276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SPORTTAPE Tan Zinc Oxide Tape - 3.8cm x 10m - High Strength Athletic Tape, Blister Prevention Tape, Plantar Fascia Tape | Sports Strapping Tape & Ankle Tape for Netball. Football, Rugby - Single Roll

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Firstly, prevention is obviously better than cure, but that’s no help if you have one already! If you do there are a few key principles for treating them; Always wash your hands before and after outings; take a sterilising gel to regattas. Dirt increases the rubbing which causes blisters. Thanks to its breathability, it is also easy to use a strip or two to stretch and cover a wide surface area to ensure your feet will be protected during your hiking trip. Versatile Non stretch sports tape is also perfect for foot taping, for example, preventing blisters and arch support taping for Plantar fasciitis. Tan Tape

Blisters are the bane of a hiker’s life. Even a well-fitted, high-end pair of hiking boots can go bad and cause you issues…usually when you are as far from civilization as it is possible to be! Zinc oxide is a chemical compound of zinc and oxygen. It is often used in medicine for skin and wound treatment due to its antiseptic properties.

HOW TO TAPE UP

I’ve had some great results from pre-taping my feet prior to long hikes and can now walk around 40 miles, confident that I won’t get blisters. Even on this year’s London2Brighton challenge where the weather conditions were appalling and I ended up wearing two pairs of unfamiliar shoes, I managed 57km feeling physically broken but with my feet still intact – not a single blister. My Blister Prevention Routine Many rowers get blisters, particularly in the first few months – later the hands develop calluses (hard skin) and you also learn to hold the blade/sculls so as to minimise the movement that causes blisters. There are many old wives’ tales about the best way to treat blisters, often dating from the days of wooden handles and once-a-week outings, and all old hands have their personal tips. This is a compendium of current advice from a range of sources; real masochists can just search online for “rowing blisters” for further reading.

However, it contains a magic ingredient that most other tapes don’t Zinc Oxide Adhesive Sports Tape to the Rescue Apply strips of Leukotape over the susceptible area (ball of your foot, for example) and up either side ensuring that there are no creases or gaps to avoid friction. Note, do not circle the foot entirely as it could constrict your blood supply.

Tiger Tape Zinc Oxide gives you that firm support for joints and muscles, providing restriction of movement or immobilisation, depending on the taping technique applied. This rigid sports tape is great for strapping the knees, ankles, elbows, shoulders, wrists, hands and fingers, providing a strong and secure hold so you FEEL READY to perform. Zinc oxide strapping is used quite a lot in sports and is essential to have in any pitchside sports first aid kit . Tearable. The bandage is dirt and water repellent with a high tensile strength, yet easy to tear by hand either lengthwise or crosswise for convenience, with no need to have scissors on hand. Watch out for signs of infection –these include swelling, redness surrounding the blister, yellow/green discharge or pus from the wound (not to be confused with normal transparent yellowish fluid you might expect from a blister) increase in pain and excessive heat from the area. Make a small hole at the edge with a sterilized pin or needle. Sterilized the pin by passing it through a flame.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment