276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Play-Doh DohVinci Deluxe Styler

£11.75£23.50Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We’ve been waiting for the Play-Doh 3D printer to become a reality since it was foreshadowed by an April Fools’ day prank on ThinkGeek.com.

DohVinci: First Step Toward a Play-Doh 3D Printer? - Make: DohVinci: First Step Toward a Play-Doh 3D Printer? - Make:

Of course, extruding Play-Doh (and similar materials) through a 3D printer is not new. Hyrel has been doing it since sometime around Winter 2013 with their desktop printers the “ Engine” and “ System 30“. (The Engine was not quite ready for Make’s July / August printer testing, and the System appeared later.)

Here’s a vine of the Hyrel System in action at CES: Printing Play-Doh

I think this would also be ideal for children to make as gifts for grandparents, siblings, cousins and uncles and aunts. I on the other hand have a love-hate relationship with it. I love the scope of play it affords. I hate scooping it off the carpet! The ‘doh’ is a little bit thinner than the normal Play Doh so you can create beautiful designs. It is much like icing or frosting. Looking like a hand-held glue gun, the DohVinci appeared a few days after Hasbro announced a collaboration with 3D Systems, to, in corporate speak, “co-develop, co-venture and deliver new immersive, creative play experiences powered by 3D printing for children and their families later this year.” The juxtaposition of the two events has set some industry minds pondering why the company showed off a product that is a primitive extruder along with a new formulation of Play Doh that produces smooth results when run through that toy. A smart collection of books, magazines, electronics kits, robots, microcontrollers, tools, supplies, and more

Doh Hasbro Vinci Anywhere Art Studio Playset Play-Doh Hasbro Vinci Anywhere Art Studio Playset

Thank you Hasbro for yet another creative way for keeping kids entertained. I know that I shall be making many additions to our set.

This new range is perfect for slightly older children who still love Play Doh (who doesn’t!!) and would like to do more with it. A celebration of the Maker Movement, a family-friendly showcase of invention and creativity that gathers

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment