276°
Posted 20 hours ago

He Who Dares: The Downing St Siege [DVD]

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And here it's more of the same, really bad acting from really attractive people, CGI blood in every kill scene, and a narrative structure that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. And its a big but, it's the direct to DVD equivalent of watching. An old man fall over, you know you shouldn't, but you just cannot take your eyes away from the screen. Seriously, the script sounds like it was written by a teenage boy as a last-minute homework assignment. If any script consultants are ever used by this "writer/director" I would be astounded. I watched this primarily out of pure morbid curiosity to see if it could actually be worse than the prequel and from that point of view alone it didn't disappoint.

Punches don't connect, fight choreography is all over the shop, the hero spends half the film in the toilet, and Phillips is better suited to pantomime, as his performance is just bonkers. The 1-dimensional villain is played by Simon Phillips - some guy who wants to be an actor and so produces films and puts himself in starring roles. His spectrum of characters vary from being a fat bloke with a beard to a bearded bloke who is fat.In the interests of fairness the scene outside No.10 where the door gets blown off is f**king great, but a few seconds excitement is not enough to warrant given this utterly awful movie more than 1. Example - In one scene the good guy SAS MAJOR strolls into the room in a a uniform with two stripes on the sleeve, REALLY??? Surely someone in a film crew of this size must have known that this is the rank insignia of a corporal, SURELY??? I could ramble on about how utterly f**king dire this movie is but you get the idea.

He Who Dares: Downing Street' is by far one of the most awful films I have ever seen. It has superseded many other terrible, terrible films because it is truly, genuinely dreadful. Most bad supposedly adrenaline-fuelling, action/crime films have some redeeming features but not this one (save a few glorious seconds towards the end I will elaborate upon), some actual entertainment value, even if it's just funny to laugh at. The abysmally unimaginative direction attempts, and sorely fails, to be saved by an editor who has just discovered the effects panel in Final Cut Pro. Either that or he fell asleep on the keyboard. Constantly. But, Hans Gruber wannabe Alexander Holt, escapes from prison and plots the kidnap of the PM, there's only one man to turn to......and John McClane was last seen in Russia..... Many people criticise this film and its equally dire predecessor for their inaccurate representations of the SAS, but I say why stop there? These films have an entire cast of inaccurate representations of human beings. It is no surprise that the plot is inconceivably bad, full of plot-holes and makes little sense throughout. The special effects are cringe-inducing - especially the blood whenever someone is shot, which is not infrequent in this horribly unoriginal shoot'em up - and the direction (combined with cinematography and plot) feels as if a particularly stupid 15 year old has just watched 'Die Hard' for the first time and written his own version set in Downing Street.More in the style to which we've become accustomed from Press On Features - a production company that sounds more like an attribute for a sanitary towel than a purveyor of cinematic works o' fart.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment