276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Twelve Secrets: 'I couldn't put it down for a single second' LISA JEWELL

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Secret a Treasure Hunt started with Byron recruiting a bunch of his friends. Sean and Ted to write some descriptions of strange creatures that Byron’s friend JoEllen sculpted out of clay and cloth, which were photographed by his childhood friend Ben. Then Byron’s friends John Palencar, John Pierard, and Overton Loyd made a bunch of images with the sole purpose of confusing the shit out of us. Ten years ago, Ben’s mother died, seemingly by committing suicide, but it is questionable if that was actually the case. Twenty years on Ben is one of the best true crime journalists in the country. He has left the past behind, thanks to the support of his close-knit hometown community. Ben is a sympathetic character, you can really feel his turmoil at having to relive the past. As the story develops we understand the devastation his family and friends went through 20 years previously. The unanswered questions following his mothers unexpected suicide have haunted Ben for 10 years. I believe the author has co-authored with James Patterson and this shows in the way you are drawn into all characters lives and also in the pace of the book.

Twelve Secrets by Robert Gold | Hachette UK

A totally engaging book. Twenty years ago Bens 14 year old brother and his best friend were murdered. 10 years ago his mother committed suicide. Ben has become one of the best investigative journalists there is and now it’s time to investigate his own history. You twisty read that keeps you guessing to the end. The lead character in TWELVE SECRETS is an investigative journalist called Ben Harper. TWELVE SECRETS tells the story of his life but the nature of his work allows him to be drawn into a huge amount of other stories. With him being an investigative journalists, the stories he becomes involved with will always have a link to the past but will hopefully play out in the present day as well. The Secret a Treasure Hunt was created by a community of friends, and it is my opinion that a community of friends is the only way to solve it. Goodness me! There is SO MUCH awesome crime fiction out there right now and this is another goodie! If you like tv series like Broadchurch, then I think you’ll enjoy ‘Twelve Secrets‘ too.Whilst the plot covers several families, they are woven into the story so neatly that you hardly notice. You may be able to put this one down for the first quarter of the book, but not after that. Twelve Secrets‘ is incredibly well written. Throughout the story, I could see the scenes playing out in front of my eyes and I think it would make an excellent tv show. It’s fabulously plotted, very cleverly done, and with truly delightful twists and turns. Most of which I didn’t see coming at all and honestly, that doesn’t happen all that often these days. ‘Twelve Secrets‘ had me hooked from start to finish and kind of took me by surprise. In a good way. While the description sounded really enticing, I was worried that I’d have to pull out my “been there, read that” t-shirt but no! Not even close. Secrets are always fascinating fodder for a novel. They can bind people together, they can destroy dreams, they can damage lives. Twelve secrets here as the title suggests. Twelve secrets that have impacted Ben Harper’s life in the most profound way.

Twelve Secrets | Robert Gold | 9780751582765 | NetGalley Twelve Secrets | Robert Gold | 9780751582765 | NetGalley

Absolutely addictive. An unforgettable and nuanced cast of characters, a claustrophobic setting, and a suspenseful and chilling examination of the dark and destructive power of secrets. You will sleep with your eyes open after reading this one." - Gilly MacMillan History Makers: Female Writers Dominate the 2023 William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award Shortlist Ominous at the beginning, breathless by the end ... this is excellent hardcore suspense -- LEE CHILD

A twisty thriller that does not follow a predictable path and so feels fresh and exciting. I can absolutely see this being made for a TV series to high acclaim.

Twelve Secrets by Robert Gold | Waterstones Twelve Secrets by Robert Gold | Waterstones

As you probably can tell I loved this book I love a good thriller and this was definitely that and I’m next in the queue for the next book by this fabulous author who had me on the edge of my seat throughout. What a tangled web! Brilliantly weaved and then carefully unravelled for the big revelations at the end. A totally gripping read. -- SUSAN LEWIS This debut novel from Robert Gold had me gripped from the start. A double murder followed by a suicide had me wondering what had happened and intrigued to know more.

About Fictionophile

Gold makes it obvious there’s more to the original murders than uncovered at the time (or there’d be no need for this book!) but does a good job at meting out new facts and details… mostly uncovered by Ben along with Dani, a cop returning to work after an ‘incident’.

Twelve Secrets by Robert Gold | Hachette UK Twelve Secrets by Robert Gold | Hachette UK

Best to binge read - it’s very complex with a lot of characters that at first seem unrelated. There’s a lot of mystery and secrets but When you’ve finished it - it all slots into place. Excellent!! Fictionophile’s OCTOBER 2023 #BookHaul #Bookbloggers #ForthcomingTitles #TBR #AnticipatedReads October 31, 2023 Ending - I really liked discovering what actually happened, it was so easy to see how things ended up as they did. I adored TWELVE SECRETS - It was so much twisty-turny fun and I loved the characters and how their secrets unravelled. It's a fast-paced, utterly gripping thriller - a definite twelve out of ten! -- VANESSA SAVAGE

Robert Gold Press Reviews

Originally from Harrogate in North Yorkshire, Robert Gold began his career as an intern at the American broadcaster CNN, based in Washington DC. He returned to Yorkshire to work for the retailer ASDA, becoming the chain’s nationwide book buyer. He now works in sales for a UK publishing company. Robert now lives in Putney and his new hometown served as the inspiration for the fictional town of Haddley in Twelve Secrets. In 2016, he co-authored three titles in James Patterson’s Bookshots series. Thank goodness my wish was granted and I got access to this book. It’s one I’ll be urging people to read when it is eventually released.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment