276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Games Workshop Warhammer 40,000 Dark Vengeance Starter Set

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You can make over 1000 points worth of a crimson slaughter army (for the relics) just by taking models as they are, with no marks, and with models to spare (you will use only one or two of the "team leaders" after all) and it will even be a decent, well-balance casual army. With so many Dark Vengeance boxes forming the basis of new DA armies, I was asked by someone to build a viable legal 1500 points list by only adding to or swapping what came in the box. For this exercise we are using the 6th Edition Codex Dark Angels. I love a list-building challenge. To me the Ravenwing squadron looks a bit bland, for the same reason the Tactical squad does: no power fists or power weapons for the sergeants. This is a bit of a disappointment as far as these two units are concerned.

Dark Vengeance Chaos and Tutorial Collection: How to Paint Dark Vengeance Chaos and

The Deathwing squad has been traditionally set up like something from 2nd Edition Codex Angels of Death, with an assault cannon trooper, a chainsword trooper and a power sword-wielding sergeant. Nothing wrong it that but things have moved on a bit. I'm surprised there are no twin claws models or thunder hammer/storm shield models to add flavour. Still at least there isn't a heavy flamer — let's be thankful for that. I do like the look of the Chaos but you would think that for their flagship boxed game they wouldn’t have duplicates of half the miniatures in it. The Librarian can now Deathwing Assault with the DW squad if he wishes making his termy armour upgrade such a good purhcase.

The models out of Dark Vengeance box are pretty much perfectly geared to face the Chaos opponents also included. Especially as the DW squad, Master and the Librarian all now have Preferred Enemy (Chaos) as part of their Inner Circle special rule (actually they don't as per the DV rules but we're moving on from them yes?). Deathwing gains Split Fire and Vengeful Strike, the latter ideal for ranged weapon DW squads as included in the box set. Tactical squads gain Stubborn, although this isn't always ideal as you can get tied up fighting close combats you can never win and be ground down through attrition. On the other hand it means you could stay in close combat even if you put in a poor display during any one particular turn of cc and then win the next. For the Chaos side included are twenty Chaos Cultists, six Chosen, one Chaos Lord, a Hellbrute Chaos Dreadnought, all armed in various ways (see pics below). The Dark Angel models consist of one Company Master, a Librarian, ten Tactical Marines, five Terminators, and three Ravenwing Bikes.

Dark Vengeance box set review | BoardGameGeek Dark Vengeance box set review | BoardGameGeek

Balthasar was promoted from his post as a Deathwing Sergeant to succeed Company Master Zadakiel, who died at the hands of the Crimson Slaughter Warband. His lifetime of servitude to the Deathwing honed Balthasar into a crafty and cunning tactician. He held a great personal anger against the Crimson Slaughter for murdering his mentor. [1] [5] Includes a step-by-step user guide for how to build Warhammer 40K Dark Vengeance Box Set, from plastic sprue, through to a completed model which is fully assembled and ready to paint.On top of this the box also contains the usual selection of reference sheets, templates, mini rulebook and even assembly guides to help you get playing Warhammer 40,000 as soon as possible. At the heart of the box is a stunning selection of units for each army, many of which are totally new additions to their faction, as well as an Indomitus edition Core Book with cover that’s exclusive to the boxed set. It represents the epic culmination of a long and glorious line of boxed sets that have heralded the arrival of each edition of Warhammer 40,000 over the years. Now personally I hoped these guys would look more like a bunch of corrupted Imperial Guardsmen. However, these guys definitely have their own unique aesthetic which sets them apart. The bit I like best has got to be the weaponry. They look battered, a mish-mash collection of fire arms, with the pride of the lot being that long barrelled chain fed machine gun type weapon. These guys are pretty damn awesome, with their leader being the best of the bunch. Is he wearing a commissar's coat? Now both the above aren't really out of the ordinary and in their own ways are both mobile, offensive army lists. The last one is something else entirely. The Aegis defence line route Unit

Warhammer Community Warhammer 40,000 Through the Ages - Warhammer Community

I’ll be getting the non limited edition at some point next month, not fussed about the chaplain guy and its significantly cheaper from wayland than the LE one.However, there is something about him which seems to me to be all together too bulky. This doesn't stop him being any less of an impressive character mini which, if I were a Dark Angels player, I would definitely use to lead my troops.

MTO Dark Vengeance Box Set: Is It Really Worth It? - Spikey Bits

The scenario faces off an elite unit of the Deathwing of the Dark Angels, with a band of Chaos Space Marines from the Crimson Slaughter. Dark Vengeance gets an extra-special mention, as when an update to the rules was released in July 2014, it remained in place as the go-to Warhammer 40,000 boxed set – and came supplied with an updated rulebook! June 2017 – Dark ImperiumThe set brings together two opposing starter forces: the Chaos and the Dark Angels. Let start off by seeing just what the Imperial players can expect to see. Dark Imperium represented a whole new level of miniatures design, both in terms of the reimagined aesthetics of the Death Guard and the first offerings of the awesome range of Primaris Space Marines. As ever, the set included an impressive selection of units for each of the rival factions, including multiple Characters and only a single pre-existing unit in the Plague Marines – the rest were all brand-new! July 2020 – Indomitus These are two nicely detailed character sculpts sure to form a good centre piece for your army. Of the two I think I like the Librarian best. The pose is dramatic and the sculpt sets him apart from previous Librarian minis, while I can't help feeling that the Company Master is rather static in comparison even though this does give him a more commanding appearance. Undoubtably Terminator-heavy this wouldn't be everyone's expansion ideal. Keeping Company Master Balthasar rather than using Belial would leave room for a Typhoon in the list. With an extra unit and less points spent on HQs it's another way to field 1000 points. Just remember to field two five-man Tactical squads instead of the one big one. Conclusion

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment