, the pleasing fit, grippy outsole, and waterproof GORE-TEX liner blend together seamlessly into what I would consider one of the best shoes for wet-weather day hikes in the Northeast and beyond. As we mentioned above, the Salomon undercuts the Merrell by around 4 ounces per pair, which gave the shoe a noticeably light and nimble feel on the trail.

If your trails aren’t especially rough—the North Cascades do have a reputation for being hard on lightweight footwear—this may not be an issue. Taken together, the MQM isn’t an ultralight standout, but it’s undoubtedly light and easy to manage on the trail.

MQM Flex GTX | Merrell MQM Flex GTX | Merrell

The length and width were great for hiking and running in the heat, but it didn’t feel sloppy or unstable on uneven terrain. In addition to leading wildlife and rafting trips in the Pine Tree State, he is a guide and instructor for Andrew Skurka's backpacking trips and Plan Like a Pro course.The heel cup is fairly solid, which helps keep ankle rolls to a minimum, but it doesn’t have the wide footprint or planted feel of a shoe like the Moab 2. Even the air-cushioned heel maintained its noticeable firmness that didn’t feel mushy under a heavier pack. When I was running downhill with a few other ladies, everyone else slowed down as they were nervous about slipping, but I felt in full control with every step on wet grass, rocks, and mud. My biggest knock on these trail running shoes is that they tend to run a bit larger than I would like. The Merrell gets the slight edge in weight, and it’s also easier to run in with its more flexible construction and lower ankle height.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment