276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bowmore Whiskey 18 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The flavor delivers subtle, fruity sweetness and spice in the main, and far less smoke than was present on the nose. The taste of the whisky would be much simpler than its smell, were not for a note of iodine that makes a welcome appearance.

This brings us neatly onto Bowmore 18 year old. I distinctively remember an early incarnation being the bottling which I had my first experience of FWP with. I one of those deviants who rather enjoy palma violet sweets. That said, I’d really prefer that they remain in the confectionary section and not in my whisky! B and B-: Good and above average. The best of the mass market whiskeys fit in this category, as do the bulk of the premium brands. A B- is three stars. Each and every Member must be of legal drinking age in its country of residence to be allowed to use the Service. If no such law exists in a Member’s country of residence, the Member has to be over 21 years old to use the Service. We have the right to ask you to provide proof of your age and/or to provide further identification to prevent underage usage and/or for any other legal or legitimate purpose. By using the Service, and by creating an account you represent, warrant and confirm that you are of legal age.

Recent Tastings

Without prejudice to the section Liability below, the Service may be temporarily unavailable during maintenance, updates, etc. We shall make reasonable efforts to inform you of any unavailability due to maintenance or updates. You won’t be getting Bowmore 25 cheaply, but then again, you probably shouldn’t expect to. This quarter of a century old expression is the apex of the distillery’s “core” lineup, and it’s honestly surprising they would even produce enough of this stuff for it to be regularly available with that kind of age statement. Like the 15 year old, this one experiences both bourbon and Spanish sherry cask maturation, although the distillery provides less detail about what kind of sherry casks, and how long that maturation might be. In general, though, it can be assumed that the folks at Bowmore pull out this bottle when they have someone to impress. Like the other expressions after the flagship 12 year, this one is bottled at 43% ABV (86 proof).

No partnership, joint venture, agency, or employment relationship is created as a result of your use of the Service. We may sell, license, transfer, assign or in any other way dispose of the Service (including Members) to any third party without any notification to you, e.g. (but without limitation) in connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets. If we decide not to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms, such decision shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. On the nose, Bowmore 12 is somewhat meaty, with BBQ smokiness that pairs nicely with a subtle nuttiness/nut butter quality that makes me think of almond butter. There’s also a bright citrus layer, which combines with the malt to evoke bergamot/Earl gray tea. The smoke level is moderate, but will seem mild to those who are well-versed in other Islay single malts. Finish: Medium to long. Again on orange, with ashy, puffy smoke plumes sitting alongside fading berries and salt water.Whilst whisky’s steeped history and long, slumbering maturation periods may give the impression of monolithic regularity – times do in fact change – and we’re not just talking about prices, but about the character of the make itself. Sometimes change is in slow incremental steps, sometimes it’s sweeping and dramatic – such as following a change in ownership or production methods. Distillate produced 10…20…or even 30 years ago almost always has a different profile to that which is produced today. Some for the better (consistency is arguably more consistent nowadays), and some for the worse. Distillery’s go through periods where they can seemingly do no wrong (read current Springbank), but equally years where things appear to have gone rather awry. Case in point - Bowmore. Finally, the Bowmore 18 Years Old is matched with the Aston Martin DB9. Introduced in 2003, the DB9 exhibited a 50/50 weight distribution between front and rear – ground-breaking for a road car at the time. Bowmore says this complexity and precision is reflected in the 18 Years Old, which is matured in oloroso and Pedro Ximénez sherry casks. We may, but are not under any obligation, to release new functionalities and tools or other features for the Service every now and then. Any new functionalities, tools and features shall be part of and governed by the Terms from the moment they are launched and/or available. Further, we reserve the right to modify, change, discontinue the Service, add or remove features, update the Service, change its appearance, temporarily and permanently, at any time, in whole or any part thereof. Bowmore 16 yo 2001/2017 (54.8%, Cadenhead '175th Anniversary' for Whisky Shop Baden, hogshead, 294 bottles)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment