276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Birth Debrief: Reflecting on pregnancy, Reframing birth, Redefining post-partum

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For a short explanation of why the committee made the recommendations and how they might affect practice, see the rationale and impact section on perineal health.

After-birth service provision - An opportunity for - AIMS After-birth service provision - An opportunity for - AIMS

A review of research into women’s experiences of after-birth support reports that women recall a range of benefits such as increased understanding of what happened during their birth, feeling reassured, believed and empowered ( 9). Many women often only access after-birth support when they are pregnant again; when the enormity of having to re-face a traumatic ordeal becomes overwhelming. On these occasions, the after-birth support serves a dual function of helping the woman understand what has been and to prepare them for what’s to come. In my PhD study ( 10), pregnant women who accessed the after-birth service were offered a range of support options from reviewing their hospital notes, re-visiting the birth environment, being allocated to a caseload midwifery team for the current pregnancy, and/or appointments with midwives and/or consultant obstetricians to co-construct birth plans. Women’s birth partners often attended the after-birth meeting, and for some this provided the first opportunity to openly discuss their experiences and how they had been impacted. Women referred to how this support had been essential in enabling them to release some of the negativity associated with their traumatic birth and to develop the strength and resolve to make their future birth a more positive event. Access to the after-birth service operated as a pivotal intervention that provided women with a sense of control and confidence. All of the women in this study went on to experience what I describe as a ‘redemptive birth’, a birth that enabled them to resolve and release the blame associated with the former birth and to feel proud and self-accomplished, irrespective of how the baby was born. While a key tenet of a positive birth is supportive caregivers, for these women, access to the after-birth service and consequent support was a key contributory factor ( 10). For a short explanation of why the committee made the recommendation and how it might affect practice, see the rationale and impact section on lactation suppression. This book should be given to every pregnant person at their booking appointment. I certainly wish it had existed when I was pregnant. It is full of invaluable and empowering information and tools that every pregnant person needs to assist them in navigating pregnancy, birth and postpartum. The woman who did mine was amazing and also said we should all feel empowered to do so, especially if we feel we have unanswered questions or birth trauma because that's what allows improvements to be made in the country as a whole but especially in each Trust.' It is very normal for mums and mums-to-be to occasionally experience these feelings and worries. But for some, they can find themselves very distressed and try to manage their anxieties or prevent their fears from coming true through compulsory behaviours such as cleaning, avoiding activities or having no breaks from caring for their baby.Following the report, many women have shared their traumatic birth stories, and Sarah says it's never too late to get help. information for partners about breastfeeding and how best to support breastfeeding women, taking into account the woman's preferences about the partner's involvement

The Birth Debrief: Reflecting on pregnancy, Reframing birth

she made me realise that I’m a bad ass woman in work and life and I can bring that energy to ensure that my wishes are respected by medical consultants who I had felt intimidated by! If you are still under the care of your midwife you could also ask them for a referral too.' What are the benefits of a birth debrief? I am not the same as I was before I had a baby, but I imagine not many mothers are. We are all creating new identities for ourselves, some out of choice, some out of necessity, but no one survives motherhood with their previous identity intact. We are all ever-growing; it’s how we evolve into the best version of ourselves that we can be, for the tiny people that we love."

making sure the baby sleeps on a firm, flat mattress, lying face up (rather than face down or on their side) NHS. 2015b. How can I access my health records? NHS Choices. Your health and care records. www.nhs.uk Opens a new window [Accessed July 2015] Rhea says, “Birth debriefing can help women to reclaim their birth story in terms of what courage looked like for them in that situation”.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment