276°
Posted 20 hours ago

This Wicked Fate (This Poison Heart)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Eva, I loved both her and her beast. Their relationship, in the beginning, was a bit strange because the beast was so much in control, but eventually, they kind of become to be in harmony and I loved that switch so much. It was definitely fun to see the duality in Eva, the human Eva and the beast Eva which came with so, so many funny moments. It's hard to read at night and not start bursting laughing. I fell in love with both Eva and Finn and their banter. Eva is strong, fierce and despite her monstrous side (which was super fun), very caring. Finn is so lovable, fun, respectful and as the author said “a hero with golden retriever energy”. I can’t go into too much detail here. So, this review will be vague to keep from spoiling any of the twists, secrets, or Aha! moments.

Bestselling author Alexandra Christo, author of TikTok sensation To Kill a Kingdom, introduces her new book, The Night Hunt (Hot Key Books), a dark...A cursed princess, a soulless pirate, and a deal that could change both of their fate. In a realm full of monsters, shadows are stolen, and promises are bound with blood… and sometimes marriage vows . This fast paced dark fantasy romance is perfect for people who love blood thirsty beasts, “burn the world down for her” energy, and the movie Brave!! Coffee house Caffè Nero has announced the 16-strong shortlist for the inaugural Nero Book Awards, recognising the outstanding books of the past 12... The picturesque writing laced with witty humour made this an easy, engaging read. What's more, the fascinating magic and Greek mythology aspects of the world are further developed in this sequel, enriching the story. My only issue was that the constant deluge of unnecessary details, like how noise-cancelling headphones work, gradually weakened the tension and slowed the story. These characters are amazing. Eva is fierce and monstrous, sometimes unsure of herself, feels guilty for past actions, and suffers from anxiety. Coming from the childhood she had, it’s a wonder anxiety is all she suffers from. A product of the Mad King’s penchant for experimentation, Eva’s life was never going to be her own.

I’m the Princess of Solaria, a realm full of beasts that could make the Devil cower. Except that title means nothing, because I’ll be dead by the week’s end. I touched on this above, but I loved how Bayron pulled from some of the lesser-known mythological stories (Hecate, Medea) while connecting them to more familiar ones (the gods of Mount Olympus) to help those who only know the basics. But even then, she makes sure to tell the truth of the stories she’s including, such as the fact that Hercules has to complete his feats after he kills his wife and children. (Disney Herc would never.) And when Bri has run-ins with certain gods, they’re not the benevolent and all-knowing deities they’re sometimes portrayed to be; they have faults and foibles just like the rest of us, and their immortality hasn’t made them as perfect as they might like humanity to believe. (Gods, they’re just like us!) Princess by birth and sacrificial lamb by royal decree, Scarlet Midicious is ready to face her fate. She’s known her entire life that this day would come. Her wedding… The gauntlet… and likely her funeral.The romance was to rushed for my liking. I did like the two together and I really liked how Finn accepts all of Eva and her beast, I’d liked it if the romance was more gradually developed instead of rushed.

What...what do i do now until the next book is here? What am i gonna do without my two new favorite characters? This book has some Witcher vibes, various magical abilities and creatures, tons of world-building, and enough spice to keep your heart racing! Finn is one of my favorite characters in this book because he is so sarcastic, funny and lighthearted, he’s got that golden retriever energy that I LOVE but also can turn on the heat when necessary 😘This cover is equally as good as the cover of the first book, and the addition of Marie standing behind/alongside Bri makes it doubly lovely; they’re both super pretty. Her addition is a tad bit deceptive because, to me, it indicates that Marie becomes a main character in this book (she doesn’t), but the cover is no less powerful because of that. The villains are extremely evil. I don’t know about you, but I love having a villain to hate. The monsters are scary and creepy. The fights are brutal. The world building is well done and brings the story to life. And, the steamy scenes were excellent–explicit but not in a vulgar way. The ending chapters were heartbreaking but had the perfect ending for this story.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment