276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Warninks Snowball (12 x 250ml)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The weather has suddenly turned here, winter has arrived and I’m in full on festive preparation mode. Scraping the car windscreen on frosty mornings and cosying in with the fire and blankets on my knees in the evening. A pale, custard colour in appearance, a snowball gets its name thanks to the dome of white foam at the top of the drink – which occurs when you mix the ingredients together. Up next is the Garland made using Warninks, amontillado sherry, spiced rum, topped with ginger ale, and garnished with candied ginger. Advocaat, along with notes of raisin and nut from the rum and the sherry, creates a Christmas pudding flavour with added ginger ale for that underlying spice – it’s Christmas cake in a glass.

It’s common to find brandy butter recipes using caster, powdered or brown sugar. I opted for light brown sugar for my advocaat butter to provide a lovely mellow depth of flavour to complement the advocaat. Step-by-step instructions I remember having these as a child at Christmas time; it wasn’t served in a martini though and no sign of an umbrella ;), it was the 70s, it was served in a half pint tumbler. Try serving them with a festive tipple such as a Snowball or a glass of Bombardino– a warm advocaat drink. Either drink complements this treat exceedingly well. What is Advocaat butter? To complete the famous drink you add cold lemonade, lime juice or lime cordial to the Advocaat and include ice and a maraschino cherry as a garnish. We always go and choose a Christmas tree together, there are the inevitable squabbles about which tree to choose, the tallest, the fattest, the thinnest, a Noble, or perhaps a Blue Spruce. Eventually we decide and it’s usually too big to get home ourselves so we then have to wait for it to be delivered

But it’s not just the alternative pastry that adds excitement to this bake – it’s the Warninks advocaat butter served alongside it too. If you have a soft spot for advocaat this is the bake for you to get your teeth into this year. Why make these pies? Warninks, established in 1616 and made in Holland, is the largest manufacturer of quality advocaat in the world and one of the original advocaat producers. Advocaat is a traditional Dutch alcoholic beverage made from eggs, sugar and brandy. Warninks Advocaat is a firm favourite in the UK, especially around Christmas. As some say: ‘It wouldn’t be Christmas without Warninks’.

It's always nice to have some kind of wintery drink at Christmas. Often it's something warm - hot chocolate or mulled wine, for example - but if you prefer a cold drink, a snowball is the answer! The alcohol helps to warm you up inside, and the festive flavour is just perfect to sip while you're decorating your tree or opening presents. Use real butter for both the advocaat butter and the pastry. The taste will be rich and full on both counts. Furthermore, butter contains more fat and less water than baking margarine and therefore creates superior quality pastry with a lovely flaky texture and impressive lift. If you're feeling ambitious, you can make your own homemade Advocaat by whisking the eggs and cooking them over a low heat - I haven't tried making it myself, but this recipe doesn't sound too difficult. Snowballs are best made fresh - since there are so few ingredients anyway, it's no hardship to mix them up individually. You can serve them over ice if you want to, or just use fridge-cold lemonade.these puff pastry mince pies will stay fresh for up to 3 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature

Beat the egg yolks, sugar, salt and vanilla seeds until well mixed and the sugar diluted, about 3 to 5 minutes. The Create the Holidays series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays! To ensure the drink has it’s essential trademark froth Charles Roche, Warninks Drinks Consultant says: ‘Pour the lemonade at a consistent speed whilst lightly stirring to emulsify the liquids and retain the lemonade’s carbonation.’ Meanwhile make the advocaat butter by creaming the butter using electric beaters until smooth. Add the sugar and mix again. Add the brandy, 1 teaspoon at a time, beating well between each addition. Then add the advocaat in the same way. Since Advocaat is basically boozy custard, you can personalize your recipe in any number of creative ways. You could always try adding vodka, gin, brandy, whiskey or rum or perhaps substitute the lemonade with prosecco. And, for that classic 70s garnish, add a glace cherry to your Advocaat Snowball!When all of the butter has been used, rotate the pastry and roll out once more, then fold it and repeat. Fold up again then wrap before chilling for 1 hour in the fridge Costco Online UK Limited, UK Home Office, Hartspring Lane, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD25 8JS. Registered in England and Wales No. 8055444 As of Christmas 2019, the Warninks Snowball will also be available in a ready-to-drink can. The ready-to-drink can is very convenient as you don’t have to prepare the drink yourself. Plus, it’s perfectly balanced. Just grab it from your fridge and you’re good to go! It’s perfect for parties or when you just want to try a Warninks Snowball without buying a whole bottle. I’ve often mentioned that I grew up living in a pub, and I worked behind the bar when I was old enough.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment