276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Combo: Acebeam K75 Long Throw Search Light - 6300 Lumen, 2500 Meter throw with 4x 18650 batteries

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Acebeam K75 is powered by four 18650 cells. Four are required, and they fit into the cell holder below. The tail cap, in the shape of a "U" has a knurling similar to that present on the body, in the lower part we find the writings of the brand, model, certifications and serial number. It is possible to insert, in the two slots that it has, a cord or a carabiner of a shoulder strap.

ACEBEAM K75 2.0 Longest Rang Throw Flashlight 2500 Meters ACEBEAM K75 2.0 Longest Rang Throw Flashlight 2500 Meters

Below is the battery indicator. More on that later. It’s a very visible light though. Not bright, but very evenly lit, and well-executed. The Acebeam K75 flashlight is a 18650×4 dedicated thrower with a Luminus SBT-90 Gen2. Read on for some thoughts and testing! Turbo drops at 2 minutes. From then on there is a stable output of 2500 Lumens till it dies at 1 hour and 43 minutes. Acebeam claims 1 hour and 45 minutes, so this is not far off at all. I will assume that all the other numbers are correct. POWER MODE When I took the batteries out, after running empty, the batteries were at 2.98 resting voltage. This means that they dropped to below 3V under load.

I used in my testing four protected MJ1 cells from LiionWholesale ( reviewed here). I’m extremely satisfied with those cells, and I can easily recommend them for you to use in this light. But the light isn’t particular. You could use any format 18650 you have. Button top, flat top, protected or unprotected. Longer cells will be a little harder to get into the bays. Even these protected MJ1’s are a bit long, but they fit (and I didn’t have to use tools to get them in or out). Color-changing silicone sleeve monitors the temperature of the flashlight and protects for anti-impact. The tests were done using the "new" batteries supplied with the torch (18650 Li-ion ARC18650H-310A 3100 mAh) charged at 4.18V. I also used a small fan to see the pattern of the discharge curve in conditions of forced ventilation. Measurement disclaimer: Testing flashlights is my hobby. I use hobbyist-level equipment for testing, including some I made myself. Try not to get buried in the details of manufacturer specifications versus measurements recorded here; A certain amount of difference (say, 10 or 15%) is perfectly reasonable.

AceBeam X75 Micro-arc Oxidation Powerful Flashlight |AceBeam

The user interface (UI) of the Acebeam K75 is simple and reflects the one already seen on other torches in the same house. It is managed by just one switch placed on the side. We have 6 levels plus the Strobe available. If you enjoy carrying a 1+ kilogram flashlight in your hands, you are tough. You could, however, use the lanyard to carry the light around. You know, just to relax those tiny muscles in your wrist.

The answer wasn’t so straightforward in the manual. I hope to make it a bit easier to understand, here is my try: If the battery falls below 11.2V, the light will shut off. Since these 4 cells are in series (and also why the light requires 4 for operation), this means the light should shut off when the voltage is around 2.8V per cell. This is well within the acceptable range. There’s a bit of branding on the tailcap. Plenty of room for it. And the lights are serialized, too. All output numbers are relative to my home-made Integrating Sphere and was set up with an Extech HD450 Lux Meter for measurements. For bright flashlights (above 5000 lumens) I am adding a Kenko PRO1D ND-16 filter. The base measurement is done with a Convoy S2+ that is tested at 137 lumens. I wouldn’t worry too much about me reading 71% of the claim here – extremes don’t always work so well in amateur setups like mine. So extreme throwers (like this one) and extreme flooders (like a Meteor or something) might not read exactly right. Don’t worry about it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment