276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LimbSaver Grind-to-Fit Recoil Pad

£45.19£90.38Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Many of you will have tried and tested all the branded recoil pads and reached a conclusion of what works, i. Next job is fit the butt pad, I use a fixture that is attached to the bench grinder and replicates the angle of the butt from the wrist area. Our Grind-to-fit Recoil Pad comes in 3 sizes chosen to fit a spread of firearms with a hand tuned custom fit. Since 1991, we have endeavored to design and manufacture industry-leading products that set the bar in terms of precision, performance, and reliability. Ideal for a customized fit on rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders, the LimbSaver Grind-to-Fit Recoil Pad reduces up to 70 percent of felt recoil and incorporates anti-muzzle jump technology for faster target re-acquisition.

The cut takes only a few seconds and gives a remarkably fine finish, however I can finish on the 300mm bench sander as needed. The owners were looking to reduce felt recoil so we agreed on KICK-EEZ pads which are manufactured from Sorbothane and really do have a dramatic impact on recoil, the downside is it is like grinding chewing gum and is one of the filthiest jobs I can think of, well other than actual polishing.If you wish to do this job yourself I recommend aiming for the same or with the pad being very slightly larger than the pad so you can always finish it with a sanding block and in the absence of a sanding block use some 220 grit Aluminium Oxide paper wrapped around a piece of wood. Less recoil reduces flinching, easing sore shoulders and cheeks and eliminates recoil in all shooting conditions.

The Nitro Grind-to-fit Recoil Pad is designed with added cushion to protect your shoulder from the intense kick from safari-grade calibers. Kick-Eez Recoil Pads contain no steel plates or hollow spots making them easy to grind to fit your gun. Worked perfect, this is the 2nd one I've installed on a rifle, and the second time it was a lot easier than the first. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.If you are wondering, I use 150 grit Aluminium Oxide, it is a bit slower than say an 80 grit however it is a lot harder to take too much material off and gives a finish that needs a lot less finishing. I take it you need to change the profile of the actual rubber then as well and not just the aly plate it screws to? This grind-to-fit pad can be easily shaped using a coarse belt to achieve a perfect fit, utilizing Simms technology to evenly disperse recoil. I’ve replaced my Pachmayer and Kickeez with ISIS now shoot 32g 6 or 5s most of the time on game/pigeons etc. By reducing recoil, Beartooth’s RPK can assist in eliminating shoulder fatigue while improving your shooting accuracy.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment