276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Norman the Slug with a Silly Shell: A laugh-out-loud picture book from the creators of Supertato!

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They found some things silly like the clock but it was great to talk about why they thought these things wouldn't work and what they thought might work. After the encounter ends in clumsy disaster—at first, it wasn't clear what exactly happened, which caused a bit of a stumble until some thinking and flipping between those first two pages finally let enlightenment strike—the fun begins.

It's a book younger listeners will adore, while older ones will either enjoy it, or shake their heads and toss it to the side. I recommend the book to my friends and I think that the people who would like it the best would be my friends because they laugh a lot. Paul Linnet was born in Brighton and grew up in the Midlands, reading Tintin and playing classic 80s video games, before becoming obsessed with scribbling, writing, guitars and motorcycles. The children love books by Sue Hendra and were interested in Norman The Slug With The Silly Shell as soon as they saw it.Norman, a bright orange slug tries to find a shell so that he can join the smiling snails in their play. It is a humorous story about a slug trying to fit in with a group of snails with equally humorous results.

The bright and eye catching illustrations along with the humour are the best parts of the book and very appealing for the children. I would use this in my class to get students excited about reading and to talk about not always having to fit in.The surprisingly non-harrowing experience has made him eager now to take to the air, so he somehow turns a pair of underpants into a stiff glider. we had a super busy day today, but managed to find a few minutes for miss4 and I to talk about different types of lines. My daughter and I enjoyed this book about a slug who wanted to be a snail because snails have cool shells on their backs!

Web icon An illustration of a computer application window Wayback Machine Texts icon An illustration of an open book. Hendra introduces another very silly but irresistible creation in the grand tradition of Barry, Norman, Keith et al. The cover on this one is an eye-catcher and lures kids (and parents) attention right away, not only thanks to the glittery foil, but a doughnut as a shell is simply fantastic. With all of the fun, it does pull kids into thought without them ever realizing it, and might inspire them to adopt a slug of their own. PATTERNS AND LINES In 2006 she met Paul Linnet and could instantly see that she'd met a fellow nitwit who liked talking nonsense. More Hamburger icon An icon used to represent a menu that can be toggled by interacting with this icon.

He studied Graphic Design at Derby University, and later moved back to Brighton where he met Sue Hendra. They made up a story about a fish with fingers and then a slug with a doughnut for a shell, and now no one can stop them from writing more and more frankly ridiculous books. My thoughts: I don't think I've reminded anyone--this week at least--that reading picture books is super subjective. Use Pritt sticks so the they can be taken home immediately without worrying too much about the thing disintegrating withint five minutes. With similarly bold illustration, eye-catching cover and simple text [as Barry the Fish with Fingers] this has the potential to be another hit.After failed experiments with a tennis ball, an apple, and an alarm clock tied on his back, he straps himself beneath a discarded doughnut. Really sweet book used in school to discuss feelings of not wanting to stand out or be different / desire to 'fit in'. All in all, Norman: The Slug With The Silly Shell is a wonderfully silly children's book that lightly touches on conformity, being accepted, and finding one's talent – if one looks really closely. The ending will either leave a reader thinking, dreaming or simply saying 'huh' and wondering what just hit them. They went on to create many bestselling books together, working in a small room in their house in Brighton.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment