276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mountains

£7.165£14.33Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Nils Lofgren – vocals, guitar, keyboards, pedal steel guitar, dulcimer, lap steel guitar, percussion, drums, bass guitar, production I'm really blessed to be part of two great bands - I never take that for granted," Lofgren says. "My joke is to go to management of both bands and say, 'Guys, I've spent 90 years here - more than 50 with Neil, 50 with Bruce and E Street. I've been a good boy and good musician. Can you just let me make the touring schedule for both of your artists for a couple of years?' And the managers just laugh at me and say, 'Get lost.'" In the early months of the pandemic, Nils Lofgren didn’t know what to do with himself. The guitarist had been on the road since the Sixties, when his band Grin took off, and in the years that followed he’d launched many solo tours between stints with Bruce Springsteen in the E Street Band, Ringo Starr in the All Starr Band, and Neil Young in the Santa Monica Flyers, the Trans Band, and Crazy Horse. I’m 72. And because of Covid and my own health issues, I knew I had to make it at home. So Jamison Weddle, my fantastic engineer and friend, who has been working with me for over 20 years, would come over for three- to six-hour clips, four or five days a week. I stayed at the jam, late at night, sitting up drinking with Ringo. He was very friendly. He gave me his phone number and said, “Stay in touch.” I called him every few weeks, and started a friendship. I was in England every year touring acoustically and he’d come to the shows.

nils lofgren Torrents Download - LimeTorrents.lol nils lofgren Torrents Download - LimeTorrents.lol

Angel Blues” is an old, unfinished song, one of the few on this record from the past. But I loved the opening lines, “Lean your weary halo on my wing/And let the peace come/As your darkness dies in my light/Even angels falter now and then.” David said to me, “I want to sing on your record.” I said, “I’d love that, David. Let me wait until I know which song is right for you.” And sure enough, as soon as I started writing that song and I got an inkling of the chorus, I said, “Man, this one’s for David.” And he sang beautifully on it. That Rainbow Theatre 1973 show he just released, which you obviously play on, is pretty sensational. We’d both test and wear masks unless I was singing to keep it as safe as we could. I got Covid flying home after finishing World Record with Neil Young. I exposed Amy, but she didn’t get it, thank God. So I was very careful not to start having the traditional arrangement of, “Here’s five musicians, and they’re going to move in for three weeks.”Ijust wanted to go play. I didn’t want to record. And thank God Amy said, “Please just record the shows. I know you don’t want to put out a live record.” But when I listened to it, had a great vibe. Long story short, we put out a double live album called Weathered of that band. But of course I look forward to the day where I get out to play. Come Around Before I Go Insane': Sufjan Stevens''Javelin' Is a Devotional, Contradictory Indie-Folk Gem It’s amazing to think this is probably the last record of new songs that’ll feature both Neil Young and David Crosby.

‎Mountains by Nils Lofgren on Apple Music

I learned a long time ago to give myself permission to get down in whatever band I’m in, whatever role I have. We had a couple tours planned with Neil and Crazy Horse, which I was so excited about, especially after World Record. I felt like we really started making some strides. Neil and I were jamming more together, like in “Chevrolet” and “Break the Chain.” Why didn’t we have a camera rolling? That was such a momentous tour. We did this crazy set where Neil had 16-inch glitter boots nailed to the piano, and we’re doing songs no one had ever heard. Neil’s rapping and going crazy. We’re playing this crazy music. People were throwing bottles and yelling at us. They wanted to hear the hits.Neil announced the other day that he’s playing the Roxy in L.A. on Sept. 20, which is the exact 50th anniversary of the famous opening night where you guys played. In 2019,] before the pandemic, Bruce’s management called me and was like, “There are no shows this year. You’re free to do what you want. Next year, we’re planning on going out and playing all year.” And the same week, Elliot [Roberts], God rest his soul, called me. He said, “Look, in seven weeks Neil wants to start a tour and stay out all year.” Yeah, it broke my heart. Neil called me and said, “Hey, this is the anniversary, can you come and play?” And I’m like, “It’s between two [E Street Band] shows. I can’t travel on a show day. I’m going home to see Amy, though. I got the weekend off. How about we do it Saturday night?” Missing that show really messed me up. But I’m an adult, so you call on adult reasoning, you take the medicine, you get well as soon as you can. This was all last year. I was determined to get it done before the end of the year. Once Bruce said, “We’re going to hit the road in 2023,” I worked a little harder to make sure it was done by Christmas.

Nils Lofgren: Mountains – Proper Music Nils Lofgren: Mountains – Proper Music

On “Remember Her Name,” you’re pretty clearly singing about Amy. It even references little moments with her at the Empress Hotel in Asbury Park.Covid threw me for a loop,” he tells Rolling Stone via Zoom from a hotel room in Vienna the day after an E Street Band show at the Ernst Happel Stadium. “I’d been on the road for 55 years. I loved being home with [my wife] Amy and the dogs. Our son Dylan would come over with his dogs. That was great. But I’d never gone for three years without performing in my professional life. And it kind of took a toll, more than I’d hoped.” But then I’m going to California, where the next day you’ve already lost three hours and you’re traveling on a show day. You can’t travel on a show day and keep your sanity if you’re Nils Lofgren. Maybe if you’re some other lunatic drinking and smoking, but not me, man. I got to get there the night before. I don’t travel on show days, period. Unless I’m with Bruce and the band. If that’s their plan, fine. But I don’t leave the tour.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment