276°
Posted 20 hours ago

RG405M Retro Handheld Game Console ,Aluminum Alloy Android 12 System 4.0 Inch IPS Touch Screen with 128G TF Card 3172 Games (RG405M-Black)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I have admitted in the past that I am not a huge fan of these types of shells…but dang…I can’t help but enjoy this one. Upgraded to Windows 11, I can play star wars battlefront 2015, battlefield 1 and V , Destiny 2 etc etc. That means that your choice between the two devices is going to come down to the external design with the main differences between the two devices being that the RG405M has a 4:3 aspect ratio screen (vs a 16:9 on the RP3+) and the RG405M has inline shoulder buttons versus the stacked shoulders of the RP3+. I do wish there was a way to change what art was in the thumbnail, it seems like it's a screenshot from the game by default but it would be nice to use the box art instead. Start and Select sit quietly beneath the low-sitting right analog stick, while the classic 4-button layout sits directly above it – really close to it.

Additionally, it is equipped with a 5,000 mAh battery that can last up to 8 hours on a single charge. Even though the display is big enough to play large consoles like the PS2 and small enough to make it feel pocketable it’s not the best display I have ever seen. It only really has trouble when I start trying to play games in the Wii-era (Metroid Trilogy at 12 fps, anybody?Es un chip excelente para una consola retro y al juntarlo con sus 4 GB de RAM LPPDRX tiene potencia suficiente para emular juegos de todas estas consolas: PS2, WII, NGC, 3DS, PSP, DC, SS, PS1, NDS, N64, CPS1, CPS2, CPS3, FBA, NEOGEO, GBA, GBC, GB, SFC y más. Skip if done before) Install Unisoc Drivers (included in the release zip in the UnisocDrivers folder) - run the DPInst64. For Gamecube and Wii emulation on the RG405M, I recommend the Official Dolphin Emulator Developer builds. That’s it, no higher; and even at that peak, only a certain amount of those games will be playable at a sufficient level.

Furthermore, Anbernic pre-installs its latest gaming handheld with Android 12, but there is no promise of major OS updates like Android 13 or Android 14. In the hand the RG405M is a solid device, it’s comfortable, smooth, has superb build quality due to the metal shell which is resistant to scuffs, drops and maybe even bullets and it you can feel that, because it weighs around 250g which isn’t far off a Nintendo Switch… so don’t go dropping it on your toes. Ultimately, with a dozen different apps required to take care of your emulation needs on Android, I recommend installing a good emulation frontend to help organize everything into a single, easy to use interface.While playing those more demanding systems, the RG405M’s 4500mAh battery gave me an average of 2-3 hours of play time. As per usual, the face buttons, D-pad, and analog sticks surround the glass rectangle and provide a balanced look to the front of the handheld. No additional hacks or tricks are really necessary to get pretty much the entire library up and running. As this device runs on Android 12, Android games like Deadcells and the Android port of Portal play decently. No special tweaks or settings are required to emulate any Dreamcast game once you boot the Redream app.

When it comes to sound, it comes out of those front-edge oriented speakers that we talked about earlier, which is acceptable.The A,B,X,Y buttons are to the right of screen, which are smooth and glossy, and I really liked the placement. The upper edge from left to right houses in-line L1/L2, a cooling vent, a USB-C/DC port, a volume rocker, the power button, and R1/R2. The same goes for Gamecube and Wii games, it works well with most games straight out of the box, but will require you to do some button mapping and tweaking by jumping into the emulation settings but that’s pretty easy to do. Please remove any SD card from your device before proceeding to avoid any potential issues when booting into recovery/fastboot mode.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment