276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Joan Armatrading - Live at Asylum Chapel (Contains Signed Insert)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I always say that I knew Love & Affection would be liked,” she muses. “And I knew it would have some success if people heard it. laughs] That’s it! I think — and I think I’m right — that it’s a rare thing for two people to fall in love simultaneously. I think that when you have love at first sight, it’s going to be one person who sees another and falls in love and then hopes that they catch up, and that’s what “Already There” is: “You just told me you loved me for the very first time” — that’s them catching up. Then you’ve got a beautiful happy ending love story.

Consequences was announced on 5 May 2021 for release on 18 June 2021, with the lead single "Already There" being released the same day as the announcement. [4] An official video for the song was released on 20 May. [ citation needed] Critical reception [ edit ] We really gelled as a band. It was wonderful. The way we rehearsed was we all were in our houses. I used a thing called Jamulus. It’s really good because it allows for that to happen so that you’re in sync. I wanted us to be as if we were in the room together, so I found Jamulus. Every now and again you’ll get a little bit out of sync or a little bit of noise or whatever but in essence, we were just in the same room and it worked great. All of the rehearsals were done like that. We ended up three days in that hall. Really, the three days were for the cameras to get themselves set up on the first day and the second day. On the third day, we did the show. It sort of lends itself to vibrancy, doesn’t it? The record company thought that an animated lyric video would be good so they suggested the person who is the animator. They put forward one thing to me, but somebody that I know had shown me a video of their children dancing to the song. It just looked so fun, so I said to the record company and the animator, “Make it children dancing to the song”. That’s my only contribution. Everything else is them — the vibrancy — they got that. I had nothing to do with how the drawings were or anything. I just wanted it to be children dancing. It does have a lot of value. The value is that I've lasted this long,” she offers with a warm yet steely laugh. Before you played “Kissin’ and A Huggin'”, you set us up for the next song after that and said, “First, ‘Kissin’ and A Huggin” … and then watch me get excited”. I was so curious to see what song was gonna make you excited, and it was “Drop the Pilot”. It excited me that you were excited to play it.

Reviews

It’s got a great sound. I’m hoping you thought the sound was good. It’s very very ambient, so you have to kind of tame it a little bit. You’ve got that nice resonance straight away, so it’s great. That was very important for me. Just like I try and do my records, I try to make them sound as best as I can. It’s just a matter of keeping a certain quality, as I tend to do. Photo: Courtesy of BMG Your drummer Paul Stewart was just driving the rhythm on that song. It was so exciting to see that song come alive on the screen. British singer, songwriter, and guitarist born December 9, 1950 in Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis in the West Indies. Armatrading moved with her family to Birmingham, England, United Kingdom, in 1957 and in the early 1970s, moved to London to perform in a repertory production of "Hair". When I watched the video, of course, I noticed immediately that it was a different mix, even in how the drums start the song off. Describe your approach in creating the single mix for “Natural Rhythm”.

The whole concept of it is down to the director and the choreographer. They came up with all of that. I think they chose where it would be filmed as well. I had no input apart from being in it, but I absolutely loved it. I’d actually rather not have been in it because I thought the dancing was gorgeous. I loved the dancers. I thought they were just great. It was beautiful to watch them dance in the hall. I thought it was fantastic. I think they could have just had the dancers, personally, but they wanted me in it, so I’m in it. Once you get the people joining in, that's when it becomes what it needs to become, whether you're talking to me, the Beatles, Taylor Swift or whoever.” Monroe, Jazz (5 May 2021). "Joan Armatrading Announces New Album Consequences, Shares Song: Listen". Pitchfork. Archived from the original on 27 December 2021 . Retrieved 26 December 2021. I’m very often writing about love and emotions and how people connect to each other,” says Joan Armatrading. Indeed, the acclaimed singer-songwriter is known for exploring different dimensions of love while giving listeners new language to convey their most intimate thoughts and feelings. Her boundless gift for articulating the joy and complexities of relationships once again informs her latest set, Consequences (2021). The album marks her 22nd release on the eve of celebrating her 50th anniversary as a recording artist next year.At the time of writing that song and “Kissin and A Huggin'”, “Help Yourself,”“Like Fire”, all of those things, I was very much into strong acoustic guitar-playing. I mean I still am, but I was really like, “I need to hit this thing really hard”. I needed the rhythm, so that’s why I would come up with those types of very rhythmic, percussive “digging in” songs. That would have been the motivation behind all of those ones that I’m mentioning — to play aggressive guitar. laughs] I’ll own up to it being recorded. The place that we were at, the internet access was not great. We would have been stopping and starting every two seconds. I couldn’t put that on people. It’s too worrying. I have heard too many scary stories of people doing “live” livestreams and it’s going horribly wrong. [laughs] I didn’t want to put myself through that thing. Of course, we played live and treated it as a live show. It was fantastic. We really enjoyed it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment