276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tortora's Principles of Anatomy and Physiology

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A pathology textbook. Robbins Basic Pathology should be sufficient. But then again everyone seems to get the big one, Pathological Basis of Disease. I assume this is so they can reference it in their clinical years or during residency or whatever. Other books like histology and microbiology aren't absolutely necessary either. But some might like to get them. For histology, I appreciate Junquiera's over other ones like Ross or Wheater's. For microbiology many really like Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple. But others like me prefer more traditional textbooks like Mims'. Pharmacology is important too but it's a growing and expanding field so it might not be ideal to spend the money to buy a textbook. If you do, though, I've found Katzung helpful. It's good on fundamental principles. Like many, I like Lippincott's for biochemistry. Books on embryology, immunology, genetics, medical dictionaries, and so forth really aren't necessary, I don't think.

Principles of Anatomy and Physiology - Gerard J. Tortora

Practitioner’s Perspective Videos: These engaging videos share the perspective of the clinician on a clinical case study. The clinicians represent an array of possible future careers for the students, including doctors and nurses but also EMT, audiologist, acupuncturist, and radiologic technician. The practitioners are diverse and represent broad student populations. Each of these practitioner’s share an engaging story about a person who is experiencing a disease state such as kidney stones, multiple sclerosis, burns, or a cochlear implant. D Physiology uses state-of-the-art 3D visualization to bring the 15 most complicated topics for students to learn and teachers to teach to life. The most requested topic, The Countercurrent Mechanism, helps students visualize a dense, very complex physiological process. Each animation is fully accessible and includes transcript and speed controls that allow students to absorb the material on their own terms. What’s New: Using the menu at the top, select a chapter. A list of resources available for that particular chapter will be provided. I should note that I don't read through textbooks in their entirety, but use them to supplement lectures, or when I don't understand something, or when I want to look up things in more detail. urn:oclc:803170278 Scandate 20100902012952 Scanner scribe5.sfdowntown.archive.org Scanningcenter sfdowntown SourceFirst Aid for the USMLE Step 1. An absolute must. Then supplement with Qbanks from places like Kaplan or USMLEWorld or the NBME itself. A clinical examination textbook. Bates is often recommended. But I prefer Talley's which is used in the UK and Commonwealth nations.

Principles of Anatomy and Physiology, 16th Edition - WileyPLUS Principles of Anatomy and Physiology, 16th Edition - WileyPLUS

urn:lcp:principlesofanat05tort:epub:6bb7efd5-778e-44e4-bc36-eeb725fa397d Extramarc Brown University Library Foldoutcount 0 Identifier principlesofanat05tort Identifier-ark ark:/13960/t75t4g39j Isbn 0060466693 Interactive VitalSource e-Text: Students can easily search content, highlight and take notes, access instructor’s notes and highlights, and read offline to any device. For an anatomy atlas, the classic is Netter's. Also, others recommend photographic ones like Rohen's Color Atlas of Anatomy. The benefit of Rohen's is it includes actual photos of dissected cadavers, prosections, and so on. But the problem with Rohen's is that it doesn't go as in-depth or get as detailed as Netter's or other atlases. So some might prefer a non-photographic atlas like Netter's Atlas or perhaps Thieme's which don't have photos but instead have illustrations or diagrams but tend to be more detailed than the photographic ones. Also, in my opinion, Grant's is underrated. It's a really fantastic atlas. It's mainly diagrammatic but it also includes other things like some photographs and radiological images. It's quite detailed too. In fact, many of the diagrams in Grant's are also used in Moore's. (Not so coincidentally, both Grant's and Moore's share authors.) For what it's worth, if anything, if I had to recommend a single atlas, I'd probably recommend Grant's. I would not ordinarily review a school textbook but I have to review this. This book has dominated my life for multiple months. It is the reason I don't have anything else to review. The tragedy of the semester aside, it was a great book. Not an easy read, but it did the job. I have an old edition of the book and I still managed to get through the class fine. It has the information that you need. Even if this is not your assigned textbook (which it probably is) I would grab it. It will help. An anatomy textbook. Tortora's is sufficient if you want to combine anatomy and physiology in one textbook. But if you go with a separate anatomy textbook, I think Moore's is great. Although if you decide on Moore, it might be better to get Baby Moore which is less detailed. It's sometimes easy to lose the forest for the trees with so much detail. Then again, this might just be me.urn:lcp:principlesofan1987tort:epub:b412b287-f349-4106-8c35-b956dec141e4 Extramarc University of Michigan Foldoutcount 0 Identifier principlesofan1987tort Identifier-ark ark:/13960/t86h59v96 Isbn 0060466693 New Opening Questions: Each chapter starts with questions designed to stimulate interest and class discussion, accompanied by new illustrations. A medicine textbook. Everyone seems to love Harrison's. Yes, it's awesome. It's a complete Bible of medicine. But it's got way too much information. In fact, several resident and even attending physicians have told me it has more than what even they as physicians need to know. It's better to use something like the latest edition of Current's. Or I prefer one used in the UK called Davidson's Principles and Practice of Medicine. During rotations, you'll see several other resources (e.g. UpToDate). Of course, a subscription to the New England Journal of Medicine and access to the latest journal articles is a great idea here too. Lecture Slides: PowerPoint presentations cover key concepts allowing the instructor to illustrate important topics with images, figures, and problems presented throughout the course.

Principles of Anatomy and Physiology, 16th Edition | Wiley

Lccn 86014843 Ocr ABBYY FineReader 8.0 Ocr_converted abbyy-to-hocr 1.1.11 Ocr_module_version 0.0.14 Openlibrary_editionYou can't get through the class without good graphics. This book has amazing pictures and graphs illustrating the topics. Above all, Gerard is devoted to his students and their aspirations. In recognition of this commitment, Gerard was the recipient of MACUB's 1992 President's Memorial Award. In 1996, he received a National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) excellence award from the University of Texas and was selected to represent Bergen Community College in a campaign to increase awareness of the contributions of community colleges to higher education. urn:oclc:803170278 Scandate 20110215133903 Scanner scribe8.shenzhen.archive.org Scanningcenter shenzhen Source

Principles of Anatomy and Physiology, 16th Edition | Wiley Principles of Anatomy and Physiology, 16th Edition | Wiley

But to be honest, I think lecture notes + anatomy labs + either an anatomy textbook or atlas of your choice (not necessarily both unless you have extra money to splurge) are more than sufficient for learning the basic gross anatomy required in most med schools and for the USMLE Step 1. If you want to go beyond, perhaps if you want to specialize in general or other surgery, then you can buy specialized surgical anatomy books later down the road. But for med school a single general anatomy textbook or atlas to supplement the material your med school provides you should be sufficient for most students. Revised, Added, and Illustrated Clinical Connections: Includes a Clinical Connection in Chapter 23 dealing with tracheostomy, endotracheal intubations, and ventilators.Or an anatomy atlas. I prefer either Grant's or Rohen's. I'd probably go for Grant's. I know Netter's is classic, but, again, I think the underrated Grant's is better than Netter's, even though Netter's is classic. For one thing, Grant's contains radiological images like MRIs whereas Netter's doesn't or rather doesn't include as many. By the way, in case any med students are interested, this is obviously just my opinion, but I don't think you need to buy tons of textbooks for med school. Just a few, essential ones should suffice. Also, I should mention that many if not most med schools provide students with access to online med books via places like Access Medicine. So no need to buy many textbooks since it's likely you'll be able to access them online via your med school.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment