276°
Posted 20 hours ago

M is for Mummy

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When he looked up from the sink, his kidnapper was staring at him. The expectant, eyebrow lifted gaze was more irritating than anything, but John was well accustomed to living with irritation. None of us have endless wells of energy. We all hit walls (of exhaustion or burnout or overwhelm) during certain seasons. Sometimes, it can be hard to know where our limited resources are best spent in particularly busy periods. Her voice was weak, but gruff, deeper than he’d expected and accompanied by the sharp stare of a pair of pale eyes. She watched him with the glaze of sedation and the acuity of someone with power.

M Is For Mummy is a terrific book readers will want to tell all their friends and family about. Funny, feel-good and fabulous, M Is For Mummy is a charming tale full of moments that will have readers roaring with laughter and others that will have them reaching for the tissues. My youngest son, Dr. Watson. A menace, it seems, despite previously not indicating the tendencies his brothers have expressed.” John let the tension flow out of his muscles, this kidnapping being quite exhausting so far, and concentrated on not getting dizzy as the walls flashed by the windows of the car. I get it, the "mummyhood is hard so let's have a laugh about it" genre sells well and why mess with a winning formula? Dare I say it though - it's starting to feel stale to me. I don't need "jokes" about unflushable poo, I'm not five years old. He was led, the man directing only with short gestures of the gun barrel, towards a door that opened onto a familiar sight - the frantic busy aspect of medical professionals outside an operating room.Their odd little group spread out around the room and John went for the windows. Staring out over the grounds, he wondered exactly why he was so determined to remain with them. He could have started over, gotten away from all this. We are delighted to publish an extract from Bridgend-based Katy Cox’s debut novel, based on her own experiences of motherhood. It started with a fart. Not any ordinary fart, but a fart with purpose. A fart that was to change our lives forever.

The reveals that came later on were unsurprising, and it felt that they were staring Lucy in the face before she came to discover each reveal. The end of the book was done well I thought, no spoilers here, but it wasn't too saccharine and neat, and as a reader I felt satisfied with the ending.This is not a bad book, far from it, but it does follow a tried and tested formula which left me feeling like I'd read it at least a dozen times before. There were a couple of points in the book that I struggled with, the church faeces scene cringed me out, and I was a little uncomfortable reading that, as well as calling the more petite woman at the slimming class “skinnies” but other than that this book is a fantastic read and I would definitely recommend it to others, those that are parents and even those that want to become parents, because believe me being a parent is not all sunshine and rainbows, and I love the fact that the author includes the lows of family life, especially with a child with ASD, ad unfortunately there are still individuals out there who cannot comprehend the idea of ASD and just accuse young children of having tantrums, and I like the fact that the author approached this issue in the book in a more productive manner. John kept his face blank. He’d been fairly confident that Mycroft was going to get him out of this… but this was hardly what he’d expected. Miracle weighs three pounds. She's gonna' have to stay in the hospital until she is at least six pounds." The sweet nurse explained. He wasn’t an officer. Unless you’re now taking applicants with cyanotic lesions and active addiction problems.”

The Bible makes it clear that it is God’s will for us to practice continual thankfulness, and yet it also gives us lots of room for grief and sadness when life is so hard. Cox has given us a relatable family story that is endearing and one that you can’t help but root for, and one in whose company, you imagine, you could very much enjoy spending a few hours.You don’t have enough subterfuge in your daily life, you have to take it in at the movies as well?” John asked Mycroft. From the first chapter Cox has captured your attention with a fast-paced comedy that will have you laughing out loud, just like I was. Hardly,” he drawled. “I don’t consider this a joking matter,” the Quartermaster continued with the lift of an eyebrow. This book makes you feel you are talking to a sincere fellow parent. Because Cox is. She is the real-life M for Mummy. Based on author Katy Cox’s life as a professional cellist, mother of two boys and her experience of neurodivergence.

Both men leaned forward for the next line. On screen, Judi delivered it perfectly: “If I wanted sarcasm, I would talk to my children.” It is also though a look at parenthood when one of your children is clearly a bit different from the average child. It was fairly obvious to me what the diagnosis would be for Stan, but he is just a loveable boy, and Lucy is doing her best to understand him, that he really is just Stanley.

I walked up to the nursery and saw all of the brand new babies that were either sleeping or crying. Cox has done an excellent job making it feel that it's alright to say, 'The mental load is so overwhelming that I fail to articulate a response.' And parenthood can and does do that to you. The emotional weight that doesn't get the chance to breathe. I will take this message and say I need a moment because sometimes you do. Parenting is hard, oh I know and not just because you are likely to be nodding in agreement with me. Straightening, the Quartermaster continued, “And I can assure you, his actions in combat are well outside of your jurisdiction. Now, you will release Dr. Watson and we shall be leaving immediately.” The sharp series of raps on the exterior door had him falling into silence. With a serious air of frustration, the man exited the room. But when he opened the exterior door, John truly relaxed.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment