276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Power vs. Force: The Hidden Determinants of Human Behaviour

£6.395£12.79Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Jeremy went to the laundry room in the huge apartment complex he lived in, and someone had left a book in there. It caught his eye. Shortly after this my phone rang. It was Jeremy, and what he said was basically “OMG, I found this crazy book in the laundry room, and it’s blowing my mind! YOU HAVE TO READ THIS!” Man's issue has always been that he has mistaken his own intellectual constructs for reality but they are merely an arbitrary point of view

p. 226) "When we come to know the powerful men of the world, captains of industry, presidents of banks, Nobel Prize winners, and members of legendary American families, it is striking to see how many are open, warm, sincere, and view success as a responsibility, noblesse oblige. These are truly successful people, notably courteous and considerate to all; whether visiting potentates or talking to servants, they treat everyone as an equal."So, there are identifiable factors behind the behavior of people like my mom. There are actual energetic states behind my own experiences and subjective perceptions of the world. And, samesies for all of the other thoughts, opinions, beliefs, and behaviors that we see expressed in the world around us. To top it all off, he makes a bizarre scientific claim with absolutely no evidence re endorphins (there is no footnote).

This book focuses on the deciphering what is true and what is false through applied kinesiology. I must admit it seems absolutely unscientific, the technique itself is very controversial. Through applied kinesiology the author has formulated a ladder of consciousness 0 - 1000. Lower levels of human consciousness register below 200, while levels of consciousness such as unconditional love register around 500. Those who reach enlightenment register between 700 and 1000 - which according to author very few ever reach this level. Think of this level as the development of willpower and self-discipline. These people are the “troopers” of society; they get things done well and don’t complain much. If you’re in school, then you’re a really good student; you take your studies seriously and put in the time to do a good job. This is the point where your consciousness becomes more organized and disciplined. Acceptance Forces cause acceleration (a change in velocity). The standard unit of force was named after Isaac Newton to celebrate his 2nd law, which states, “the acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the force applied...” 1 newton is the amount of forced required to accelerate a mass of 1 kilogram at a rate of 1 meter per second. particularly timely . . . a significant contribution to understanding and dealing with the problems we face today." — Lee Iacocca

I became fascinated with this phenomenon when I was a teenager. I used to dread going out in public with my mother. She never left home without a huge chip on her shoulder, and she was always on the lookout for someone to share her chip with. We’d go to the mall, or to Target, or to get groceries, and if someone did anything at all that she found offensive she’d just unload a firehose of venom on them. The trigger could be the “wrong” tone of voice in how a salesperson spoke to her; or because someone was standing to close to her in line; or when a stranger looked at me sideways because I was This is an excellent book that speaks of the difference between power and force. Power is quiet and requires no explanation. Force is coercive and creates an automatic counterforce. Once I became aware of the distinction between power and force, it had a huge impact on me and my relationships. I could not have been effective as a businessperson, wife or mother if I had continued to operate from a force-based paradigm.

The most successful and enduring companies align with attractor forces and have heart. They may take actions which don't make pure economic or rational sense but give them a huge competitive advantage because employees love working there and customers love their product or service Desire – Not to be confused with setting and achieving goals, this is the level of addiction, craving, and lust — for money, approval, power, fame, etc. Consumerism. Materialism. This is the level of smoking and drinking and doing drugs. Reason – At this level you transcend the emotional aspects oThe activity in your consciousness definitely has corresponding physical events (e.g., neurons fire, chemicals are released), but those physical events are not the source of the thoughts you experience. They’re a physical effect and corollary of an energetic event that’s happening within the field of consciousness. It’s an interesting paradigm. If you read the book, it’s also fairly easy to figure out where you fall on this hierarchy based on your current life situation. Power serves others, whereas force is self-serving. True statesmen serve the people;10 politicians exploit people to serve their own ambitions. Statesmen sacrifice themselves to serve others; politicians sacrifice others to serve themselves.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment