276°
Posted 20 hours ago

VIOLIFE ORIGINAL GRATED 200G

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Violife produces 100% vegan cheese. As a vegan alternative to dairy cheese, I am expecting that the taste and texture may be something that I am not quite used to. However, with that being said, I have had plenty of vegan food before that has included dairy alternatives, such as vegan pizza, and I haven’t been able to taste the difference at all. I’m excited to give these cheeses a go and I’m really thrilled to have such a huge variety! They’re also great in sandwiches, too. Violife original flavour grated Violife original flavour grated Note that there are lots of other flavoured cheeses produced by the more artisanal brands that we’ve included later in the article. These are the products that are often available in standard supermarkets. Cheese Name/Brand Vegan cheese has a range of ingredients but you must be careful if you are allergic to the ingredients. Is vegan cheese healthy? Based in Switzerland (a country that knows a thing or two about cheese), New Roots is a 100% vegan, 100% organic cheesemaker whose products are slightly different to many others available in the UK.

The after taste was similar to feta but it didn't look overly appetising (Image: Emily Sleight/ Liverpool ECHO) First up was the M&S Plant Kitchen 'Not'zarella' and I'll be completely honest, I didn't have high hopes for this one, purely because mozzarella is one of my favourites. With more and more people exploring veganism, there are plenty of new meat and dairy alternatives out there to try, but vegan cheese is one that many people find hard to enjoy.

In our category of “flavoured cheese” we’ve included those to which ingredients have been added that flavour the cheese in a non-cheesy way (e.g. with peppers or chillies that are not used in conventional cheeses like standard cheddar) or which add texture in some way. Tesco are pretty good when it comes to producing vegan cheese options under their Free From sub-brand. At least in terms of the variety they offer – though they could come up with some catchier names!

They come in the following flavours: Spread Me Original, Spread Me with Red Peppers, Spread Me with Tomato & Basil, Spread Me with Mushrooms & Truffle, Spread Me with Cucumber & Dill (Tzatziki Style). Adding barley starch and ground sunflower kernels to the usual mix of coconut oil and modified starch gives this Grill Me! Vegan cheese the consistency of dairy halloumi once it’s been grilled, with the olive extract and sea salt added for flavour. It was a symphony of taste, nothing too complex. Just simple vegan recipes that made their Sunday that extra bit special. A fusion of vegan cheeses that were layered with love. They ate and they ate until they could eat no more, until at last they were full. Their bellies pooched, and they sighed happily. A was always happiest when she ate food that made her feel good, and this fusion feast was no exception. A could never get enough of normal cheese, but now she had found vegan cheese that made her feel just as content. She waited for the day that Violife would make vegan brie a reality, and prayed for a time where vegan goats cheese was a thing. But for now she chomped down on smoky cheddar slices dotted with chilli chutney, sighing her eyes in placated contentment. Today, was a good day. It depends on the brand, some are healthy while some aren’t. In general, they are quite similar to dairy-based cheese and can be used as part of a healthy diet in proportion. It is wise not to have too much at once as it is still calorific. Garnish with olive oil, vegan garlic and herb dressing (you can make your own), and sprinkle sea salt and pepper to finish. Voila simple vegan recipes that won’t break the bank.

Disclaimer

Their fresh vegan cheeses are available in Herbes de Provence, Pepper, or Greek Style flavours and they have various soft cheese options and even their Free The Goat options that resemble cheese made from the milk of goats. Supermarkets have finally cottoned on to the fact that the number of vegans is growing and will continue to grow in the UK in the coming years (partly driven by the strong environmental arguments to go vegan). As such, they’ve started to produce their own versions of popular vegan products, including vegan cheese. Here are how the main supermarkets are getting on at the time of writing. Cheese Name/Brand Generally speaking, there are very few vegan cheeses that would be classed as less healthy than their non-vegan counterparts, but there are plenty – particularly those made with coconut oil – that have roughly similar levels of saturated fat as dairy cheese. On the other hand, those vegan cheeses made from nuts tend to have much lower levels of saturated fats (usually less than half) of non-vegan cheeses. Ultimately, if health is your primary concern, neither vegan nor non-vegan cheese should be top of your list of foods to indulge in. But nut-based cheeses are certainly better for you than dairy options. Ethical Considerations The discount-style supermarkets don’t tend to do “own-brand” products per se and they also make it very difficult to know what products they have in store at any time before you actually get there. As such, there are no own-brand vegan cheeses we can confidently list for Aldi or Lidl at the present time.

For those who fancy a cheese toastie for lunch, or just want to add a bit of pizzazz to their salad, here’s our verdict on vegan cheese from Aldi, Sainsbury’s, M&S, Tesco, Lidl and Asda. M&S Plant Kitchen Grated Not'zarella Vegan alternatives to halloumi are few and far between (as we discuss in detail in our Vegan Halloumi article). But for those seeking vegan cheese that you can grill or even put on the barbecue, there are a few decent options, which we’ll outline below.I always have a bag of grated cheese on the go in our house and this original flavour grated cheese from Violife is an absolute gem. There are plenty of vegan recipes you can use this in or just use it in your day-to-day cooking from sprinkling it over warm dinners, pizza bases and adding it to salads. Smokey Cheddar Flavour Slices

As you have no doubt seen us mention above, most vegan cheeses are made from a combination of oil (usually coconut oil) and starch (which can come from all kinds of sources from tapioca to potato to rice). This is certainly the case with the mass-produced products that you will tend to come across in the big supermarkets. Some of the higher-end products opt instead to make their vegan cheese from nuts – whether cashew nuts (like Tyne Chease) or almonds (like Nush). This tends to create products that are lower in saturated fat than those using coconut oil, with higher protein and more micronutrients. Another high-end brand that tries to keep things organic and as pure as possible. They use live cultures (which are vegan, in case you were wondering) and cashew nuts to make their vegan cheese, some of which they age to accentuate the flavour. Vegusto

Conclusions: Vegan Cheese – It’s Getting Better All The Time!

The smoky cheddar slices of cheddar are perfect for an addition to a burger, on a platter or on regular or toasted sandwiches. If you want a vegan toastie this is definitely my favourite cheese for it! It has an amazing smoky flavour and is so delicious! Violife original flavour grated With regards health it is commonly accepted that in almost all ways a well-planned vegan diet is a match for one that includes meats and dairy (as we explain in detail in our article on the health reasons to go vegan). In addition, a vegan diet automatically excludes a number of foods that are known to be extremely unhealthy. Chief amongst these are red and processed meats but vegan diets also tend to be far lower in saturated fat too. What’s more, on average, vegans consume far more fibre and are more likely to consume a wide range of fruit and veg too. But that does not mean that all vegan products are automatically healthy. When it comes to vegan cheese, it is something of a mixed bag when compared to dairy cheese. They use a mixture of coconut oil and (non-GMO) modified starch and various flavours to create the different varieties. They also have a parmesan-like Prosociano Wedge that is perfect for grating over pasta dishes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment