276°
Posted 20 hours ago

First Steps in Counselling: A Students' Companion for Basic Introductory Courses

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, the information will only be used for the above mentioned purposes. Andy Rogers trained as a counsellor in the late 1990s, initially at Basingstoke College of Technology and then at the University of East Anglia’s (UEA) Centre for Counselling Studies, completing a Post-Graduate Diploma in 1999. This was a recommended read on an Introductory Counselling course that I attended and a book that my tutor had raved about. This fourth, updated and revised edition of this bestselling classic offers essential guidance to student counsellors and psychotherapists starting out on their training. This is a College-administered fund which can support some costs associated with attending qualification courses.

It is important for anyone in the counselling profession to be alert to issues of power and anti-oppressive practice throughout their career. The authors offer the trainee and novice helper a rich overview of the role, purpose and value of counselling skills in contemporary helping roles. The qualification you have chosen to study is part of the Legal Entitlements list and you are aged 19-23 at the start of your course and you do not already have a qualification at Level 3 or higher.For many years he managed counselling services in further and higher education colleges and now runs a private counselling, supervision and mental health mentoring practice in Basingstoke, Hampshire. For 98% of employers, the reforms mean that employing an apprentice will be better value for money than ever before. There really is something in this book for everyone, whether you are learning something new or anew. Nevertheless it served as a nice refresher, and Sanders' relaxed style makes it an easy, honest yet informative read.

I listen to what my clients are saying for some people this may be the first time that anybody has really listened to them. They also helpfully chart contemporary challenges, distinguishing professional, social and political features, including the recent tensions in the counselling and psychotherapy professions between medical and psychosocial, non-pathologising interpretations of mental health. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Famous for his accessible, jargon-free style, Pete Sanders' introductory counselling training text is chosen by thousands of tutors and students every year. Wished i'd bought this at the start of my Counselling training, easy to read and so full of knowledge of all the theorys.The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. This fifth edition has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect changes in the role and practice of counselling in the 21st century. All in all a useful tool for those just starting out in counselling let down by the ill advised presentation.

This new edition invites us to explore counselling’s foundations, history, theories, contemporary practice issues, dilemmas, debates and critiques, and signposts us on to further reading and future developments. This new edition of First Steps in Counselling is a detailed yet accessible companion for all those interested in counselling. A recommended read for anyone considering taking their 'First Steps in Counselling', or just interested in the field. A great counselling reference guide to have on your shelf that does not shirk the big issues or contradictions.Pete Sanders and Anja Rutten position therapy in contemporary society and render the theory, practice and origins of counselling understandable to all.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment