276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Festool UBS-Pur Plug It Conversion Kit, 360 mm Length

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In which case I'm with Edward - buy a second cable and leave it permanently connected to the boom arm and have both it and a Plug-It attached to an extension lead that is *then* plugged into the CT.

Festool 491144 plug it conversion-kit UBS-PUR 360 plug it 240 V

Green - MFT/3, FS 1080/2, FS 1400/2-LR32, FS 1900/2, FS 3000/2, Parallel Guide Set, CT 26E, CT MIDI, OF1400 EQ, LR32 Drilling Set, MFS 400 Set, MFS 700 Set, Domino DF700 Set, Domino DF500Q Set, C12 NiMH Set, T18+3 Set, 2011 Centrotec Set, RO150 FEQ, RTS400 EQ, LS130 EQ, Planex LHS225, and various accessories If you find an error, PLEASE PM me so I can correct it. I'm not asking you to PM me so I can hide a mistake or avoid being embarrassed. I'd simply prefer to make any necessary corrections in this initial post and keep discussions about errors or corrections out of the thread to avoid confusion as people read this in the future. You cut and strip a bit off the end of the power cord. Strip the cord of the plug it connector and simply solder them together.NOTE: I'm no expert on Deros sanders but I'm sure I read somewhere that it's a standard IEC connector; please don't take my word for it though) If the switch is single pole (switches only one wire) it is placed in the active lead so that when the switch is off the motor is not "live". This is a safety consideration in case the tool casing is damaged exposing the innards. one (or make several) longer power cable, PowerCon Female at one end and normal mains connector on other My understanding (and I could be wrong), is the two choices are 16awg and 18awg. That is what I walked away with after reading the link above:

Plug-it conversion

put PowerCon Female connector on a new, 3 wire power cord. This must be normal power cord in your country, suitable for watts / amperage of desired use. Length as needed.

Quote from: Peter Parfitt on November 27, 2014, 11:16 AM Can anyone help me - I hope this is not too great a distraction from the theme of this thread.... I understand the Mirka has a transformer inline with the cable? I presume to convert it to plug it you'd be looking to take the wires out of the "plug" end of the transformer? Not as elegant a solution with the Mirka as you still have a lot of cable with a transformer on it, probably why people don't bother. Quote from: Marshall Monnett on November 28, 2014, 10:02 PM Thanks for all the great information, I have wanted to change some of my dewalt and porter cable tools to plug it ends, and this information helps greatly. But i do have one question. Since you guys have 110v you'll need the Festool Plug It Conversion Kit 110v part #494910 I believe. I have been VERY careful to only post information and practices that are supported by Festool. Because Festool doesn't specifically offer such a connector, I believe it is against the forum rules to post or discuss such a modification as it would apply the product in a manner that it was not intended, and potentially expose the user to dangerous voltages and possibly unsafe electrical connections.

Festool Plug It Conversion Kit - Etsy Festool Plug It Conversion Kit - Etsy

I won't place any links to any shops. But I'm sure you guys can find one that's also willing to ship to you. If all else fails you could ask some of the British lads to do so. This plug-it will allow you to "Festoolize" your various machines to make them compatible with the Festool connector system. All you have to do is acquire the brand's simple connector online and you're done! All it took so far was to drill the tiny holes to make room for the small thingies. Obviously placement was critical but it didn't take more than 10 minutes total. After a lot of deliberation I finally did it. I cut the cord off my jigsaw and soldered on a plug-it connector.

Reviews

Heading that way myself. I also "imported" a couple replacement cord ends and located a 2-wire extension cord in the proper color, now I have an 8 meter custom cord. It can probably be made but I am not sure it would be worth the trouble as it would be a major operation, with the above caveats. TS55R EBQ saw - CTL26 - CTL Mini - OF1400EBQ router - KS120 Kapex SCMS - ETS150/3 sander - RO90 sander - DF500 Domino - PDC18/4 drill - PSC420 jigsaw - OFK500 trimmer With most double insulated tools (only two wires no earth lead) they are usually also fitted with a double pole switch which switches both wires and it really doesn't matter which wire goes to active. In Europe en Germany where all Festools are made, the colours are the same as Bohdan says: brown is active, blue is neutral.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment