276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Audioslave

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We understand that not everyone can donate right now, but if you can afford to contribute, we promise it will be put to good use. Now with a massively successful US tour opening for sweet soul darlings Thee Sacred Souls behind him, 2023 is sure to be a propitious year for Daptone's newest signee.

Audioslave · Out Of Exile (LP) [Repress edition] (2023) Audioslave · Out Of Exile (LP) [Repress edition] (2023)

Unconcerned by the fashions of the day, Jeff Mills' Axis label has been releasing a steady flow of minimal music on vinyl since 1992. Morello is a talented musician but his constant weird picking and tapping get on my nerves after a while, luckily on this record its less evident (but still does it way too much). Kind Of Blue is one of those works that as good as defines its genre, and in many ways it feels peculiar to play it on anything other than vinyl. If you're driving while listening, the gas pedal is pushing itself, so be careful and watch the speed.Listen to tracks such as Sweet Little Mystery and Hurt In Your Heart both digitally and then on vinyl and we're sure the former could never quite sate you again. You can find out more about how Technics has been defining turntable culture for half a century and the company's SL-1200M7L Limited Edition turntable.

Audioslave – Audioslave (2022, Gatefold, Vinyl) - Discogs Audioslave – Audioslave (2022, Gatefold, Vinyl) - Discogs

Just got my copy, finally, and played it for the first time yesterday, nothing of note really jumped out at me as far as the classic vinyl sound of greatness. Anyone who has had the pleasure of seeing Jalen perform live knows that he is one of the most captivating performers on today's soul scene.A standout track of the 2021 mix, Across The Universe, is almost completely new with how clean and spacious it sounds, and claws back a lot of the more distorted, low-fi charm of the track’s earlier mixes. It is undoubtedly to do with his velveteen vocal draped stunningly over this nine-song set, but also in the rounded body of its accompaniment and the jagged edges he allows sometimes to cut through. My main issue is that these songs, while well-written, don't have the urgency of his Soundgarden stuff, and urgency is his finest attribute. A routinely great artist, much of Sufjan's universal appeal comes from his skills as a gifted narrator, pairing personal musings on love and devotion with commentary on American culture, whilst welding folk and electronica, the ambient and existential. The backing instrumentals tend to be pretty solid too, with a lot of big guitars on the heavier tracks and some more pleasant light instrumentals on the slower ones.

Audioslave - Audioslave - (Vinyl LP) | Rough Trade

Probably in the upper tier of radio-friendly post-grunge, considering most of that wasteland was a cesspit. I never thought Chris Cornell was the answer for the "new Rage Against the Machine"--really, could you imagine Chris doing political rap (almost as hard to imagine. I just bought a copy dated from 2005, made in the EU, Double 180g vinyl, not gatefold and with no insert as mentioned below, but both vinyls are black. Over the last few months he has disarmed packed rooms of rowdy concert goers, leaving them silent as they hold fast to every syllable sung.

However modern, though, the music of The Beatles was very much intended to be played on vinyl, and when you place that heavyweight 180gm LP on your table, the crispness and detail of the 2021 mix elegantly marry the bright, lush warmth of a vinyl cut.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment