276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Glucose Revolution: The life-changing power of balancing your blood sugar

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I know. I’ll give you one more, and then the rest are in my book, Glucose Revolution. One more is putting clothes on your carbs. So what do I mean? Do not let your carbs- Am apreciat foarte mult că se subliniază că zaharul este la fel, nu contează sub ce denumire vine, adică practic nu este nicio diferență între zahărul alb și cel brun, doar de culoare. De asemenea, am apreciat că autoarea este realistă și știe că la un moment dat toți vom încalca "regulile" și vine câteva sugestii și încurajări în direcția acesta. We know how we want to feel. We want to wake up with a smile, feeling energized and excited for the day. We want to have a skip in our step, feel pain free. We want to spend quality time with our loved ones, feeling positive and grateful. But it can be challenging to know how to get there. We’re overwhelmed by all the buttons. What to do? Where to start?

By just doing this… Because there’s a molecule in vinegar called acetic acid and acetic acid does two really cool things. One- It turns out that’s not the case. If you overwhelm your mitochondria with too much glucose, which is the case when a glucose spike happens, your mitochondria don’t get excited. They actually shut down. They’re like, whoa, whoa, can’t deal with all this stuff. Don’t know what to do. I’m stressing out. I can’t work anymore. Your mitochondria shut down and they get stressed, and they release these things called free radicals into your cells. And free radicals, they harm everything that they touch. So if they touch your DNA, they might harm it and create a mutation that could lead to cancer later on. If they touch a cell membrane, they can break the cell membrane and damage the integrity of the cell. And so your body’s response to these free radicals is inflammation. That’s one of the ways that glucose spikes increase inflammation. The problem is in this case, if it becomes chronic inflammation, it’s not good. And that is another thing that creates a terrain for chronic diseases. I mean, three out of five people are going to die of an inflammation based disease. As do many others, the author incorrectly uses the word "calorie" rather than "Calorie" throughout the book. Welcome to The Doctor’s Farmacy, I’m Dr. Mark Hyman, that’s farmacy with an F, a place for conversations that matter. And if you’ve ever struggled with your blood sugar, or maybe you just are moody, irritable and hangry sometimes, or maybe you’re gaining weight and you don’t know why, this is the podcast for you, because we’re going to be talking with someone who’s delved deep into the world of blood sugar in ways that have only been possible in the last few years, with the advent of something called continuous glucose monitoring, which is a very cool technology that allows you to measure your blood sugar in real time and see how you, not somebody else, how you respond to particular foods and what that can teach you about your health, your biology, and even your brain function.

In part 2, I describe how glucose spikes affect us in the short term—hunger, cravings, fatigue, worse menopause symptoms, migraine, poor sleep, difficulty managing type 1 diabetes and gestational diabetes, weakened immune system, worsened cognitive function—and in the long term. Dysregulated glucose levels contribute to aging and to the development of chronic diseases such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, arthritis, cataracts, Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, depression, gut problems, heart disease, infertility, PCOS, insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, and fatty liver disease.

I would disagree, Mark, because in the sugar there’s also fructose and all the things we talked about, the aging, the inflammation, fructose does it at an even a higher rate than glucose alone. Its genius is that it reveals in real time exactly how your food and drink affect your blood sugar. Inchauspé began noticing her mental health was less stable when her blood glucose was on a rollercoaster. You will rarely hear glucose discussed unless you have diabetes, but glucose actually affects each and every one of us. In the last few years, the tools to monitor this molecule have become more readily available. That, in combination with the advancements in science I mentioned above, means that we have access to more data than ever before—and we can use those data to gain insight into our bodies.The sale of customised goods or perishable goods, sealed audio or video recordings, or software, which has been opened. It became a commercial success, perceived by consumers as the quintessential weight loss serial: the box proudly toted “just 114 calories!” We didn’t think twice about it, and we didn’t know that, even though it was relatively low in calories, Special K contains twice the amount of sugar as other cereal such as corn flakes. We didn’t know that those 114 calories of sugar and starch would lead to a glucose spike and an insulin spike — and certainly more fat gain than 114 calories from, say, eggs and toast. We didn’t know that those 114 calories of special K for breakfast would start us on a glucose roller coaster — and cravings all day long. No, no, I mean a rice cake, and you put on the nut butter and it’s kind of good. [crosstalk 00:41:25]. So all of the breakfast things are really in this country, so geared toward extremely high levels of starch and sugar. And in fact- Book Genre: Diets, Food, Food and Drink, Health, Nonfiction, Nutrition, Personal Development, Reference, Science, Self Help

In writing both clear and empathetic, biochemist Jessie Inchauspe explains why blood sugar spikes are so bad for us and how to flatten those spikes to transform our health. It's also important to remember: Nature intended us to consume glucose in a specific way: in plants. Wherever there was starch or sugar, there was fiber as well. Fibre helps to slow your body’s absorption of glucose. Inchauspé writes a lot about fructose spikes. There's no evidence that fructose spikes are real. On the contrary, there is evidence that fructose causes a low rise in blood glucose levels, lower than the rise caused by glucose. The more I’ve learned, the more I’ve realized that there is no benefit to extreme diets—especially because dogmas can easily be abused (there is very unhealthy vegan food, and there is very unhealthy keto food). The “diets” that work are the ones that flatten our glucose, fructose, and insulin curves. When vegan and keto are done well, they both do this. And when any diet is done well—meaning that it helps you reverse disease or lose excess weight—it’s for that same reason. Really, we should be looking for sustainable lifestyles, not diets, and there is space on all our plates for a little bit of everything—including sugar. Knowing how glucose works has helped me understand that better than ever.Jessie Inchauspé, a born communicator, has written the best practical guide for managing glucose to maximize health and longevity.” —DAVID SINCLAIR, Ph.D, Harvard Professor, TIME Magazine“100 most influential people in the world” and New York Times bestselling author of Lifespan

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment