276°
Posted 20 hours ago

M is for Autism

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I like the book M is for Autism because it is interesting to see how different but how the same a girl with autism is. I rate this book 5/5 because it is interesting, funny and exciting. -- Eve, age 8 Autistic people often have difficulty 'reading' other people - recognising or understanding others' feelings and intentions - and expressing their own emotions. This can make it very hard to navigate the social world. Autistic people may: Our Autism Response Team (ART) is specially trained to connect people with autism, their families, and caretakers to information, tools, and resources. Does your child try to get you to watch him or her? ( For Example, does your childlook at you for praise, or say “look” or “watch me”?)

What is autism? - NHS What is autism? - NHS

M is a believable autistic character. She has autistic traits without fulfilling EVERY stereotype, and has specific, unique quirks and interests. This is a quote from the book and is also why I'm reading books about autism. I'm reading books about autism to figure out what the hell it means to have autism and to be able to identify myself with characters. I, personally, couldn't identify myself with M. The book didn't help me with giving my autism a place as much as I had hoped. These are the main reasons why I'm only giving it 2 stars. There is however one quote that does comfort me:Asperger's (or Asperger syndrome) is used by some people to describe autistic people with average or above average intelligence The book is primarily narrated by a 13-year-old girl who calls herself M. M can't understand why she can't be "normal" like the rest of the kids in her classes, thinks her father must have left because of her, gets frustrated with her mother's misunderstandings of her, and sees her anxiety as a ferocious creature that is constantly stalking her and threatening to overtake her. M doesn't seem to fit in with any of the kids in her class, and her pain and frustration becomes more clear during her meetings with a counselor. Part of the book is narrated by M's mother, which give the reader a bit more understanding of her struggles to understand her daughter while desperately seeking signs of her reciprocated love. Yes. Yes. Yes!” they shout in passionate union. “Ding. Ding!” whooped one girl, for added emphasis. taking things very literally – for example, you may not understand sarcasm or phrases like "break a leg"

M is for Autism Download [PDF] [EPUB] M is for Autism Download

A very brief book (which I read cover to cover in 35 minutes) which gives a glimpse into the life of an autistic girl and how she copes with day to day life and the things which us NT people take for granted. Being autistic does not mean you have an illness or disease. It means your brain works in a different way from other people. I liked this book because the character and what happens to her describes me a lot - for example having her own little world to escape to when things get too much, and her anxiety about things which I struggle with a lot too but I am also autistic. It is very important that autistic people learn to recognise their triggers and find coping mechanisms to help reduce their anxiety. However, many autistic peoplehave difficulty recognising and regulating their emotions. Over one third of autistic people have serious mental health issues and too many autistic people are being failed by mental health services.

Has problems with coordination or has odd movement patterns, such as clumsiness or walking on toes, and has odd, stiff or exaggerated body language If something new happens, does your child look at your face to see how you feel about it? ( For Example, if he or she hears a strange or funny noise, or sees a new toy, will he or she look at your face?) Answer 19 She’s right. Less of a struggle would be good. Life is a struggle when you’re trying to be normal."

M is for Autism by The Students of Limpsfield Grange School M is for Autism by The Students of Limpsfield Grange School

Does your child play pretend or make-believe? ( For Example, pretend to drink from an empty cup, pretend to talk on a phone, or pretend to feed a doll or stuffed animal?) Answer 3 Please answer questions to reflect your child's usual behaviors. If the behavior is rare (e.g., you've seen it only once or twice), answer as if the child has not acquired the behavior. Being autistic does not mean you can never make friends, have relationships or get a job. But you might need extra help with these things. Autism is different for everyone

Need to talk?

If you're finding it hard to get an assessment, you could ask to speak to someone else, like another GP – this is called getting a second opinion. It can affect people in the same family. So it may sometimes be passed on to a child by their parents. People with Asperger's do not have the same learning disabilities that many people with autism have, but they might have a specific learning difficulty. Reading how life is with Autism as a teenager from an inside perspective is priceless. I've always said the best way to understand Autistic people is to talk to them and let them tell how it is. M does that in this book. We need to harness all this evidence coming to us and marshall it to incentivise more research, more help for schools and Camhs.

M is for Autism By The Students of Limpsfield Grange of - Wob

Anxiety is a real difficulty for many autistic adults,particularly in social situations or when facing change. It can affect a person psychologically and physically and impact quality of life for autistic people and their families.

Find out more about autism by watching our film narrated by Alan Gardner, the Autistic Gardener

Warren sits with her friends in the office of Sarah Wild, the headteacher at Limpsfield Grange. Fizzing with as many different opinions as any other group of teenage girls, they only speak with one voice when it comes to the question of whether boys with autism have an easier life. We have a very vulnerable group of girls here,” he said. “I can’t personally live with the fact we’re not doing nearly enough to help them.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment