276°
Posted 20 hours ago

THE HOTEL ON THE RIVIERA: escape this summer with the romantic Sunday Times bestselling blockbuster

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When we meet Greek heiress Ariana Theodosis she is arriving in Ithos, Greece to see her ailing grandmother. After her grandmother passes it comes to light that she owned Hotel du Soleil, on the French Riviera which she bequeathed to Ariana. Ariana has been living in LA trying to make it as an actress but has done more partying than acting roles. She sees managing and taking responsibility of the Hotel as a way to prove herself to her father. However, what she doesn’t expect is to meet the hotels current occupants. Gabriel grew up at the Hotel and considers it his home and his father’s legacy. As far as he is concerned it belongs to his family and his mother Madame du Lac so he isn’t prepared for Ariana’s revelation that she is now the owner. How are Ariana’s grandmother and Gabriel’s mother connected? How did Ariana’s grandmother come to own the hotel? What secrets is Madame du Lac hiding from Gabriel? Day five brings you to another of the Riviera's most-famous waterfronts, and the sandy, wide beaches of St-Tropez. Long associated with sunbathing and tanning, it's still a prized destination by travelers even though many will now sit under umbrellas and slather on plenty of sunscreen. All our bedrooms are individually designed and tastefully furnished; in keeping with the hotel’s character, and our programme of continual refurbishment ensures their maintenance to the highest standard. The hotel offers a heated indoor pool, an outdoor pool, sauna, steam room, and gym. Additional services including a choice of massages are also available. In the evenings there is a variety of live entertainment.

Open until midnight, the Regency Bar is the perfect retreat at the end of the day, and affords a wonderful atmosphere of luxurious tranquillity and impeccable service. In the afternoon, consider hopping on a ferry to the nearby Port-Cros National Park and the "Golden Islands" offshore from Hyères (including the Porquerolles Islands). Clear waters, pristine sandy beaches, lush greenery, and abundant species of birds and fish await in the national park. Hiking, snorkeling, deep-sea diving, and swimming off of intimate, protected beaches are all possibilities, but make sure you come equipped for whichever activities you choose. If you are looking for a summer read full of glitz, glamour, stunning locations, family secrets and romance, then look no further than The Hotel on the Riviera.

Ariana decides to go to visit the hotel, where she clashes with the former owner, who didn't know that the hotel didn't belong to his family. When she gets there the Carnes film festival is taking place and Hollywood has moved to France. Spend the late afternoon exploring Menton's Old Town, endowed with handsome, pastel-colored mansions, an ornate Basilica, lush gardens, and a museum dedicated French film director Jean Cocteau. The Old Port and beaches are pleasant spots for a dip and late-afternoon aperitif as you watch the sun set over the water. Set in the South of France, Carol Kirkwood's second story follows her début, Under a Greek Moon, and it is a compelling read full of glamour. Ariana Theodosis inherits the Hotel du Soleil on the French Riviera after the death of her beloved grandmother, but she is not alone in believing she is the owner. Gabriel du Lac, the current hotelier is still in residence there. On foot, there are breathtaking walks along the Heritage Coast Trail as far as your legs will carry you. By car, the possibilities are too numerous, but here are just a few: From an up to the minute approach to business conferences or a traditional family celebration you can be assured of the same personal attention from our experienced and friendly team.

Start your day in St-Tropez with a walk around the Vieux Port (Old Port), dotted with impressive yachts and restaurants ideal for people-watching. Stroll along the coastal path and head over to admire the remnants of the old fisherman's district, La Ponche, whose warm facades, tiny beach, and cobblestone-paved streets offer a glimpse at what the town was like before it became a tourist hotspot. The novel’s characters contains the elegant and the rich. No no, it is not that superficial. They are smart as well just remember. If you are looking for a light, easy beach read for this summer then this is the book for you. A story of the rich and famous living it up during the Cannes film festival with a few issues thrown in to make it interesting. There are too many characters and I am not sure if the chambermaid’s storyline was absolutely necessary but I guess she was a foil for the spoilt rich peeps. There was a lot of name dropping, practically every celebrity gets a mention. As I said a very light easy and predictable read but not really my cup of tea. Emily, VIC, 3 Stars The novel has a prominent theme running throughout of secrets and there is also a lot of glitz and stardom. The characterisation is really strong although at first, I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy the main characters. However, they grew on me and I enjoyed their dynamism. The tale also contains some terrific scene setting from the author and I really felt as though I was present in the locale. Well worth a look, I have been inspired to read Under a Greek Moon if time allows. Carol Kirkwood writes in a way you’re instantly taken to the French Riviera and you never want to leave.However, if your ‘cup of tea; is simple, beautiful escapism and a peak into how the other half live - fairy tale style…….you will adore it and gobble it up! I’m just more of a realist and like the main characters to be flawed and ‘less than perfect’ which frankly we all are! Escape to the glorious French Riviera with the delightful read from Kirkwood. Seeing the success of her debut novel, (which I inadvertently missed and it is now sitting on my mental ‘To Be Read’ pile,) I was excited to get a taste of stardom and wealth that you only see on the silver screen. As soon as I saw this book on Netgalley I knew I had to have it! I really enjoyed Carol Kirkwood's first book and I hoped this one would be as good. In fact it was even better! I was pleasantly suprised that the Theodosis family popped up again and that other family faces and places were in this latest novel. I enjoyed both storylines. However the ending with Elizabeth and Richard felt rushed and didn't feel satisfying.

Naturally, your bedroom will be everything you would expect from one of the leading hotels in Sidmouth. Glorious sea views can be enjoyed from many rooms, all of which contain digital Freeview television, direct-dial telephone with data port for laptop computer connection, wifi, tea and coffee making facilities and hairdryer. We also provide such thoughtful touches as flowers, bathrobes and complimentary toiletries.We offer good value,friendly and comfortable accommodation and arejust a stones throw away from Torquay's award winning beaches, sparkling blue sea and all thatthe English Rivieraand surrounding area has to offer. Whether you are visiting Torquayon business or pleasure, you'll find that the RivieraHotelmakes for the perfect setting during your stay on the English Riviera. If you’re looking for the perfect summer holiday read, then you can’t go far wrong with ‘The Hotel On The Riviera’ Carol Kirkwood. The long standing success of the Hotel Riviera is due to our striving for impeccable standards in both accommodation and service. Our policy of continual improvement has resulted not only in rooms and facilities of the highest quality but also in a genuine sense of welcome from a loyal and long-serving staff who have a well deserved reputation for friendliness and excellent service. All I needed was to be on a sun lounger by a pool with a spritz in hand while reading The Hotel on the Riviera by Carol Kirkwood. This novel was absolutely brilliant to be swept away to the glitz and glam life of the rich and famous on the French Riviera. The Hotel du Soleil in Cannes is the setting of this novel and it holds secrets of the past for Gabriel du Lac and his family. When this hotel comes into ownership to Greek heiress, Ariana Theodosis, it is up to her to unveil the family secret so she can understand why she has inherited it, while falling in love with the handsome and ever charming Gabriel. While the novel unfolds, we are also introduced to characters Elizabeth and Robert who are actors with a marriage crisis and to Estee and Stefan who work in the hotel so there are many love stories in this novel. I loved being transported to the French Riviera of Cannes and Nice and to the countryside of Grasse. The novel is written very well and makes a good book to read while on holidays or as an escape of ordinary life. Raffaela, VIC, 5 Stars

A well-written fairytale romance set amongst the rich-and-famous lifestyle of the French Riviera. The ‘secrets’ are not earth-shattering, but a fun, light summer holiday read nonetheless! Mopsy, VIC, 4 Stars After dinner why not join us in the Show Bar for the eveningsentertainment, including bingo followed by our cabaret act. (Please note, entertainment will take place most nights. However, we cannot guarantee this will take place every night).Alternatively, make your way down to the Sports Bar for a drink and catch the latest Sky or BT sports game showing on one of our large flat screen tv's. The hotel has a generous swimming pool with a sun terrace and a gym to keep fit while you’re on holiday. Wi-Fi is also available throughout the hotel. In the nearby area you will find the famous Levante Beach, Mundomar wild life park; as well as a number of shops, restaurants, bars and clubs. With secrets surrounding the transfer of ownership of the hotel, and the tragedy that surrounds it, will Ariana and Gabriel ever work out their differences about the ownership of the hotel.

Please note that bookings with more than three rooms will be treated as a group booking, therefore they will be on request and must be for a minimum of five nights for half board and full board. Groups are not allowed in bed & breakfast. ## How far is the nearest beach? It's day six, and time to venture over to the far western side of the Riviera, an area that tends to be overlooked by international tourists (and prized by French travelers for its relative quiet). From Saint-Tropez, head to Hyères, considered by many to be one of the most beautiful and varied areas on the Côte d'Azur. With its medieval town nestled in the hills above the sea, wide, sandy beaches, protected islands rich with wildlife, and diverse cultural treasures, Hyères should not be missed. Gabriel Du Lac has carved out a very successful career for himself in the hotel business but his mother has never let him touch Hotel du Soleil. He had never understood why until the news arrives that the hotel has a new owner – and that his family had not owned it for years. This was Gabriel’s childhood home and will do everything he can to stop this stranger taking it away from his family. Hotelier Gabriel du Lac’s family have owned the hotel for decades – and he has no intention of giving it up for a beautiful stranger.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment