276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Night of the Living Cat Vol. 1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Rhymer probably worked very hard to make the original dialogue at least readable and probably that it was originally atrocious.

I loved this volume so much and once I started it thinking I would read a chapter in between breaks of my novel book, I couldn’t put it down! While there was a moment in the first book reminded me of The Mist, there’s moments in this book that remind me of World War Z. A virus spreads across the world, transforming all humankind into wild, slavering, furry beasts: cats, to be precise. This is a manga that relies almost solely on the absurdity of a typical zombie apocalypse where the zombie virus is replaced with a cat transformation virus, where people who are in close contact with the cats like petting them will get "infected" and rapidly turn into cats themselves and for some reason everyone in the world absolutely loves cats to the point of stupidity, especially the protagonist that loves cats just a bit too much.

Ever since Victor Halperin's White Zombie released in 1932, thousands of zombie movies, comics, and TV shows have followed. Nowadays, everyone sees films at Cannes and Sundance and believes that "Hey, Independent Film is just like Hollywood. However, a new manga takes the zombie genre in a brave new direction by making the zombies into cats.

This, mixed with the dark, ruined locations they explore gives the series a very gritty atmosphere, to the point that the series often resembles manga from the mid to late '90s. Due to this, he has no idea about his past, how he ended up in this strange world, or how he has survived for this long. Jonathon is also a major anime fan, having been exposed to the medium through shows like Sailor Moon and Revolutionary Girl Utena.It was so hilarious with no one wanting to hurt these cats and loving being in their presence as well as feeling sheer panic at the same time. Since then, Jonathon has maintained a passion for anime, watching most new shows each season and hunting down overlooked gems from previous ones.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment