276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Igor

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Malachi Lui is an AnalogPlanet contributing editor, music lover, audiophile, and record collector who will have way too many copies of IGOR , and for that matter, probably already does. Maybe Tyler’s best synth work, even as spacey as the track is, the grimier bassline applied to a sweet and almost hopeful melody is very endearing. While also perfectly illustrating the turning point where igors dark side starts to show itself, and overcome his care for his love interest.

Vote up content that is on-topic, within the rules/guidelines, and will likely stay relevant long-term. To help market the album, Tyler, the Creator released the single " Earfquake", which reached number 13 on the US Billboard Hot 100, becoming his highest-charting single. Rolling Stone critic Danny Schwartz said, " Igor is a heartfelt album that finds Tyler lowering his guard and revealing himself to be a shape-shifting artist who is still growing, and who has fully shed his skin as a vulgar internet cowboy".The downpitched vocals as he rapps while progressing to thank you is just so cool and fits the vibe so well. On Side B, the etched B in BL19075465221 appears to have been written as an A first, the etched over and turned into a B. Igor debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 with 165,000 album-equivalent units, of which 74,000 were pure album sales. Indeed, it’s too late; I’ve totally gone off the deep end while obsessing over Tyler, the Creator’s 2019 masterpiece IGOR.

The weird and hazy, yet incredibly boppy and fun synths so perfectly blend with the perfect bass tone and lines. The arrival of Igor serves as a reset for the strong romantic emotions Tyler was entangled in during the album's first half.I’ve listened to this album so many times, I know it note for note, lyric for lyric, I’m completely and utterly convinced by its story and emotional depth, and the production is so beautiful and layered, so seemingly simplistic and yet so busy. d] "Gone, Gone / Thank You" contains excerpts from "Hey Girl", written and performed by Cullen Omori; and interpolations from "Fragile", written by Alan O'Day and Tatsuro Yamashita, and performed by Yamashita.

I bought the Golf Wang t-shirt bundle (for the shirt that has “GOLF” in the IGOR font on the front), the limited edition mint-colored vinyl with the alternate Lewis Rossignol artwork (aka the copy of IGOR that’s yet to arrive), the standard retail CD (sorry, I don’t have the limited edition CDs with the alternate covers), the concert tickets to the 10/14 Portland show (despite Ticketmaster’s egregious “fees,” I happily paid for the tickets and am super hyped for the show), and now, the standard black vinyl. Narratively, igor is slowly coming to terms with the fact that he truly has moved on from his infatuation. Nice surprise: i've totally forgotten the LP version a full track on A4 instead of the interlude found on strreaming services.

Running out of time: The bass that begins this track is so fucking amazing, one of my favorite bass sounds throughout the album. Several beat skips and a dissonant midi string dominate the tracks second half, transitioning into the next songs sweeter melodic overtones. a] "I Think" incorporates elements of "Get Down", written and composed by Bodiono Nkono Télesphore, and performed by Nkono Teles; and "Special Lady", written and performed by Bibi Mascel. The mid section also leaves room for a VERY flowerboy-esque string section for the avid listener, which is a very nice touch.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment