276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kuretake ZIG GANSAI TAMBI watercolor set (36 Colour Set)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I bought this set after making a mistake. In an earlier video review on my Youtube channel, I had referred to my Kissho Gansai set as a Kuretake set. That's wrong of course. These are two different brands but their Gansai products are quite similar. Anyway, Kuretake is the more well known brand. The hardest part is determining the color names. The list provided by manufacturer is minimal, at best. I spent time comparing my paint samples (on Strathmore 140 lb pad, whiter than Arches) with several watercolor and color books I own. These swatches above are from the Kissho Gansai set. The distinguishing difference is for Kissho, there's a tendency for the colours to dry with a hard edge. Hence you have to be more careful when using Kissho especially if you desire a flat wash. You can create flat washes much easier with Kuretake. On the left is the full pan. It's gigantic. The middle's the Gansai half pan and the right is the more common half pan. Note that the Gansai pans are not filled to the brim. So a half Gansai pan actually contains, probably, the same amount of paint as those common half pans. When you used up the Gansai pan, you can obviously fill it up to the brim with your tube paints. That's exactly what I'm going to do to save me the trouble of finding Gansai replacement pans.

What do I mean by “lift”? Simply put, when you put a wet brush onto the surface of the watercolor, how much pigment gets lifted off the surface, onto your brush? Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors lift great. That means there is plenty of pigment on your brush with little effort to get it there. No scrubbing your brush on the surface trying to get extra pigment and no adding layer upon layer of color, just to get any joy out of the vibrancy your project has. Flexible Techniques] Paints do not leave hard edges when dry, making flat-washes easy to accomplish, and are easy to layer with proper technique.Brush Dexterity] Gansai Tambi Pans are much larger than typical watercolor pans, giving you the ability to use both small or large brushes quite easily. Thank you for this review. I also use Kuretake Gansai and I love them! I am in the process of learning watercolors and I really like that there are so many colors in the set (I have the 36 pans set). What I like about the paints is also the size of the pans itself – they are big enough for large size brushes, without getting paint in the neighboring pans.

By the way, I appreciate your call to be an artist for God. It’s always a joy to find fellow Christian artists out there 🙂The soft nylon brush tip of Clean Color Real Brush allows for a wide range of brush strokes from broad to extra fine. The colors can be blended like watercolors in a palette when used with a water brush. Available below in 7 sets: Set of 4, 6, 12, 24, 36, 48 and 60. The Kuretake Gansai Tambi comes in different box sets. These are actually cardboard boxes and they are usually sold with full pans inside. The boxes come with 12, 24, 36 and 72 colours. Individual pans are sold separately but can be difficult to find.

I have used these beautiful Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors in several videos. English names for Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolorIf you're struggling with colors mixing together and muddling, make sure you fully allow each one to fully dry between layers and in places where they touch (a heat embossing gun is very helpful to speed along this process if watching paint dry is as boring for you as it is for me) Hi Rebekah! Thanks so much for this post. Just wondering how much a set like this costs in the art stores you frequent, because the stores in my country (Malaysia) doesn’t have anything like this. 🙁 I have to build up or remove colors or the paint is rather uniform. Hard to get my beloved hard darker edges. Don't leave big drops of paint/water cos it will dry shiny! Behind the cardboard cover is a table with some empty boxes for you to create your colour swatches. For a 12 pan set like this, you can actually still identify the colours by looking at the pans. However when there are too many colours, it will be difficult to identify because the colours will look too similar and that's when you will find a colour swatch table really useful. If you have not heard of the Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors, you’ll want to watch my video to learn a bit about them. If you do know about them, I hope you’ll enjoy hearing my thoughts on them. I guess you could call my video a review. Or perhaps an unboxing. Or even an introduction to Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor. Whatever the case, I hope my video is useful to you.

Water-based pigment paint can be highly opaque when used solely as a gouache but can also become more transparent depending on the amount of water added for dilution. These Kuretake Gansai Watercolours are very intense colours with exceptional brilliance and brightness. All shades blend perfectly together.I also love that the box has added the English names for the pigments since the last time I bought them!! Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors are wildly popular and with good reason. They are particularly exciting to card makers and crafters these days. That being said, it is not a new product fad. Artists have loved this product a long time. The company has been producing quality art supplies for over 100 years and their reputation is important to them. What about you? Have you already gotten some Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors? Can you share your experiences, thoughts or review down in the comments below, for other readers? We’d all love to hear from you! Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment