276°
Posted 20 hours ago

King of Battle and Blood (Adrian X Isolde Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Self-consciously, I lifted my hand and hissed at the sting of my shredded skin.The sudden flare of pain made me feel light-headed. After spying on the vampires, Isolde had returned to the castle in an attempt to get away from commander Killian, but met a strange on her way – one she’d successfully killed, suffering just a scratch on her end. Princess,” one of the guards at the gate said. His name was Nicolae. He was young, his face doughy and pale. The other, who was silent and stoic, was named Lascar. He was olive-skinned and large, his body almost too big for the sentry box behind him. Both soldiers were new to the royal guard. I liked the new recruits because they were easy to sway—all I had to do was smile, stroke their ego, and they’d pretend they never saw me slipping outside the gates at night.

Why did Adrian still have Safira hanging around him after Isolde told him not to feed from her? I don't understand Adrian and Safira's past relationship and it's never quite established. The man dropped his sword, as if he no longer perceived me as a threat, which made me want to be a threat, except that I dropped my arm too, my fingers loose around the hilt. I tried to tighten my hold but couldn’t.THE MAIN THING that bothered me about Isolde was her nonstop horniness. Seriously, she was either leaking or aching for like 80% of the damn book was literally so cringe-worthy and terrible that it was funny/entertaining and that was the ONLY thing that kept me reading

There’s a twist in the novel that I just went WILD over, and man did it wrench my heartstrings in the best way. Also, side note, but the writing itself? *chef’s kiss* So good. Scarlett St. Clair writes enviable fantasy! Book Genre: Adult, Fantasy, Fantasy Romance, Fiction, Magic, New Adult, Paranormal, Paranormal Romance, Romance, Vampires The air changed suddenly, and I twisted, lifting my blade once more, only to have it connect with another.From fan-favorite Scarlett St. Clair, the bestselling author of the Hades & Persephone series, comes a new fantasy filled with danger, darkness, and insatiable romance. My room was small and the bed took up a fair amount of space, allowing for little else save for a trunk full of keepsakes and a wardrobe. I could have had a large suite, but I’d chosen this one because of the view—the window below looked down upon my mother’s garden. His promise shivered through me like an oath he’d sworn to the goddesses themselves. I lifted my blade and charged, but as I swung, he vanished like mist in the morning sun.

Isolde is the ultimate female power fantasy—strong, just, wise, and willing to get her hands dirty when need be. Adrian, meanwhile, is the perfect anti-hero—he’s not simply evil, but he’s no saint either. It makes him unpredictable and really just enticing. Their chemistry was just 🔥! I’m not above some good vampire smut books in the right mood but dear god… this was SO BAD. Even with the vampire/forced marriage tropes, there ARE ways to write them and pull it off, but this decidedly failed in every regard. In an attempt to get away from all the frustration, Isolde ran from commander Killian but met a strange on her way to the castle. As a seasoned fighter, she defeated the filthy creature of course, suffering just a few scratches that were healed by a strange vampire she encountered in the woods – the same people she considered her enemies.I READ THIS FOR the smut and I definitely got some smut 😉 If anything, there was a bit too much smut because it kind of got repetitive after a while Isolde is not a main character that I liked. I really liked her in the first few chapters; she was strong, and independent, and saying how she wanted to rule without having to marry because she was raised to be a good ruler… Then I stopped liking her when she started traveling with Adrian and his vampires because she couldn’t stop acting like a jealous teen and she was so contradictory! All of her driven side disappears and instead, we got a whining teenager facing mean girls and bullies. She describes herself as a “strong woman”, but she is petty and SO jealous, and believes she should rule because it is her right and she was raised to do so, and because of that I didn’t see her as a kind and altruistic ruler, but rather a jealous teenager seeing every other women as threats or people there to help and serve her. I was really not impressed with her. It was said Adrian angered Dis, goddess of spirit, and as a result, she cursed him to crave blood. Her curse spread—some humans survived the transformation to vampire while others did not. Since their incarnation, the world had not known peace. Their presence had bred other monsters—all kinds that fed on blood, on life. While I had never known anything different, our elders did. They remembered a world without high walls and gates around every village. They remembered what it was like not to fear wandering beneath the stars as darkness fell.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment