276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Logitech MX518 Optical Gaming Mouse

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Although MX 518 does not use safe shape, and some people will dislike it because of it, it’s shape over time will imprint so much on you, that you will look for it in other mice.

This actually isn't a hardware issue, it's a software issue. I've used this mouse for a long time and it's worked great. I recently bought a second one (so I'd have one to travel with) and installed the latest drivers. Big mistake - ran into the crazy possessed over-sensitive scrolling issues described here. From the Logitech Forums, I found this solution: If you’ve ever used the original Logitech G MX518 then you have a good idea what to expect here. In my product briefing before this review, Logitech shared that they dusted off many of the same tools for the manufacturing process as they did when it was originally made. As a result, the mouse is shaped exactly the same and feels extremely close to the original, if a bit lighter.I mean that or you will need to clean it more intensively, or you will need to get a new one. Because it is most likely due to the mouse wheel sensors being dirty, or simply "tired". While it's not overburdened with a ton of excess features (that would've surely ballooned the price if not the weight and size of the unit), the MX518 does come with some thoughtful conveniences to streamline your experience. It's got onboard storage for up to five profiles, so if you're sharing it with other people who prefer different settings it's a cinch to switch between them, and it'll remember your preferences if you move to a different device. It could be little bit lighter but I don’t feel it’s a heavy mouse. It has enough weight for precise movement, but not much to be annoying and it’s perfectly balanced. New vs Old I put the MX518 Legendary through its paces in a handful of first person shooters to test its accuracy in the heat of battle. I was also curious how much utility I could pull from remapping the DPI selection buttons. The first game I tested was Apex Legends. It’s become my go-to in-and-out shooter and the controls feel like second nature to me with my daily driver Logitech G Pro.

Side buttons are better than in old MX 518, but their position is not perfect and some other mice have them more upward which seems to be better solution. It’s 131 mm in length, 70 mm in width and 44 mm in height. Weight around 100 grams. That makes it 10 grams less than the original MX 518 and those 10 grams can be felt in daily usage. Now, I’m not going to suggest that everyone should start using a mouse the way I do, because the traditional method is far more ergonomically sound. I know this for a fact since I suffered from a terrible bout of RSI induced tendonitis last year – a direct result of how I use a mouse. So now, I try to use a mouse like “normal” people when navigating Windows, but I still can’t change my ways when it comes to gaming.Thanks for reminding me about this question by replying to it. It's my fault not providing the answer, which I had indeed found. The scroll wheel has a light sensor on one side and a lens emitting a ray on the other. the light goes through tiny holes on the wheel from one side to the other and the sensor reads the intervals to make the scroll go. title=More%20Expert%20Tech%20Roundups&type=articles%2Cvideos&tags=tech-roundup&count=6&columnCount=6&theme=article Considering the numbers in which original models are sold, and that people are usually nostalgic Logitech decided to modernize hardware of MX518 and rerelease it as MX518 G Legendary. If you’ve used a Logitech G peripheral in the last year, you’ll feel right at home programming the MX518 Legendary. Inside G Hub, you can remap any of the mouse’s eight buttons, assign macros and Windows shortcuts, and adjust your DPI settings. Thanks to a modest amount of onboard memory, your settings can be saved to any of the mouse’s five profiles and changed on-the-fly. You’re also able to set G Hub to automatically swap profiles as you launch different games, which is a handy feature to make sure your custom mappings are always ready, and frees up the profile button to be remapped to another function.

For the better understanding of strong and weak points of Logitech G MX 518 I divided this review in a couple of logical parts… Let’s begin. Size and Shape Steps can be configured in the range of 100 till 16000 CPI with the precision of 50 CPI. Polling rate is by default 1000 Hz but it can be adjusted to any of the following: 125 Hz, 250 Hz, 500 Hz and 1000 Hz. Software is very basic. Logitech G Hub allows you to reconfigure any button on the mouse or assign it macro commands. The programming is easy and the software is useful. I was able to create profiles for each of the games I tested, though the automatic profile switching did glitch out once or twice and fail to switch. Logitech G MX518 Legendary – GamingFeet are exactly same as on the original MX 518. Material is PTFE. Out of the box these are smooth and you will not need replacement, however judging by the experience with old MX 518 these will fail after 3-5 years and you will either replace them with better after market solution or simply continue without them. Wireless keyboards and mice have become more popular than ever, partly because the prices have dropped considerably, but also because they are far more reliable than they used to be. However, for me, a wireless mouse is just not good enough for gaming – I can always feel a slight lag when playing with a wireless mouse, and once again, this could be the difference between living and dying; or more importantly, gloating or sulking. The link to the support is here. However, it seems that their mail support is currently being moved, and is unavailable until the 21st of september. You can still call them, though.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment